Sergey Lipinets vs Lamont Peterson March 24th FS1 PBC

You might be right. I think Crawford is going to stop him badly; hopefully he hangs em up if that happens.
He'll be calling out Kell Brook a month later.

He'll be calling out Kell Brook a month later.

I said awhile back that he'd be calling Brook out from a nursing home. I doubt he ever actually makes that one happen, though. What his chin lacks in strength, his ego makes up for.

I said awhile back that he'd be calling Brook out from a nursing home. I doubt he ever actually makes that one happen, though. What his chin lacks in strength, his ego makes up for.
Right, he'll call him out, fight some tomato can, barely win and then fight some other prospect.

Right, he'll call him out, fight some tomato can, barely win and then fight some other prospect.

Even a literal tomato can is going to be a threat to Khan soon, if it's tossed hard enough.

15 years as a pro.
Made some good money too. $600k when he fought Spence, and made $1.2M when he fought Garcia.

He probably did alright in that Khan fight, too.

It's interesting that Lipinets is now a guy to talk about at 147. Honestly, I thought Peterson would have had his number, but Lipinets came ready to face adversity over a 12 round fight and pulled it off in spectacular fashion.

I'd like to see him up against someone like Danny next. I have a feeling that tier of fighter will be too much for Sergey but I'd love to see it anyway.

It's interesting that Lipinets is now a guy to talk about at 147. Honestly, I thought Peterson would have had his number, but Lipinets came ready to face adversity over a 12 round fight and pulled it off in spectacular fashion.

I'd like to see him up against someone like Danny next. I have a feeling that tier of fighter will be too much for Sergey but I'd love to see it anyway.

Vs Danny, Ugas or Omar Figueroa

That was an entertaining bout. He eventually broke Peterson. I racked out after and didn't see him retire, but hope Peterson has dough and enjoys it.

I think he's a fun fighter but he's too hittable and not dynamic enough offensively to make up for his defensive shortcomings against the elite.

Sunday’s telecast averaged just over 290,000 viewers across Fox Sports’ various platforms, topped by Sergey Lipinets’ thrilling 10th round knockout of Lamont Peterson (35-5-1, 17KOs) in a battle of former titlists at MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill, Md.

peterson-lipinets_2.jpg

Guys will now know not to get into a short range firefight with him and will try to beat him with distance and realistically guys like Danny will, but agreed it would still be cool to see.

Guys will now know not to get into a short range firefight with him and will try to beat him with distance and realistically guys like Danny will, but agreed it would still be cool to see.
Yeah exactly. He’s a real solid opponent for any of the top guys, even if he won’t beat the top guys. I think he could make a really interesting fight with Porter. He doesnt understand the term “distance”.

Im just now watching this. My god Lipinets was throwing everything he could put into his punches right out of the gates lol.

Wow what a fight. Much, much respect to Peterson.

Lets see Swift vs Lipinets imo.

Back