DARK PHOENIX (First Critics Reviews; Tracking for $50 Million Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if they had waited to see Infinity War before make that horrible Apocalypse movie... Taken notes and adjusted Apocalypse to be as big and intimidating like Thanos... How much cooler would that movie have been??.. That script still sucked though but at least the character would have looked as powerful as the comic book version...

Really I think this was a case of going down the "CGI bad conventional FX good" path much too far resulting in a less intimdating character and indeed a worse performance under so much makeup.

Why do people like DOFP so much? I’m watching it right now on TV and the 2nd half is terrible. Only scene I remember liking is the Quicksilver one. And Wolverine popping the water bed.

When I first saw it in theaters, I gave it a 9.5/10.

Best X-Men film since X2.

Now that a few years have passed and I recently rewatched it, something stuck out to me like a sore thumb.

Logan is 'sent back through time' and makes contact with Xavier, and is completely irrelevant to the plotline from then onwards. Even in the fight scenes he's a non-factor, and it illustrates how weak he was prior to his adamantium.

And the finale is weird, with all the quick-cuts between what was happening during the 70s and future. Isn't what was happening in the 70s having an effect on the future? Didn't see the point why 'future Logan' psychic connection with 70s Logan was relevant for the finale.

But, when my brain was turned off for the first viewing in the theaters, I had a kickass time. Some of the most fun I've had watching a comic book film.

Now, I'd say it was a 8.0, rather than a 9.0.

All issues aside, that finale was epic.

Really I think this was a case of going down the "CGI bad conventional FX good" path much too far resulting in a less intimdating character and indeed a worse performance under so much makeup.

More like 'We don't want to spend the money.'

X-Men 1st Class and DOTFP were quite profitable, but Fox still loved cutting corners when it came to CGI budgets.

Budgets & Worldwide Gross of the last decade of X-Men films -

1st Class
B: $140-$160 Million
WG: $353 Million

Pretty good, considering audiences weren't completely sold on an X-Men 'Reboot/Prequel' with an all-new cast and no Wolverine.

Days of The Future Past
B: $205 Million
WG: $747 Million

The combination of the new and old casts returning was a BIG factor in the overall success as the #1 most profitable X-Men film.

Apocalypse
B: $178 Million
WG: $543 Million

Well, it didn't flop, although it deserved to. It probably did as well as it did based on the goodwill DOTFP created and the hype of one of X-Men's biggest villains being adapted to the big screen.

We'll see how Dark Phoenix compares, financially.

It shouldn't be hard to make an X-men film

Come the fuck on

Second chance at the Dark Phoenix storyline and somehow its worse than the first attempt

Ill probably illegally pirate this and not pay attention while watching

What do they expect when they cast an ugly actress as Dark Phoenix?

5/10

Bad , Boring and uninspired. X-Men Fox Era goes out with a whimper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back