UFC 235 salaries

cool, u dont have to tell both sides of the story to get ur point across.
To me, you do. Trust me, I am not bragging about how much money I make. There are a hell of a lot of people who make a hell of a lot more; I am just a normal guy with a decent to good job, not a wealthy guy, but he is one of the best in the world. That's the point of the comparison to me.

What do you do?
I am a lawyer. So I guess you could say it took me 7 years of schooling and a few years of "training" before I had good earning potential, but fighters have to train many years to get to the UFC also. In addition, I can do my job until I basically die, while they get a decade.

Of course I understand the economic arguments about fighter pay, but these fighters have no bargaining power. It is truly a shame, but until fans demand higher pay or the fighters unionize, I think this is what we are stuck with.

I am a lawyer. So I guess you could say it took me 7 years of schooling and a few years of "training" before I had good earning potential, but fighters have to train many years to get to the UFC also. In addition, I can do my job until I basically die, while they get a decade.

Of course I understand the economic arguments about fighter pay, but these fighters have no bargaining power. It is truly a shame, but until fans demand higher pay or the fighters unionize, I think this is what we are stuck with.

I’m a mortgage advisor in Canada.

I make about 110-120k per year nowadays which is a lot of money up here.

I think that’s like 75-80k USD.

Lawyers don’t make that much here in Canada either the average salary for a Canadian lawyer is like 97k Canadian. Less than me.

I could make more if I worked a lot harder and got better at my job.

He was making over 100K a fight which is why alot of fighters didn't like him because they were experienced making 3x less money than a 19 year old kid.

Damn those are some pricey abs

Looks more than fair to me. UFC being generous even. Fighters should be grateful. Yes serious.

Damn Smith got 350k? Dudes made alot of cash this past year, probably happy as hell(happy as possible for getting beat down)

Jeremy Stephens has a million UFC fights, is entertaining as hell, and headlined the ESPN portion of the card for $67k. And that's not a salary -- he's a contractor who pays for all of his own training, travel, family medical plan, etc.

Wow. That guy would have to fight 3-4 times per year (so with camp basically a full-time job), pay his expenses and then make less than I do. And I'm nowhere near top 10 or top 100 in my profession. Sad.

Hey everyone look at this guy with his good salary.

Off topic but how much did Sage used to make?

Sage made 80/80 for his last fight in the UFC. The fight before that he made 70/70. He seemed to have an incentive in his contract for wins so his next fight would have probably been 90/90.

They used to... Diego probably got around 50k from Reebok - he was getting easily more than that around 2010.

3500 for Askren is a straight insult.

Wonder how much Tyron made from that Monster Energy logo on his T-shirt.

Reebok payout caps at $20,000 unless you are a title challenger or champion which get you 30k and 40k respectively.

Does anybody know how these guys pay their gyms and trainers ?

Do they get a percentage of the fight purse or is it like a gym membership at 24 hr fitness which seems unlikely

I just don’t get how these guys survive on these incomes (when you not a main event)

It depends on the relationship the fighter has with his coach. Some coaches get a percentage with fighters where they are home grown and really loyal but it is more commonly a fee. The fighters often have to pay a nutritionist or strength and conditioning coach separately if they want someone at the top of the field. They are also responsible for paying sparring partners if they need to bring someone in with a specific style. Most low tier UFC fighters have day jobs or do appearances, seminars and private lessons to make extra money.

Holy shit Stephens is working for slave wages. Kid should be at 100k flat.

I guarantee Dana wasted the whole undercard salary in one hand of blackjack

Some champs get bonuses based on PPV points, Jones is probably one of the only stars left now that GSP, or Khabib won't be fighting anytime soon.

Jeremy could prolly muster up a better contract, but he is not a big draw nor is he good at talking smack, which are the two biggest determinants unfortunately.

After all the bills are paid, training camps, supplements, doctors etc someone like Jeremy Stephens would make around 2k/month if he fights 2 times a year. Sad. Chicks on undercard probably end up with $500/month.
Remember when Dana said UFC would be as big as soccer. Ronaldo probably makes in a week playing 1 game on the weekend what Jon Jones makes in 6 months.

Jeremy Stephens has a million UFC fights, is entertaining as hell, and headlined the ESPN portion of the card for $67k. And that's not a salary -- he's a contractor who pays for all of his own training, travel, family medical plan, etc.

Wow. That guy would have to fight 3-4 times per year (so with camp basically a full-time job), pay his expenses and then make less than I do. And I'm nowhere near top 10 or top 100 in my profession. Sad.

Sponsors pay them money too

Props to Smith. That's awesome. He should get a backdoor bonus, too.

He's still pocketing over 100k a year, if fights 3 times and loses... you make more than that? You guys hiring?

Back