• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stranger Things Season 3 (Premieres July 4)

D_KlPrPXkAAYcwn.jpg
Low budget Eggsy

This season was filled with super obvious tropes and cliches. I know that 80s nostalgia is the point, but it became annoying. And I love 80s nostalgia.

All the characters were very incompetent. Hopper and Joyce were throwing car keys into the woods, wtf.
The relationship stuff was pushy, so much bickering. Hopper became a douche.

The kids just being kids is when this show shines. At least their stupid dialogue and relationship stuff makes sense, they are children. But Hopper and Joyce, my god.

Also, apparently Mike and Nancy's mom is a whore.

Will was there to say "he's here" every episode, and be the Maybe or maybe not gay character.

I do think it's funny how the whole first season was about finding this kid, and now nobody gives a shit about him.

He sort of has the "O'Brien must suffer" trope, for star trek fans. Will must suffer, even if he hasn't done anything.
Ahh yeah I see what you mean. Def a bullshit trope.

Wills not gay

He just wants to be a kid..play games..and enjoy what childhood he has left.

Lucas and mike are too busy chasing pussy and forget what will went through

Erica is Jar Jar Binks. She's meant to be funny but really she's just loud and useless. Kill her off between seasons.

Mike turned into a shithead and spent the whole season screaming and being obnoxious.

Hopper became a fat moron.

I'm glad Billy died. Douchey skank. The thing with Mike's mom had no point and was creepy.

The writers said season 4 will be very different, which is good. Things need to get back on track as far as quality.

The writers said season 4 will be very different, which is good. Things need to get back on track as far as quality.

This is good. I hope they do what I want them to. Which is recast everyone as adults and do a sort of IT ripoff. Do one last fight against the Shadow and just end it all.

This is good. I hope they do what I want them to. Which is recast everyone as adults and do a sort of IT ripoff. Do one last fight against the Shadow and just end it all.
Its gonna be different because theyre all.spread out now

Byers gang and eleven moved out of Hawkins...scoop troop is now the video store gang.. Hopper is allegedly in russia

So the universe is getting bigger and might go to a 5th season

Its gonna be different because theyre all.spread out now

Byers gang and eleven moved out of Hawkins...scoop troop is now the video store gang.. Hopper is allegedly in russia

So the universe is getting bigger and might go to a 5th season

Hopper will find evidence of Trump/Russia collusion

I just finished the third season. I think it was on par with the first but just very different. I loved all the humor and the interactions between all the actors. Hopper was not a puss like a lot of people keep saying. He was a total bad ass in this show. This whole thing was really good and all the 80's nostalgia can just keep getting poured on as far as Im concerned.

I would re-watch this season over any of the others for sheer fun factor.

I just finished the third season. I think it was on par with the first but just very different. I loved all the humor and the interactions between all the actors. Hopper was not a puss like a lot of people keep saying. He was a total bad ass in this show. This whole thing was really good and all the 80's nostalgia can just keep getting poured on as far as Im concerned.

I would re-watch this season over any of the others for sheer fun factor.
Hopper wasn't a puss, but he was an idiot. In the previous seasons he was a very competent, gruff cop. This season he turned into a dumb, loud dope.

Stranger Things season 3 was as bad as the 1st season was good. Just horrible. And all the cute kid swearing in the world can't make up for a shit script, and just making a show 'darker' doesn't equal better.

Stranger Things S3 was one of the worse TV series I have ever made myself sit through.

S01 9/10
S02 8/10
S03 5/10, a shitty parody of the first two seasons.

Someone who gets it. That is exactly what I said after half way through S3. It reminds me of those B movie knock-offs that come out after a really successful film. I don't mean production quality, just mainly script and plotting. Season 3 had no real center, no meaningful glue holding it together, just a collage of tropes and cut and pastes from season 1 and 2. Notice that they tried to make up for this by adding gratuitous kid swearing and making it 'darker'. But like I said in a former comment, while I always welcome making something darker, that doesn't by itself equal better.

