Social San Francisco gets 16000 complaints about public defecation in a week

This is where the more liberal policies on California come back to bite us in the ass I think. Building in California is a pain in the ass, and in general builders aren't creating enough new supply to make up for the demand. And people have to go someplace. That's why we have tent cities popping up in Oakland and Berkeley, and the people living in them are the same people who work in the local convenience stores. The homeless there are a mix of regular workers, drug addicts and the mentally ill.
That is true but I don't think an all out free market approach is the answer either(not that you said it was to be clear).

The reason is that there is no incentive to build affordable housing. As a builder if you have x amount of land it only makes sense to develop luxury housing because you get more money for the same amount of land. Like you point out because of mega-industries like Silicon Valley and Hollywood there are no shortage of well off people from around the country and world wanting to come to California's mega-cities so the demand for said luxury housing is basically endless. But the average joes get priced out.

So while I agree that there needs to be less red tape for builders we also have to find a way to incentivize the building of cheap housing for lower income Americans. I think that there needs to be less red tape in the building of tiny homes, especially on preexisting single family lots, as well public mixed income apartments.

Last edited:
That is true but I don't think an all out free market approach is the answer either(not that you said it was to be clear).

The reason is that there is no incentive to build affordable housing. As a builder if you have x amount of land it only makes sense to develop luxury housing because you get more money for the same amount of land. Like you point out because of mega-industries like Silicon Valley and Hollywood there are no shortage of well off people from around the country and world wanting to come to California's mega-cities so the demand for said luxury housing is basically endless. But the average joes get priced out.

So while I agree that there needs to be less red tape for builders we also have to find a way to incentivize the building of cheap housing for lower income Americans. I think that there needs to be less red tape in the building of tiny home, especially on preexisting single family lots, as well public mixed income apartments.

Yeah I agree. Deregulation isn't a silver bullet here, but it will help with incentivizing builders to build low income housing (as it stands, if you're going to pay X-dollars to have your plans approved, might as well make those plans for something higher-end so you can recoup the X-dollars spent getting them approved). But that would create more sprawl. And while that's fine, we still need low-income American's living and working in these city centers to provide essential services.

I couldn't imagine being a teacher in San Francisco, and living in San Francisco at the same time.

But it is a huge part of some of these equations .
Look at gun violence, if the US was mostly white, the crime rate would basically be like Canada. I think in a situation like gun control, that massively skews the conversation. But yeah just dismiss it all as racist... ....

Is the USA being mostly white an actual option to you?

Is the USA being mostly white an actual option to you?
No, did I say that? Is stating statistics that show certain data points the same as calling for an all white state? No, that's just your calling racism and not wishing to deal with the reality

No, did I say that? Is stating statistics that show certain data points the same as calling for an all white state? No, that's just your calling racism and not wishing to deal with the reality

Oh, well if we are discussing unrealistic scenarios, how about if we just had a lower crime rate? That seems like a much better fantasy situation.

I don't think you intentionally did this, but you've posted some seriously racist maps there. Back out the black population in those areas and see the results you get. Especially outside Mississippi.
Louisiana would still be pretty awful, regardless of race.

Oh, well if we are discussing unrealistic scenarios, how about if we just had a lower crime rate? That seems like a much better fantasy situation.
There are issues in the way of that. Unfortunately you can't just have low crime for free.
Though in the US there are huge areas with low crime. I didn't lock my door to my house for years as a kid. Never had to worry about crime. Was amazing

That’s not true. The areas that he drew attention to were poverty rate, life expectancy, and graduation rates.

Maryland is the 4th blackest state in the country (higher than Alabama), and Wyoming is the least black. Here’s how those areas stack up.

Maryland:
Black population: 32% (4th highest)
Rate below poverty: 9% (2nd lowest)
Graduation rate: 87%
Household income: $76,000 (ranked 1st)
Life expectancy: 78.8

Wyoming:
Black population: 1% (lowest)
Rate below poverty: 11.3% (ranked 19th)
Graduation rate: 79%
Household income: $60,000 (ranked 18th)
Life expectancy: 77.9

So Maryland is almost 1/3 black, but has a higher life expectancy, higher graduation rate, and lower poverty rate than Wyoming. It’s not about race, it’s about opportunity.

I grew up in MD, and not in a rich white area. Lol at you thinking black folk in MD are a supreme entity based on sweeping stats. There are plenty who have good government jobs but there are some real shitholes too. The town I grew up in looks closer to Mississippi these days.

I grew up in MD, and not in a rich white area. Lol at you thinking black folk in MD are a supreme entity based on sweeping stats. There are plenty who have good government jobs but there are some real shitholes too. The town I grew up in looks closer to Mississippi these days.

Like most posts I respond to, this includes a straw man. I obviously never said black folk are a "supreme entity" or anything remotely close to it. I simply pointed out that it's not as easy to pigeonhole black people as many posters on this board seem to think it is, and provided the evidence to support it.

What town did you grow up in?

