Banned
Reaction score
Jon Jones: $500,000 (no win bonus)
def. Anthony Smith ($350,000)

Kamaru Usman: $350,000 (no win bonus)
def. Tyron Woodley: $500,000

Ben Askren: $350,000 (includes $150,000 win bonus
def. Robbie Lawler: $200,000

Weili Zhang: $36,000 (includes $18,000 win bonus)
def. Tecia Torres: $36,000

Pedro Munhoz: $96,000 (includes $48,000 win bonus)
def. Cody Garbrandt: $130,000

Zabit Magomedsharipov: $110,000 (includes $55,000 win bonus)
def. Jeremy Stephens: $67,000

Johnny Walker: $90,000 (includes $45,000 win bonus)
def. Misha Cirkunov: $45,000

Cody Stamann: $66,000 (includes $33,000 win bonus)
def. Alejandro Perez: $42,000

Diego Sanchez: $198,000 (includes $99,000 win bonus)
def. Mickey Gall: $30,000

Edmen Shahbazyan: $26,000 (includes $13,000 win bonus)
def. Charles Byrd: $12,000

Macy Chiasson: $50,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus)
def. Gina Mazany: $14,000

Hannah Cifers: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
def. Polyana Viana: $12,000

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/03/ufc-2...hony-smith-ben-askren-robbie-lawler-las-vegas

Dana should be ashamed of himself.

Jesus christ

Diego must still be a good draw. Happy for him.

Jeremy Stephens has a million UFC fights, is entertaining as hell, and headlined the ESPN portion of the card for $67k. And that's not a salary -- he's a contractor who pays for all of his own training, travel, family medical plan, etc.

Wow. That guy would have to fight 3-4 times per year (so with camp basically a full-time job), pay his expenses and then make less than I do. And I'm nowhere near top 10 or top 100 in my profession. Sad.

No wonder Diego's still fighting. Looks like he hasn't aged abit.

With the Reebok deal, are they getting income from any other source? I know Askren said he was only getting 3500 from the sponsorship. That's horrendous. I would think each guy should about double their money from sponsorships.

some of these fighters are really underpaid. How is Tecia getting paid more than Charles Byrd and Edmend? I wouldve thought Woodley would be getting paid more. Jones too. Whats strange is how uniform the salaries of the top guys are. like why 500,000, instead of say, 532,000?. It's like there's no haggle room.

Last edited:
Jeremy Stephens has a million UFC fights, is entertaining as hell, and headlined the ESPN portion of the card for $67k. And that's not a salary -- he's a contractor who pays for all of his own training, travel, family medical plan, etc.

Wow. That guy would have to fight 3-4 times per year (so with camp basically a full-time job), pay his expenses and then make less than I do. And I'm nowhere near top 10 or top 100 in my profession. Sad.

You make more than 200k usd per year?

Jeez.

Also very surprised to see Jeremy's numbers.. he didn't make much more than Zabit for crying out loud.

Off topic but how much did Sage used to make?

Ali's fighters wining like always

damn, i thought i heard ben say earlier in the week he was only getting $3500.

cool, u dont have to tell both sides of the story to get ur point across.

With the Reebok deal, are they getting income from any other source? I know Askren said he was only getting 3500 from the sponsorship. That's horrendous. I would think each guy should about double their money from sponsorships.

They used to... Diego probably got around 50k from Reebok - he was getting easily more than that around 2010.

3500 for Askren is a straight insult.

Wonder how much Tyron made from that Monster Energy logo on his T-shirt.

Not a bad day at work for Anthony Smith. Didn't do shit for 5 rounds. Congrats!

What do you do?

Most fighters has sponsor money outside Reebok.
The Reebok is only for fight week.

Does anybody know how these guys pay their gyms and trainers ?

Do they get a percentage of the fight purse or is it like a gym membership at 24 hr fitness which seems unlikely

I just don’t get how these guys survive on these incomes (when you not a main event)

Back