UFC 235 salaries

Jeremy Stephens's manager is a retard. The guy has been in the UFC for over a decade and has headlined multiple cards and he's barely making more than Misha fucking Cirkunov and Johnny Walker.

No shit. Stephens needs to hire that creepy Abdul guy who reps Khabib, seems to get good deals

Jeremy Stephens has a million UFC fights, is entertaining as hell, and headlined the ESPN portion of the card for $67k. And that's not a salary -- he's a contractor who pays for all of his own training, travel, family medical plan, etc.

Wow. That guy would have to fight 3-4 times per year (so with camp basically a full-time job), pay his expenses and then make less than I do. And I'm nowhere near top 10 or top 100 in my profession. Sad.
Well if he won it would have been $134,000, That’s a decent chunk of change.

You don’t factor in his bonuses, Reebok pay, outside sponsorships. If he really wanted to make more money, maybe he should think about winning more often, guys with sub 66% win rates usually don’t get paid top tier.

Fighter pay is at an all time high though sponsorship money is not as good anymore. Some guys on the main card used to make under $10k and that was for PPVs doing 500k. UFC brass is aware that the more you pay fighters the more leverage fighters have as they can sit out more(plenty of evidence to back up).

If Stephens fought 3 times in a year and won all three that that would be roughly $400k before expenses/taxes. The win bonus scenario is really what fucks fighters over at the lower end.

If he made 400K in a year he'd have what, 100K left after taxes and expenses?
It's not awful but you'd make more being a longshoreman

No shit. Stephens needs to hire that creepy Abdul guy who reps Khabib, seems to get good deals

When he lifted Usman's daughter with that grin on his face...
Man that was fairly disturbing. Dude looks genuinely creepy.

GettyImages-467815985.0.0.0.jpg

Jon Jones: $500,000 (no win bonus)
def. Anthony Smith ($350,000)

Kamaru Usman: $350,000 (no win bonus)
def. Tyron Woodley: $500,000

Ben Askren: $350,000 (includes $150,000 win bonus
def. Robbie Lawler: $200,000

Weili Zhang: $36,000 (includes $18,000 win bonus)
def. Tecia Torres: $36,000

Pedro Munhoz: $96,000 (includes $48,000 win bonus)
def. Cody Garbrandt: $130,000

Zabit Magomedsharipov: $110,000 (includes $55,000 win bonus)
def. Jeremy Stephens: $67,000

Johnny Walker: $90,000 (includes $45,000 win bonus)
def. Misha Cirkunov: $45,000

Cody Stamann: $66,000 (includes $33,000 win bonus)
def. Alejandro Perez: $42,000

Diego Sanchez: $198,000 (includes $99,000 win bonus)
def. Mickey Gall: $30,000

Edmen Shahbazyan: $26,000 (includes $13,000 win bonus)
def. Charles Byrd: $12,000

Macy Chiasson: $50,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus)
def. Gina Mazany: $14,000

Hannah Cifers: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
def. Polyana Viana: $12,000

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/03/ufc-2...hony-smith-ben-askren-robbie-lawler-las-vegas
Interesting numbers. Zabit's agent (I think it's Ali) must be pretty good at negotiating. Zabit has half as many fights as Tecia but is on 20k more. I guess he has a bigger audience with Russia behind him.

More of these guys need to leave and go to ONE or bellator, competition only raises the pay days just look at boxing right now there are some pretty unknown fighters getting high pay days

Jeremy Stephens's manager is a retard. The guy has been in the UFC for over a decade and has headlined multiple cards and he's barely making more than Misha fucking Cirkunov and Johnny Walker.
I missed that. Yea that's crazy. Stephens should be on that 100k show money minimum.

By not accepting that DQ win, Smith lost about 0.5mln USD right there. Must be fighting for legacy too.

Smith deserved 35 k tbh.. he hit the lotto .. that will be his last

Meninists don't jump on my head I'm not "one of those" but why are the women paid so little? I understand getting asses in seats and making a good show... but 14k-50k? ...Really?

It's because those girls are early in their UFC careers, same payrates would apply to unknown guys ..... someone like Askren is a special case because he's a big name coming in to the UFC . If you keep winning you move up the payscale and of course you double your money if you win. After a while you can negotiate a new contract.

The win bonus thing can be an issue, Tecia Torres earned 110k a few fights ago, 30k basic, 30k win bonus and 50k performance bonus .... pretty good money for beating an unranked Juliana Lima. Her last three fights she's been stuck on 36k basic, a total of 108k for losing to Andrade, Joanna and Zhang ... a hard way to earn a crust. Btw Chiasson was on 25k because she won tuf, ordinarily a newbie with one previous win would be on 14k

There should be at least a 2 in front of those number

Diego must still be a good draw. Happy for him.

Lots of old vets that are still around in the UFC are making good money. I remember seeing Ed Herman's pay and being shocked.

Last edited:
Lmao at these poverty wages. Wouldn’t expect any better from an f tier org tbh.

Jeremy Stephens has a million UFC fights, is entertaining as hell, and headlined the ESPN portion of the card for $67k. And that's not a salary -- he's a contractor who pays for all of his own training, travel, family medical plan, etc.

Wow. That guy would have to fight 3-4 times per year (so with camp basically a full-time job), pay his expenses and then make less than I do. And I'm nowhere near top 10 or top 100 in my profession. Sad.

Judging by internet trends, no one seems to know who the fuck he is.

These are trash paydays. UFC should be embarrassed.

Well if he won it would have been $134,000, That’s a decent chunk of change.

You don’t factor in his bonuses, Reebok pay, outside sponsorships. If he really wanted to make more money, maybe he should think about winning more often, guys with sub 66% win rates usually don’t get paid top tier.
So 2/3 of elite fighters who fight only other elite fighters don't make much money.

That's my point.

Back