One of the keys to being good volume puncher

Right Hook nut shot

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Strong triceps, and strong front shoulders. Seriously work out these muscles get them bigger, and I'll gurantee you it'll make it easier to throw more quick punches without getting tired. Won't get tired keeping the guard upNate-Diaz-1089651.jpg 6e0e2d05f751c311b28ee005e1664be3.jpg daniel-cormier-ufc-210-1.jpg 20131219092737_max_holloway.JPG 10890324_web1_UFC-Calgary-Mixed-Martial-Arts_6490757.jpg

All I'm saying is next time you guys work out make sure to put an emphasis on the front deltoids, and triceps. You'll thank me later

Last edited:
You talk about the keys and then you show us the Diaz bros, as if these dudes lift.

They all look normally proportioned to me

Regardless if they lift or not their in shape. And they have prominent triceps

It's called the front deltoid
Okay cool, what's the back called? ( seriously, not trying to be a dick, I thought shoulders were just shoulders, lol.)

I'm not just saying bs. This is from experience aswell every since I started targeting these muscles specifically. I been able to punch faster, and I literally never get tired keeping my guard up. Having low body fat is also another key in punching fast, with more power, and explosiveness but not necessarily more volume

Okay cool, what's the back called? ( seriously, not trying to be a dick, I thought shoulders were just shoulders, lol.)

No clue. I dont think you can even workout your back shoulders . You got your front delts, and side delts

A lot of nerds think muscles dont help in a fight. But the most important muscles for fighting are the front shoulders, triceps, upper glutes, and lats

No clue. I dont think you can even workout your back shoulders . You got your front delts, and side delts
Just looked it up, aside from the deltoid there are 3 others with crazy ass names I've never heard of.

As someone who has lived the last 3 years with a torn rotator cuff you would think I would be more educated on this subject but unfortunately that is not the case.

I do know that the bones are the collar bone and scapula though having broken them both a couple times, lol.

Regardless if they lift or not their in shape. And they have prominent triceps

It's called the front deltoid

Makes your point of "Seriously work out these muscles get them bigger" Moot then. You should probably edit that OP in encouraging others to not work out those muscles then.

Two things-
You don't throw punches with your shoulders or your triceps. Your whole body is involved. Most of your power doesn't even come from your arms, and if it is you have no clue how to throw a proper punch.

Also, a conditioned muscle isn't necessarily a larger muscle.

There's just so much wrong in this fail thread.

Depends on how you achieve those strong shoulders and triceps.

Doing a bunch of body building moves (cables flyes, front raises, cable pushdowns, db presses, front and lateral raises) will have you stiff and too tight. Your punches will suck. Anything where you have to keep your lats and shoulders stiff while you execute the move is not optimal. However doing some things like sled pulls and even battle ropes will get your shoulders stronger and build endurance at the same time. Pendlay rows and good too to build explosiveness and back strength.

It's a big cliche but the term "functional strength" applies here. However you can build strength while keeping loose shoulders for punching is best.

Two things-
You don't throw punches with your shoulders or your triceps. Your whole body is involved. Most of your power doesn't even come from your arms, and if it is you have no clue how to throw a proper punch.

Also, a conditioned muscle isn't necessarily a larger muscle.

There's just so much wrong in this fail thread.
you're right

but he's also right too

It's a lot of shoulder conditioning, triceps are Important. For the purpose of throwing a lot of punches / volume without getting tired.

But yeah, obviously the whole body is crucial. Upper back, core, posterior chain, hamstrings, calves, even little things like foot strength and posture.

Depends on how you achieve those strong shoulders and triceps.

Doing a bunch of body building moves (cables flyes, front raises, cable pushdowns, db presses, front and lateral raises) will have you stiff and too tight. Your punches will suck. Anything where you have to keep your lats and shoulders stiff while you execute the move is not optimal. However doing some things like sled pulls and even battle ropes will get your shoulders stronger and build endurance at the same time. Pendlay rows and good too to build explosiveness and back strength.

It's a big cliche but the term "functional strength" applies here. However you can build strength while keeping loose shoulders for punching is best.
good post

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbdbxb
Back