Who else thinks Dustin has a chance??

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
More than likely Khabib will smash, but I have this weird feeling that Dustin will get mauled in the early rounds and wait till Khabib gets tired, and then start piecing him up near the end.

I'm not saying Poirier will win, but he has a good chance to maybe win the later rounds like 4 or 5, since we have seen Khabib get tired or at least slow down in the past.

More than likely Khabib will smash, but I have this weird feeling that Dustin will get mauled in the early rounds and wait till Khabib gets tired, and then start piecing him up near the end.

I'm not saying Poirier will win, but he has a good chance to maybe win the later rounds like 4 or 5, since we have seen Khabib get tired or at least slow down in the past.

He's going to force Khabib to keep it standing where he will panic and shoot out of desperation before being ko'ed

Dustin is an oddly savvy fighter. I'm trying to think of a comp, but I can't. He's very well rounded, dangerous in transition, has decent power, and is tough as nails. He's also incredibly smart and able to pick his spots to maximize his success. But he's not particularly impressive or slick in any one area. He's just a good solid well rounded fighter who is very smart.

I think Khabib will smesh him and do it easily, because guys with one overwhelming advantage can press that. But I wouldn't be shocked if we see him catch Khabib with a knee off a scramble or something

He has looked really good lately, he for sure has a chance. I see him as a 2-1 dog.

I think Dustin has very good shot of winning.

Look at the roll he is on. Hard to take anything away from that guy. If Khabib can't get takedowns early I think Dusin's chance of winning goes through the roof. I would assume Dustin's game plan is going to be all about keeping distance and establishing a nice jab.

About the same chance... he gets Michael Johnson'ed...

fight night
giphy.gif

Last edited:
He definitely has a chance.

That being said, he is NOT going to win by making Khabib tired.. Khabib has a superior fight IQ and I dont see him making careless mistakes like that

The reason we watch a Jon Jones fight is because we all know anyone can have a great night and land that one punch that ends his run.

Same for Khabib. Its like the exact reason most of us watch mma. Everyone is human.

The reason we watch a Jon Jones fight is because we all know anyone can have a great night and land that one punch that ends his run.

Same for Khabib. Its like the exact reason most of us watch mma. Everyone is human.
Khabib is a lot less proven than Jon Jones. Not saying Dustin should be a favorite or anything, but that's an apples to oranges comparison.

That kind of scenario of losing the first two or especially three rounds pretty much guarantees that Dustin would have to get a finish to win.

That seems like a pretty tall order considering Khabib has never been hurt before.

Of course he has a chance, but unless something of note happens in the meantime. Khabib will be my pick.

I wouldn't make any real predictions like "Khabib will .... by ....." or "Oh Dustin will destroy him"

I will say I think it'll be a pretty competitive fight. I dont know who wins, but I dont think Khabib runs through him like he has most. I think it has a lot of potential to be a real good fight.

He's one tough SOB but I don't see it happening. Unless Khabib went all Balboa during his year long promo tour and isn't ready for Dustin Lang.

Every Khabib fight has the same trajectory:

Sherdoggers talk up opponent saying he can beat Khabib even when he's at a massive stylistic disadvantage like Conor or Poirier
Khabib proceeds to win rather effortlessly
Rinse, repeat for next opponent

Been very impressed with Dustin lately but Khabib has chimpanzee wrestling and I really think the only real threat to him is Tony.

Back