So UFC is wasting one of Cormier's last fights against Stipe?

Looks like all you need to do is cry on twitter for a year to get a TS.

It sets an example. It works. Many fighters will try to do the same and people here are supporting it, lol.
It's not that I dislike Stipe, he's a great guy and was a GREAT champion, that doesn't mean someone with 3 title-defenses who gets KTFO and then refuses to fight any contender for 10 months deserves an immediate rematch.

Edit:
And yes, it's an instant rematch for Stipe because it's the first fight Stipe has since getting finished.

Last edited:
Cain only beat like 2 elite level guys his entire career because he fought the same guys over and over again. DC is making the same stupid mistake at hw.

I don't even understand why Cormier just doesn't retire. He said he would retire by now and he obviously pushed it forward in the hopes of getting that Brock money but now he gets another fight with Stipe "I refuse to promote fights" Miocic.
You're acting like he'll be fighting Stipe for free.

Obviously it will be a fraction of the money, but DC doesn't just fight for cash, he actually enjoys competing.

Cain only beat like 2 elite level guys his entire career because he fought the same guys over and over again. DC is making the same stupid mistake at hw.
Good call, haven't thought about it like that before.

Just another reason why this fight fucking sucks. Nobody wants to see DC prove that it wasn't a fluke, it just wastes opportunities for different matchups. The UFC shouldn't condone this shit behaviour from Stipe. He should have been fighting to earn it. The JDS vs Ngannou winner should take the fight.

Good call, haven't thought about it like that before.

Just another reason why this fight fucking sucks. Nobody wants to see DC prove that it wasn't a fluke, it just wastes opportunities for different matchups. The UFC shouldn't this shit behaviour from Stipe. He should have been fighting to earn it.

100% agreed. Especially since Cormier has maybe 2 or 3 fights left and if Stipe wins then we gotta watch this a third time.
Fresh match-ups for Stipe and DC is the way to go, if Stipe refuses to fight then fuck him.

Didn't they learn from Cody vs TJ 2? Instant rematches fucking suck, especially if undeserved.
Stipe does not deserve a title-shot.

You mean the HW with the most defenses ever?

lol

You mean the HW with the most defenses ever?

lol
And Cody beat the beat Bantamweight of all time. Stipe's record defences isn't impressive. Brock fucking Lesnar held the record for a long time. Heavyweight is a russian roulette with tons of power.

DC by TKO round 1 again.

I would consider an instant rematch to be the next booked fight for both fighters, and soon after the first. It will be over a year between the first fight.

Champions often get rematches, and Stipe's resume should be reason for one.

Turns out Stipe may have been smart to sit out, rest up and get ready to open up a can of whoop ass.

Stipe deserves it but not even slightly interested in the fight. I would want to see Cormier against almost any other heavyweight, Cormier has 1 or 2 matches left, he could fight anyone then retire and Stipe could still be fighting for the title by the end of the year.

it doesn't make sense... I could understand it if their first fight was close but it was a 1st rd KO

I'd say do Jones 3 at HW, Reem, or JDS/Ngannou winner

If Jones wanted to fight D.C at HW the fight would have been already booked. The winner of JDS/Ngannou will be next in line, regardless. IMO

Stipe defended his title 3 times and this is the record at HW division ofcourse he deserves rematch idiot

No. He doesn’t. He got banged out in the 1st. If Stipe wants a rematch, he should get at least one win.

I would prefer Stipe vs. Jones for a shot at the heavyweight strap while DC fights the JDS/Ngannou winner.

No. He doesn’t. He got banged out in the 1st. If Stipe wants a rematch, he should get at least one win.

I would prefer Stipe vs. Jones for a shot at the heavyweight strap while DC fights someone else.
Stipe vs Jones??Lol you must be smoking some serious shit

I don't even understand why Cormier just doesn't retire. He said he would retire by now and he obviously pushed it forward in the hopes of getting that Brock money but now he gets another fight with Stipe "I refuse to promote fights" Miocic.

They're offering too much money to retire, he got $4million to fight Black Beast.

Who else is there? DC already said he wants nothing to do with Ngannou and would probably worm his way out of fighting Reem or JDS.

My guess is it's what DC wanted if Brock isn't going to happen. Regardless of when he was trying to justify Brock over Stipe in the media.

I actually think Stipe stuns DC in the rematch and makes him retire.

Back