I just finished it. I enjoyed it but was very annoyed at some parts. Better than season 2 but season 1 is still the best. I could not stand the idiotic bickering some characters were doing while in the middle of urgent life and death situations. It killed the suspension of disbelief for me. I felt season 1 was more "realistic" in the context of the show's universe. In this season, the kids are worrying about their girlfriend issues even though they're dealing with Soviet spies and literal monsters. All the relationship drama was retarded and forced, especially between Hopper and Joyce. I felt like some of the comedy and romance drama did not fit the gruesome horror elements of the show. It wasn't blended well together.

Why is Hopper suddenly a total idiot.

It's funny how the Russians somehow infiltrated an entire army of soldiers and scientists without anyone knowing and they still wear their Soviet uniforms in the US.

I hope they explore more of the upside down. In season 1 I thought it was supposed to be an allegory of the cold war. Perhaps a post nuclear war world?

I wanted to punch Susie when she and Dustin were singing that duet.

Luca's little sister was handling it pretty well despite being a little girl dealing with Soviet spies, people dying, and monsters.

Nancy can sure handle firearms pretty well despite having no training.

I hate how in movies the villains always kill off minor characters instantly but they deliberate more and prefer to smack around important characters instead of just killing them.

Stranger Things season 3 was as bad as the 1st season was good. Just horrible. And all the cute kid swearing in the world can't make up for a shit script, and just making a show 'darker' doesn't equal better.

Stranger Things S3 was one of the worse TV series I have ever made myself sit through.
I thought season 1 was darker. I hated the forced comedy and romance drama in this season. Despite having people melt into monsters, this season didn't feel very dark to me.

Mild crush on robin

She cute
She is. Nice big blue eyes.

But I was more mesmerized by Heather. The actress is absolutely gorgeous.

I just finished it. I enjoyed it but was very annoyed at some parts. Better than season 2 but season 1 is still the best. I could not stand the idiotic bickering some characters were doing while in the middle of urgent life and death situations. It killed the suspension of disbelief for me. I felt season 1 was more "realistic" in the context of the show's universe. In this season, the kids are worrying about their girlfriend issues even though they're dealing with Soviet spies and literal monsters. All the relationship drama was retarded and forced, especially between Hopper and Joyce. I felt like some of the comedy and romance drama did not fit the gruesome horror elements of the show. It wasn't blended well together.

Why is Hopper suddenly a total idiot.

It's funny how the Russians somehow infiltrated an entire army of soldiers and scientists without anyone knowing and they still wear their Soviet uniforms in the US.

I hope they explore more of the upside down. In season 1 I thought it was supposed to be an allegory of the cold war. Perhaps a post nuclear war world?

I wanted to punch Susie when she and Dustin were singing that duet.

Luca's little sister was handling it pretty well despite being a little girl dealing with Soviet spies, people dying, and monsters.

Nancy can sure handle firearms pretty well despite having no training.

I hate how in movies the villains always kill off minor characters instantly but they deliberate more and prefer to smack around important characters instead of just killing them.

I thought season 1 was darker. I hated the forced comedy and romance drama in this season. Despite having people melt into monsters, this season didn't feel very dark to me.

She is. Nice big blue eyes.

But I was more mesmerized by Heather. The actress is absolutely gorgeous.
Meh

Heather seems basic, just like every other girl. Don't need any more of that

Robin was cute cuz of her vibe, energy, voice. You can tell she's different, which is obviously reflective of the actress herself. I prob just have a bit of a crush on maya Hawke lol, she got those eyes

Appearance ain't everything bro. Maybe it is at first, but eventually we all start looking at the whole package. Not that she doesn't still need to be hot ofc

Erica is Jar Jar Binks. She's meant to be funny but really she's just loud and useless. Kill her off between seasons.

Mike turned into a shithead and spent the whole season screaming and being obnoxious.

Hopper became a fat moron.

I'm glad Billy died. Douchey skank. The thing with Mike's mom had no point and was creepy.

Dont know what you are talking about. This season was far superior to last.

Back