• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

News Dana says Conor will earn title shot with win over #9 ranked Cerrone

How can conor be good st something he has legit never done in his life?Thats like bolt losing to mo farah in a marathon, it means nothing to bolts 100m record
So like I said when it pretains to mma the floyd loss is irrelevant imo
Has never done in his life? Are you aware MMA involves boxing? They literally train boxing in a training. Secondly Conor is supposed to be this amazing striker and boxer

(I always saw through it but his fans didn’t clearly)

A benefit payday for Cowboy who has been a good servant to the UFC. I'll predict that he loses in the second and announces his retirement in the ring post- fight.

Has never done in his life? Are you aware MMA involves boxing? They literally train boxing in a training. Secondly Conor is supposed to be this amazing striker and boxer

(I always saw through it but his fans didn’t clearly)
I mean professionally.
There is a big difference between being a good boxer in a World of Amateur boxers(at best) and beating professionals and goat
That’s all

I’m not disagreeing with you
All I’m saying is he’s more than a hype job
He’s beat to many fighters to be 1
He shouldn’t of got the lightweight shot

Well ok, I get your point. I might be using ‘hype job’ a little too liberally.

I definitely acknowledge that Conor has an exceptional skillset. I just don’t think that it would get him anywhere near to where he is now without a concerted effort on the UFC’s part to clear obstacles for him.

So when people mention the champ-champ thing, I can’t help but point out how fabricated that whole thing was. Yes Conor delivered in spectacular fashion when he was put in front of Alvarez, but he should never have been given that fight in the first place after the Diaz debacle.

What a fucking joke.

Fucking Bullshit

YearlyYellowBlackbear-small.gif

I'm positively surprised that Clowner needs to EARN a titleshot.

I thought that every next fight for him WAS going to be a title shot. #FameMoneyAndPrivilege

{<redford}

They wanted Conor to win the LW title for monetary reasons. Which is obvious, and fine, but don't act like there was any justification from a merit standpoint.

He wasn't coming off a KO of Aldo at FW. He was coming off going 1-1 vs Nate Diaz at 170, getting stopped the first time and winning a majority dec in the rematch. Not exactly riding a wave of momentum. Meanwhile you had another guy who fought the same month who was on an EIGHT FIGHT winning streak in the division we are talking about. The division where Conor hadn't even fought yet. If things were actually merit based, you'd have swapped Ferguson and Conor in November of 2016. Ferguson would have fought Eddie for the belt, Conor would have fought RDA (who was coming off the KO loss to Eddie). Conor got that title shot because of his name and the economics of it. Which, again, is fine. Just don't delude yourself into thinking he earned it in the cage. Tony should have been fighting for the title, even back then.
i said he earned the fight with RDA, knocking out jose fuckin aldo like that was huge.

i said he earned the fight with RDA, knocking out jose fuckin aldo like that was huge.

Okay, so you agree that after Eddie stopped RDA that Conor should have still fought RDA (obviously not for the title), and Tony should have fought Eddie for the title?

My bad, I misread what you were saying. I agree Conor had at least earned the right to fight a highly ranked LW. Just shouldn't have gotten a title shot right off the bat (based on merit). And again, I also realize you can't ignore the economics so I get why they did give him the instant title fight.

UFC has been a freak show for a while now. this time a drug cheat and a has-been are running it.

As long as Ferg and Khabib fight first I'm OK with Conor getting back involved.

Beating Cerrone is no small achievement.
This. 100% this. Conor would get smoked by either, so as long as TFerg gets his shot then I don't care who they feed Conor to. Also, Conor may get snuffed by Cowboy, in which case he should just hang it up. Unless he's ok with becoming a one trick pony for the UFC to trot out there, 75% for his prefight shenanigans, and 25% for his actual skill. He would have a long disappointing run at 55 if he tries to get 4-5 more fights in

I feel like this is more WME's decision rather than Dana's, but this is honestly hilarious to me at this point

Because Dana wants to give Mcg as much advantage as he can to get the title back for him and the shit talk train moving forward to draw casuals. We all know dana sucks Mcg's dick so it's not unexpected to make favorables matches for him, he's done it since Mcg was in FW.

Back