Sergey Lipinets vs Lamont Peterson March 24th FS1 PBC

Bittersweet to see him retire like that. He’s given us a lot of good, fun fights.

But I’m glad he’s putting himself first. He’s taken a lot of damage and he’s probably done at the titlist level.

Bittersweet to see him retire like that. He’s given us a lot of good, fun fights.

But I’m glad he’s putting himself first. He’s taken a lot of damage and he’s probably done at the titlist level.

and he recognizes it. smart decision for him

Damn, thats sort of sad. The wars have caught up to Peterson.

Always like Lamont, the guy gives his all.
15 years as a pro.
Made some good money too. $600k when he fought Spence, and made $1.2M when he fought Garcia.

Fun fight with lots of back and forth action. Was close until that left hook landed with the follow-up that hurt Peterson.

Good time for Peterson to retire. Lipinets isn't going to make much noise against the best at WW, but he's a quality action fighter.

Lipinets isn't going to make much noise against the best at WW, but he's a quality action fighter.
I dont see him ever beating Spence or Crawford, but hes still early in his career and I could see him beating anyone else in the division in a few years.

I dont see him ever beating Spence or Crawford, but hes still early in his career and I could see him beating anyone else in the division in a few years.
ehh that’s a bit of a stretch. i don’t see him beating really anyone decent. i feel like this fight said more about lamont than lipinets

I really can't see that happening. He's a good puncher with decent durability, but little else.

Lipinets vs

Danny García, Ugas Or Omar figueroa next

he looks like a shit version of danny devito- he also keeps dancing/ hopping around the ring. annoying little cunt

been to a lot of cards in MD, and he has been at every single one. My friends and I used to call him the Imp.

Anyways, Peterson brothers both throw/land a lot of shots that look very crisp, accurate, good technique... but good god, they have NO power. I don't understand how 2 guys that ripped, with great technique, have no power. One of Lipinets jabs did more damage than like a 3 piece combo from Lamont

I'm convinced that Khan will stay around waaaay too long.

You might be right. I think Crawford is going to stop him badly; hopefully he hangs em up if that happens.

Back