• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

News Dana says Conor will earn title shot with win over #9 ranked Cerrone

Can you imagine if Cerrone actually knocks him out ? I mean he is definitely a few years past his prime but he can still scrap, his slow starting style is perfect for Connor to just drop his ass tho
I wouldn't be shocked.

When you start to take "easy" fights that shows that your mentality is not there. The self belief is lacking.

That's when you get knocked out.

Beats cowboy and then gets his ass handed to him again by khabib

Spose it gives us all something to laugh at

At least he's not getting an immediate rematch, and the Cerrone fight is 50/50 imo and Donald could easily finish him just like Conor could finish Cerrone plus it's a fun stylistic fight so shit, I'm down to watch it.

At least he's not getting an immediate rematch, and the Cerrone fight is 50/50 imo and Donald could easily finish him just like Conor could finish Cerrone plus it's a fun stylistic fight so shit, I'm down to watch it.
Tony Ferguson is even more exciting stylistically, plus the fight would actually mean something.

As long as Ferg and Khabib fight first I'm OK with Conor getting back involved.

But they won't, and that's the fucking problem. Khabib is suspended, then there's the fucking ramadan, then he's boycotting Nevada because his gang got suspended and all that crap. By the time he will fight, Conor vs Cowboy has already happened and if Conor wins, he will be Khabibs next fight. One can only pray Cowboy manages to win against Conor to prevent this shit from happening, but I don't think we're that lucky.

If by some miracle Ferguson gets his shot first before Conor gets another shot, then I'm fine with it too.

Tony Ferguson is even more exciting stylistically, plus the fight would actually mean something.

I mean you're not wrong, but Tony should fight Poirier for an interim belt. Conor vs. Cerrone for a shot at the interim if Khabib is out 'til late this year.

What legacy? He beat Aldo, lost to Diaz, lost to Khabib. Talk about overrated.

Or, he beat Aldo, Holloway, Poirier, Diaz, Mendes and Alvarez.

Have a nice day, and enjoy your hatin'.

For beating Siver and 10 day Mendes? Nope.

Dodged every grappler in that division with the exception of an out of shape Mendes, should have had a legit #1 contender fight IMO.
They also wouldn't let Edgar into the cage to call him out (either after Mendes or Aldo... he walked up to the cage, and they turned him away).

You keep talking about the handful of impressive wins he has (all except one at 145) and continue to ignore what I just outlined: that he was time and time again offered opportunities that no fighter has. This undermines everything that he has accomplished, including the win over Aldo and most certainly the LW title win.

Do you not realise how many fighters can rise to the occasion if their path to the title is cleared of bad matchups and any setbacks are basically ignored? Once again: a belt is more than just winning a single fight - it's also about legitimately earning your right to challenge in the first place.

So many people don't get this.

I dont really agree with it, just want Ferg to get his shot.
I've done a breakdown of the fight on my new channel if people like watching that sort of thing though :)

Is this a joke? Why can't he earn it against a top 5, or better yet Ferg, who wants a red panty night and is now being shelved until next November?

1. Ferg - 11 straight wins.
3. Dustin - 9-1-1 in his last 11
4. Iaquinta - 6-1 in his last 7
5. Lee - 6-2 in his last 8

9. Cerrone - 3-4 in his last 7 fights, suffered three knockouts, aging and chin cracking

What I would take from this interview is - "Oscar is a moron, and when you're a moron like that you have to fight"

Would you say he said fighters fight cause they are morons and can't do anything else, or did he mean "you have to fight (him)" talking about himself?

Conor gets titleshots for taking a morning shit.
Nothing new here, just typical UFC behaviour when it comes to Conor.

Fuck Dana fighting De La Hoya. I want to fight his fat ass for fucking up the UFC.

Since Khabib is suspended longer than Conor, it won't surprise me a bit if the bald clown makes Conor vs Cerrone an interim title fight.
Literally impossible, if anyone is going to fight for an interim belt, it's going to be Ferguson.

Back