Robbie Lawler says Anderson Silva is the GOAT

I think years from now Silva will get a lot of respect back. It’s a tough time being a Spider fan. Can’t win a fight and failed multiple drug tests. But we will look back on him with some incredible nostalgia and I think most will write off his late career losses.
May I add: People held expectancy of Silva at his 40s be as slick as he was in his 30s.

Now we know he just want to fight, proof of that being fighting against DC on short notice, and still DC being a bitch over it.

No. GSP didnt take enough risks to be part of the GOAT discussion. I'll put a guy with more losses in the discussion if I think their skillset was higher and they took risks.
Skillset to me is more subjective. I think that's more "best" fighter not Goat. I'll give it to the fighter I think has the better resume. (I know. Also subjective)

No. GSP didnt take enough risks to be part of the GOAT discussion. I'll put a guy with more losses in the discussion if I think their skillset was higher and they took risks.
And yet GSP is pretty unanimously considered the GOAT by a majority MMA sports analysts, sports analytic ranking sites that use only objective criteria and forum posters like on sherdog.

But a few derp sherdog poster haters keep declaring as if fact GSP is not in the discussion because they should be listened to and no one else. FLOL.

To the TS, of course both Anderson and Jones deserve to be in the debate for GOAT if you exclude being busted for PED's. Many do not exclude that but many more do, which is fine.

Gsp had a streak of 8/10 decisions in a row at the end.

One of those was Penn quitting after round 4.
And what does that mean? I guess you say Anderson finishes = Greatest
GSP was beating every different style in different ways.
Anderson lost when he fought a well rounded wrestler. He almost lost to a one dimensional wreslter in Sonnen. Finishes doesn't automatically make you the greatest. It can mean you are fighting perfect style matchups or lower level competition. Connor was blasting BWs and FWs at 145 but as soon as he faced non hand picked guys his own size he didn't look the same.

And yet GSP is pretty unanimously considered the GOAT by a majority MMA sports analysts, sports analytic ranking sites that use only objective criteria and forum posters like on sherdog.

But a few derp sherdog poster haters keep declaring as if fact GSP is not in the discussion because they should be listened to and no one else. FLOL.

To the TS, of course both Anderson and Jones deserve to be in the debate for GOAT if you exclude being busted for PED's. Many do not exclude that but many more do, which is fine.

The only people that think GSP is a goat are Canadians. He's not even WW goat. Matt Hughes is!!! Hughes demolished his opponents and finished them!!! GSP is nothing more than a great wrestler. If Hughes stopped fighting at the same age as GSP their records would be very comparable with the exception of finishes where Matt would have 3x the stoppages! GSP was in the next generation of fighters and while he was very talented and well rounded he was to afraid to use those talents! He fought mostly the earlier generation guys that were past their prime or much smaller than him. He never really fought a well rounded fighter that could compete today! Extremely overrated and boring. He should've just been a wrestler. If your criteria for goat is who would win a fight if you lock everyone in their primes? He can't be goat as he would get destroyed by today's well rounded fighter! If your criteria is who dominated their opposition? Then he can't be goat because he couldn't finish anyone!!! He had to cheat to beat BJ a guy much smaller than him! If your goat criteria is about excitement, heart and determination? He can't be goat as the guy quit in both of his losses. He tapped to strikes to a lightweight in his prime! The bottom line is he CAN'T be the goat! He may be the goat wrestler, game planner but that's it!

The only people that think GSP is a goat are Canadians. He's not even WW goat. Matt Hughes is!!! Hughes demolished his opponents and finished them!!! GSP is nothing more than a great wrestler. If Hughes stopped fighting at the same age as GSP their records would be very comparable with the exception of finishes where Matt would have 3x the stoppages! GSP was in the next generation of fighters and while he was very talented and well rounded he was to afraid to use those talents! He fought mostly the earlier generation guys that were past their prime or much smaller than him. He never really fought a well rounded fighter that could compete today! Extremely overrated and boring. He should've just been a wrestler. If your criteria for goat is who would win a fight if you lock everyone in their primes? He can't be goat as he would get destroyed by today's well rounded fighter! If your criteria is who dominated their opposition? Then he can't be goat because he couldn't finish anyone!!! He had to cheat to beat BJ a guy much smaller than him! If your goat criteria is about excitement, heart and determination? He can't be goat as the guy quit in both of his losses. He tapped to strikes to a lightweight in his prime! The bottom line is he CAN'T be the goat! He may be the goat wrestler, game planner but that's it!

He's not the GOAT for a bunch of reasons but I don't think Hughes is even in the top 2-3 170 fighters of all time.

GSP. He left on top, came back and won again, avenged both of his only losses. Silva definitely is a close second, then Fedor.

GSP was beating every different style in different ways.
Anderson lost when he fought a well rounded wrestler. He almost lost to a one dimensional wreslter in Sonnen. Finishes doesn't automatically make you the greatest. It can mean you are fighting perfect style matchups or lower level competition. Connor was blasting BWs and FWs at 145 but as soon as he faced non hand picked guys his own size he didn't look the same.

Hey buddy when you are done wiping GSP's cumshot out of your eyes, go look at GSP's opponents and then apologize! Yes it matters if you finish your opponent! It's a fight!!! Every one of his opponents had serious weaknesses and he was able to exploit them. Most of his opponents were smaller than him that were wrestlers and he was able to out wrestle them. Then there was a couple like Hughes, Koschek & Fitch who were great wrestlers so he jabbed and superman punched his way to boring decisions. The only real striker he faced was Condit who was a horrible wrestler! He also outstruck Jake Shields who couldn't stop a scrub on Bully Beatdown! He was also afraid of Anderson so you should show him a little bit more respect!

He's not the GOAT for a bunch of reasons but I don't think Hughes is even in the top 2-3 170 fighters of all time.

Wow! You should stick with Soccer! What is your criteria for goat? Whatever it is, it's wrong!!!

Robbie got gift decisions against not just Hendricks but Condit as well.

I don't really know how that proves hes wrong, but I'm just gonna throw it out there and say he is indeed wrong.

I think you are probably confusing skill level with historic significance/dominance

skill for skill, compared to current day guys hes not even in the top 10 or 15. But if you go by resume, what they accomplished during THEIR ERA, he's only behind GSP.

The GOAT is either GSP or Jones. Jon can surpass GSP and also GSP can still fight so the race might be close for a while.

Jones is shit. and is bigger longer and stronger than everyone he fights. Sandbagging bullshit. Guy is a fucking bore.
Are you going to discredit every great fighter in attempt to convince everyone of Fedors greatness?

GSP
5ca767b60dc91.jpeg

Back