184K a year sherbro. I wonder if they’d hire a white guy. Sign me up!
You'll be one guy shoveling the shit, per 5 administrators and their assistants (hired with an emphasis on diversity of course) doing the necessary paperwork.

If only Californians weren't.....living longer, experiencing less poverty, and attaining more education than the Republican South.

life-expectancy-united-states-4_b.png

xxbelow-poverty_28336945.png

educationmap2.jpg
“California is pretty good, therefore people don’t shit all over SanFransisco!”

You are not a lawyer, you are a pathetic idiot.

If you somehow ARE a lawyer, you are a lawyer who is a pathetic idiot.

You're too stupid to understand the argument I was responding to, which blamed liberal policy for San Francisco's problem which is the common problem of all Californian coastal cities: housing prices and lack of accommodation for the homeless.

You're also too stupid to have any concept of being an attorney, let alone a good one.

See you the next time you pop into a thread to screech at me.

He was responding to a series of posts that blamed the homeless issue in San Francisco on Liberals. I think his point was that, while San Francisco does have a homeless problem, the city and state as a whole also have some tremendous achievements and those achievements were being touted as his evidence that the result of the policies in place is not limited to simply creating a bunch of pooping homeless people.

I think people have this bad habit of being myopic when it comes to seeking something to criticize. It's the, "There are homeless people in the city, therefore the liberals ruined the city," approach. It's hacky and ridiculous. Those same posters would not look at a Red state, select one shortcoming or issue, and blame it on conservative policy.

In fact, that poster that Trotsky was responding to was double-yellow carded in this very thread because when he was faced with the question of, "If Liberal policies are so bad, why is the state so much more successful than a Red state like Alabama?" he responded by saying that Alabama has too many black people. Lol. Not the fault of conservative policy, it's just those black people.

He was responding to a series of posts that blamed the homeless issue in San Francisco on Liberals. I think his point was that, while San Francisco does have a homeless problem, the city and state as a whole also have some tremendous achievements and those achievements were being touted as his evidence that the result of the policies in place is not limited to simply creating a bunch of pooping homeless people.

I think people have this bad habit of being myopic when it comes to seeking something to criticize. It's the, "There are homeless people in the city, therefore the liberals ruined the city," approach. It's hacky and ridiculous. Those same posters would not look at a Red state, select one shortcoming or issue, and blame it on conservative policy.

In fact, that poster that Trotsky was responding to was double-yellow carded in this very thread because when he was faced with the question of, "If Liberal policies are so bad, why is the state so much more successful than a Red state like Alabama?" he responded by saying that Alabama has too many black people. Lol. Not the fault of conservative policy, it's just those black people.
You are a really good poster, even if I don’t always agree with you.

You're too stupid to understand the argument I was responding to, which blamed liberal policy for San Francisco's problem which is the common problem of all Californian coastal cities: housing prices and lack of accommodation for the homeless.

You're also too stupid to have any concept of being an attorney, let alone a good one.

See you the next time you pop into a thread to screech at me.
No, dummy. San Fran still isn’t California.
I very clearly saw the post you responded to. You’re drawing and defeating a comparison that TS never made.
You are an idiot.

Good lord. Of course you try to blame your shit policies on black people. It's not like the most productive cities in the country like New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Franscisco - the ones that subsidize rural red America - have giant black populations.

I'm still waiting for you brainiacs to point to what liberal policies are to blame in California. Is it the liberal policy of making life so good that everyone wants to live there so property prices skyrocket and the homeless cannot afford to find homes?

Is it the "liberal" policy of....not taxing the rich enough to provide assistance to the homeless/poor?

As far as I can tell, you guys are blaming the liberals here for being liberal enough to be wildly productive but not far left enough to accommodate the poor.
I am not blaming black people, I am saying they are a factor in why areas that have a large black population are poor. Or poorer than other areas.

I am from California, and I am a descendant from the first black or mulatto mayor of a town in the LA area. My family moved out, as California is hard to live in for the middle class. Sure, it's great for the poor and the wealthy, but the middle class is being squeezed out there. Which is very visible via the net migration of people from CA to other states.
How are onerous taxes, utility fees, and housing a good thing? Unaffordable housing isn't a bragging point, it's a deep problem that will impact CA in the future.
Look at Texas as a contrast. It's a large state blessed with a great deal of natural resources and climate. It's created a huge amount of the jobs since the recession. Yes oil, CA has tech, which is at this point a matter of legacy. Texas has affordable housing in comparison. Which makes being middle class there much more comfortable.
I'd say the NIMBY aspect, red tape and high taxes are the cause of CA's problems in general.

No, dummy. San Fran still isn’t California.
I very clearly saw the post you responded to. You’re drawing and defeating a comparison that TS never made.
You are an idiot.

I drew you a road map on the blatant issue and policy connections. Don't blame me that you can't read it.

Word man. Was in Maryland, but it was unreasonably safe

North Dakota is still stupid safe and about back down to the sub 1.0 (per 100,000) homicide rate it had prior to the Bakken shale boom. Only New Hampshire edges it there; hasn't been a "mass shooting" in over a quarter century.

Back