DARK PHOENIX (First Critics Reviews; Tracking for $50 Million Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Last Stand had some redeeming aspects for sure. It's subpar but I liked it better than Apocalypse and X-Men Origins.

The Wolverine is a dull dud in my opinion. I know some people really like the more introspective type of film and the fact that it had a different vibe to it than the other movies but I just find it plodding and unexciting. I think Mangold is a great director: 3:10 to Yuma, Copland, Walk the Line, and Logan being among his best. But I just can't get on board with that one at all.

I think I'd go:

X2
DOFP
Logan
First Class
Deadpool
Deadpool 2

X-Men
The Wolverine
The Last Stand

Apocalypse
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Origins way, way better than apocalypse.

wrwrbjyn6ogig6mwfq6m.png
Yeah, this alone was enough to justify my absence at the theater.

damn, 18%...

I might go see it anyway. Or go see endgame for the 4th time in 3D

damn, 18%...

I might go see it anyway. Or go see endgame for the 4th time in 3D
The Fantastic Four movies have some competition for the worst reviewed marvel movies. Will we see leaked stories of cocaine binges like in the Fantastic Four set

Origins way, way better than apocalypse.

I'd have to give it another look. I remember really disliking it about a decade ago and haven't watched it since. But Liev alone probably puts it over Apocalypse.

It's like they never learned anything from the marvel movies blueprint and instead copied fan4stic's blueprint

It's like they never learned anything from the marvel movies blueprint and instead copied fan4stic's blueprint

Honestly they had a pretty sound blueprint of their own from First Class and Days of Future Past but like the DCEU seemed to become obsessed with chasing the MCU pushing constantly towards grand plats without much setup.

Honestly they had a pretty sound blueprint of their own from First Class and Days of Future Past but like the DCEU seemed to become obsessed with chasing the MCU pushing constantly towards grand plats without much setup.

What happened was promoting Jennifer Lawrence because she got famous after First Class and Fox had to adjust all their scripts around Mystic which was mystifyingly stupid. She's not an X-Men traditionally and that annoyed a lot of fans (myself included). The cracks appeared with Days of Future Past. Had they let her go back to being a villain and concentrated on building the X-Men roster properly then it could have worked. But NoooOOOooOO they decided to make her a super heroine and my response was:

<{clintugh}>

Imagine if they had waited to see Infinity War before make that horrible Apocalypse movie... Taken notes and adjusted Apocalypse to be as big and intimidating like Thanos... How much cooler would that movie have been??.. That script still sucked though but at least the character would have looked as powerful as the comic book version...

I think Night crawlers opening in X2 destroys pretty much every movie opening period it was just so well done and showed how powerful his character is. Blade 1 and 2 is hard for me to choose but I think overall Blade 2 was better but only just by a little.
It's a good opening.

Guardians 1 is my favorite. Set the tone for the marvel universe since that time.

Imagine if they had waited to see Infinity War before make that horrible Apocalypse movie... Taken notes and adjusted Apocalypse to be as big and intimidating like Thanos... How much cooler would that movie have been??.. That script still sucked though but at least the character would have looked as powerful as the comic book version...

Thanos was already in 2 Avengers movies before AoA, Fox just sucked, lacked imagination and taste.
They used the same fucking cheap ass wheelchair for Xavier for 12 movies. Their Sentinels looks like Dyson vacuum cleaners.
There are some great scenes in the franchise, but none of the movies really hold up. I can't even imagine how amazing they could have been with guys like the Russo Bros manning the ship. And not because I can't imagine it, but because it would be too painful.
giphy.gif

Thanos was already in 2 Avengers movies before AoA, Fox just sucked, lacked imagination and taste.
They used the same fucking cheap ass wheelchair for Xavier for 12 movies. Their Sentinels looks like Dyson vacuum cleaners.
There are some great scenes in the franchise, but none of the movies really hold up. I can't even imagine how amazing they could have been with guys like the Russo Bros manning the ship. And not because I can't imagine it, but because it would be too painful.
giphy.gif

Watching snippets of Thanos appear here in there is totally different from seeing Thanos in action. They should have done what Marvel did with Thanos and used CGI instead of makeup to create Apocalypse.

But I agree about Fox just plain sucking. They simply cannot make a good Marvel movie on a consistent basis. None of the X-Men movies aged well (besides First Class) IMO. I also ashamedly kinda like the first Fantastic Four movie purely because of Jessica Alba but the 2nd one was so bad even she couldn't save it.

Why do people like DOFP so much? I’m watching it right now on TV and the 2nd half is terrible. Only scene I remember liking is the Quicksilver one. And Wolverine popping the water bed.

Why do people like DOFP so much? I’m watching it right now on TV and the 2nd half is terrible. Only scene I remember liking is the Quicksilver one. And Wolverine popping the water bed.
The Sentinels killing the X-Men in the beginning is kind of cool, too, but yeah its not good. I liked it when I saw it based on some cool imagery, but yeah

Someone said Jeremy Jahns said its worse than Wolverine Origins, so I checked out the review.

He literally says its worse than Wolverine Origins.... and Apocalypse... And its the WORST X-Men movie.

"I would rather rewatch any other X-Men movie than this one."

Chris Stuckman (who I usually consider reliable) gave it a 'C' rating.

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back