• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DARK PHOENIX (First Critics Reviews; Tracking for $50 Million Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i love x-men, but i'll wait for this to come out for rent. looking forward to mcu eventually doing the x-men properly, but if it's much further down the line that's fine.

Wow...

Just wow...

I seriously have no words as to how amazingly stupid this is.

Its like Hollywood's politics are similar to Washington's how people failures get them promoted.

I suspect a big qualifier for Hollywood is "do they do what there told and get the work done on time?"

I think you see it again and again in recent years that blockbusters are brought down by cluttered poorly formed scripts that feel like they could have used a rewrite or five. Starwars especially seems guilty of this besides Rogue One where it does sound like Gilroy's involvement was to clean up and simplify story.

Game of Thrones actors really don't seem to have much luck with lead blockbuster roles do they? Genisys, Pompei and now this.

I suspect a big qualifier for Hollywood is "do they do what there told and get the work done on time?"

I think you see it again and again in recent years that blockbusters are brought down by cluttered poorly formed scripts that feel like they could have used a rewrite or five. Starwars especially seems guilty of this besides Rogue One where it does sound like Gilroy's involvement was to clean up and simplify story.

Game of Thrones actors really don't seem to have much luck with lead blockbuster roles do they? Genisys, Pompei and now this.

Its funny you mention Star Wars, Genisys, and GoT, because last week it was announced the screenwriter for the GoT producers first Star Wars movie was a screenwriter for Genisys.

Ironically, going by the reviews posted here, Turner is one of the few redeeming features of this dumpster fire:rolleyes:

Ironically, going by the reviews posted here, Turner is one of the few redeeming features of this dumpster fire:rolleyes:

And in my opinion she's terrible, just terrible. One of the worst actors in Game of Thrones.

And in my opinion she's terrible, just terrible. One of the worst actors in Game of Thrones.

Honestly to me I felt she worked very well earlier in the show as the "suffering princess" but didn't think she was quite as effective as the worldly wise politician.

I did find it amusing when the woman with the Thames valley accent tells Geordie Davos that he "doesn't understand the north".

Update: June 4, 2019

First Critics Reviews for DARK PHOENIX

YtgpN2m.jpg

m5IDgUi.jpg

mOKiMUN.jpg

Fucking huge LOL at the words Sophie Turner and "radiant screen presence" in the same sentence <45>

The screenwriter and director also wrote the script for Xmen Last Stand.

Question is why would you give him another shot.. hey you had your chance let others try.

Screwing up 2 times the same story I mean this should make anyone pass on you going forward.

Someone said Jeremy Jahns said its worse than Wolverine Origins, so I checked out the review.

He literally says its worse than Wolverine Origins.... and Apocalypse... And its the WORST X-Men movie.

"I would rather rewatch any other X-Men movie than this one."

Chris Stuckman (who I usually consider reliable) gave it a 'C' rating.

Maybe a tad harsh.. she isn't terrible in my book she is just average and goes more on looks/presence.

Thing is I think this movie was filmed 2 years ago so we already saw her capabilities from filming of last year so it won't surprise us that she got better or something like that, nope same tool bag.

Just watched it
Lol as I knew it would be, it is terrible.
There aren't even any memorable cool seems to make it worth the watch.

These are not the Xmen. It isn't Jean Grey, or Cyclops, or Storm. It's just people with their powers and names. They have no character or personality. They are just cogs in a machine.

Total nonsense plot. Unimaginative, corny ass CGI fight scenes. Predictable, boring villains. I feel like I've already watched some version of this movie 4 times already.

And then some of the creative choices they went with are just baffling. You have the entire, EXTENSIVE list of Marvel mutants to choose from and they've spent how many movies and time now on people like Mystique?
Lol and MYSTIQUE, not Cyclops, is the LEADER of the Xmen? This is like had they made Loki the leader of the Avengers.

And of all the henchmen they could have given Magneto, they give him some random shaved pretty lesbo lookin chick, and a guy that has mutant dreadlocks.
I dont even know how to rank this movie.
Piles of shit are piles of shit.
2/10

Thank God their bastardization finally comes to an end.

Someone said Jeremy Jahns said its worse than Wolverine Origins, so I checked out the review.

He literally says its worse than Wolverine Origins.... and Apocalypse... And its the WORST X-Men movie.

"I would rather rewatch any other X-Men movie than this one."

Chris Stuckman (who I usually consider reliable) gave it a 'C' rating.

I can never vibe with this guy.. I get nothing from him big 0, no idea how he has such a big fallowing.

Stuckman can be miss for me sometimes too but he at least has a little something in him that I value.

Just watched it

These are not the Xmen. It isn't Jean Grey, or Cyclops, or Storm. It's just people with their powers and names. They have no character or personality. They are just cogs in a machine.

Total nonsense plot. Unimaginative, corny ass CGI fight scenes. Predictable, boring villains. I feel like I've already watched some version of this movie 4 times already.

And then some of the creative choices they went with are just baffling. You have the entire, EXTENSIVE list of Marvel mutants to choose from and they've spent how many movies and time now on people like Mystique?
Lol and MYSTIQUE, not Cyclops, is the LEADER of the Xmen? This is like had they made Loki the leader of the Avengers.

And of all the henchmen they could have given Magneto, they give him some random shaved pretty lesbo lookin chick, and a guy that has mutant dreadlocks.
2/10

Any cool set pieces / action scenes for that 200 million budget at least ? some QuickSilver taste of greatness ?

Ish 2 out of 10 damn.. you people are hard on this scores huh.

I thought Emilia Clarke did quite well in Solo and that it was a very entertaining movie. But it fits the bill too as it was the only Star Wars film that was a box office failure.

Just watched it

2/10

Does it have a 'this is the end of the X-Men' ending, or does it leave it open for another sequel of the Fox series?

I thought Emilia Clarke did quite well in Solo and that it was a very entertaining movie. But it fits the bill too as it was the only Star Wars film that was a box office failure.

Started off dodgy but was fine after the flash forward, don't think its really due to a lack of ability but perhaps films that sense they might be in a bit of trouble appeal wise look for GOT actors as a bit of cheaper star power? cheaper than hiring someone like Scarjo anyway.

Just watched it

2/10

I don't know which movie received the lowest ever score out of 10 from @Dragonlordxxxxx , but this might take the title:eek:

Um no. Although killing off ProfX, Cyclopse (off-screen), and Jean Grey were some of the worst complaints, that doesn't mean the others were minimal.

And, much like Dany in GoT suddenly went from 'liberate the people of Kings Landing' to 'burn all the innocent women and children!' - its not that they killed ProfX, Cyclops, and Jean Grey its how they killed them off.

The other main complaints were...

The directing was mediocre, at best.

The script had numerous issues, including the pacing.

And overall, it seemed like much of it was a phoned in sequel, especially when compared to the first two.

I'm serious when I say that if X3 was up to the quality of its predecessors, today X1-X3 would be one of the most loved trilogies ever.

Yeah those are also valid complaints.

I haven't missed a single Xmen movie since they started making them. Sadly, this is no longer the case. I have absolutely no desire to see this movie, not even for Quicksilver scenes.
I waited to watch Apocalypse on Netflix, and regretted even that. I will probably watch this eventually for completeness but they're not getting any of my money for it.

I don't see it making much money. Bad word of mouth and there's only so much shine GoT and MCU can throw on a turd.

Well they truly did accomplish something great! To make a movie worse than Last Stand AND Origins. That’s like a sci fi director making a movie worse than Battlefield Earth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back