DARK PHOENIX (First Critics Reviews; Tracking for $50 Million Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One website accidentally broke the reviewer embargo agreement and posted their review early and then quickly deleted it. They gave it a 1.5 out of 5.

Update: June 4, 2019

First Critics Reviews for DARK PHOENIX

YtgpN2m.jpg

m5IDgUi.jpg

mOKiMUN.jpg

Sophie and dude from Ready Player One weren't the problem at all. The movie overall was just bad. Apocalypse himself was a ludicrous bungling of an iconic villain. But there were other issues too. The character interactions, the plotting, the pacing.

Agreed.

To simplify how badass Apocalypse is in the comic universe to those who are unfamiliar with it, this is the perfect comparison -

Apocalypse to the X-Men (in the comics) is what Thantos is to the Avengers (in the MCU).

And Fox fucked up all that potential for an epic X-Men movie.

Still looking forward to the Dark Phoenix.

Wow, even the critics that 'liked' it are grasping at straws to justify why.

Translation - Its better than 'Apocalypse.'

What a high standard.

mOKiMUN.jpg

This doesn't even make sense. Since he's mentioning Sophie Turner, that must mean her performance is the best aspect of the entire movie.

For those that have seen Apocalypse, I repeat - this critic says Sophie Turner's performance is the best aspect of the entire movie.

wow this is supposed to be worse than last stand how did they drop the ball after first class,deadpool and logan.

You could easily tell from the trailers that this was going to suck. It was obvious. It looked like a bunch of millennials not knowing how to look like serious people/actors. There was no way this was going to be very good. Damn they should have stopped at DOFP.

Im actually glad when I get to skip these sometimes. As I said before, I didn't plan on seeing this unless it has shockingly good reviews.

wow this is supposed to be worse than last stand how did they drop the ball after first class,deadpool and logan.
The trailers made it look much worse. The last stand wasn't that terrible, everybody just hated on it because it ruined a couple beloved characters.. Understandably.

Hard time believing Sophie Turner is the best part when there's James Mcavoy & Fassbender. She was super cheesy with her scenes from the trailers. If she is indeed the best part, no wonder it's at 16%.

The trailers made it look much worse. The last stand wasn't that terrible, everybody just hated on it because it ruined a couple beloved characters.. Understandably.
I actually liked last stand but it was worse than the first two films but better than apocalypse and supposedly dark phoenix.

lol jeremy jahns said it was worse than wolverine origins lmao.

Previews look like shit.

Turns out the movie more than likely is shit.

Shocker.

I actually liked last stand but it was worse than the first two films but better than apocalypse and supposedly dark phoenix.
Yeah it wasn't that bad. They just trashed juggernaut and even the Phoenix herself. If you want to know how bad that can annoy people, see 'origins.'

lol jeremy jahns said it was worse than wolverine origins lmao.
That's very easy to believe. Origins just had too many character mistakes/misrepresentations.. Other than that, it was decent. Being that they have fixed deadpool, its not nearly as bad. Deadpool even paid homage to origins, and showed it could just be a slightly different timeline, when the main baddie in 1 told Wade he was going to sew his mouth shut.

No way this makes 50 million
X-Men fans + People who think it’s a MCU movie (yep they’re still out there) + bored people who watch everything + people who like to shit on movies + GoT fans + Fans of redheads.

It’s possible. Not very probable after the reviews. But possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back