• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stranger Things Season 3 (Premieres July 4)

Its kind of like it left an "appendage" behind when it was closed in season 2. So theres a part of it in Hawkins, but its dormant. When the Russians sweet talked the vagina into being opened again with their drill, it revived the dormant appendage which started luring the rats, etc.

So once the vagina closed again, the connection is cut off once more. But this time it was a much bigger appendage. So I feel like the "real" Mind Flayer hasnt actually been in Hawkins yet. Just remote pieces.

That makes a lot of sense. I guess I just missed it! Thanks for putting it together for me. lmao

Why Will keep on touching his neck and why nothing came out of it? Would have liked Dr Pimple Popper cameo and take care of that shit. Who's with me?

I want to see Dr. Venkman do a lie tester on the kids during a post credits scene where they are trying to expose their story to the media.

Just finished season 3
Thought it was really good, way better than that garbage ass season 2
So glad they dropped the X-men crap and went back to what made the show special in season 1
Im sure its already been talked about a lot in the thread but it was obvious Hopper isnt dead even before the post credits scene when they didnt show him exploding when everyone else did, the post credits scene just hit you over the head with it to make sure you knew

Just finished it

Really fucking good

Best season yet imo

Season 2 was trash but they stepped it up HARD for this one

lmao this show smashed it on netflix records.

i felt the first two seasons were better though.

This show is a juggernaut. Netflix's Game of Thrones. A lot of these kids are going to end up being stars in their own right. All of them are extremely charismatic except for Nancy, Will and his brother- those kids have been dragging every scene they're in since season 1. The Scoops Troop in particular had amazing chemistry.
sub-buzz-157-1562612093-1.jpg

Especially Erica. That took me by surprise. She stole every scene she's in.

I also think Hopper is alive and was taken by the Trumps, I mean, Russians. Dunno if that has been discussed.
I agree, and I think they should have hinted at his capture in the Siberian prison. Would have been a great cliffhanger.

I am getting tired of this cock teasing though. Show doesn’t want to commit and answer some damn questions.

They just want to keep shit safe and maximize their demographic. Can see shit going the walking dead route fast. Shit both shows had a fan base that threw a fit when some fat dyke looking bitch died.
There are no answers. How many times must we go through with this with serialized "mystery" series? They dangle the carrot to keep you coming back. Revealing everything dramatically lowers the quality of the show. I thought they revealed too much of the monster in the first season. Ruins the suspense and fear.

Yea humor was to much. Also that little black girl...I might be out if she's a regular. She was fucking annoying. The attitude was fun in short burst at the ice cream stand. Having her talk like that to everyone for the rest of the season though got annoying real fast.
giphy.gif

This show is a juggernaut. Netflix's Game of Thrones. A lot of these kids are going to end up being stars in their own right. All of them are extremely charismatic except for Nancy, Will and his brother- those kids have been dragging every scene they're in since season 1. The Scoops Troop in particular had amazing chemistry.

I agree, and I think they should have hinted at his capture in the Siberian prison. Would have been a great cliffhanger.

They did, mentioning "The American". Some others have commented that he also could have entered the other dimension or whatever. That could be a neat plot angle as well.

Erica was pretty good. I don't get the hate. It would make sense she is smart and capable of witty comments, since her older brother is Lucas. He is a nerd, and younger siblings often look up to their elders. I just think it was weird that Dustin and her had no real back chemistry, since they likely had several interactions, him being a really good friend with her bother.

My main complaints are just minor character developments and interactions like that. Like why didn't Dustin and Will chill, if Lucas and Mike are blocking them off... those guys were friends. But they had no on screen interaction together lol.

This season was filled with super obvious tropes and cliches. I know that 80s nostalgia is the point, but it became annoying. And I love 80s nostalgia.

All the characters were very incompetent. Hopper and Joyce were throwing car keys into the woods, wtf.
The relationship stuff was pushy, so much bickering. Hopper became a douche.

The kids just being kids is when this show shines. At least their stupid dialogue and relationship stuff makes sense, they are children. But Hopper and Joyce, my god.

Also, apparently Mike and Nancy's mom is a whore.

Why Will keep on touching his neck and why nothing came out of it? Would have liked Dr Pimple Popper cameo and take care of that shit. Who's with me?
Will was there to say "he's here" every episode, and be the Maybe or maybe not gay character.

I do think it's funny how the whole first season was about finding this kid, and now nobody gives a shit about him.

He sort of has the "O'Brien must suffer" trope, for star trek fans. Will must suffer, even if he hasn't done anything.

/QUOTE]
I have the feeling Nancy will go on to have a ok acting career. I just liked her because she is hot, and she was a good character in the first season, 3rd season she was meh.

Erica was annoying as hell!! I felt like breaking my screen every time she came on!

RIP Billy btw

Dude was a stud

Was hoping hed wax mrs wheelers ass with the breast stroke

Last edited:
Just finished the third season, and on the whole, this show is very "just okay" to me.

With the first season, it borrowed heavily from Steven Spielberg and Stephen King, and wowed folks with 80s nostalgia. To it's credit, the casting job is very good for the most part, and it's fun seeing the characters interact with each other. The second season was a retread of the first, but even less satisfying. Not to mention the addition of the other people with superpower; an angle that went over like a fart in church.

With the third season, it's more of playing up 80s flair and nostalgia, and we see our heroes battle another monster from the Upside Down. Moving the plot along hinges on convenience, corny dialouge is spoken in moments that are meant to be taken more serious, bad attempts at humor stink up the better attempts, emotionally charged moments meant to tug at heartstrings lose their spark, and many characters are left with nothing really to do other than fill up the screen and say something witty. (For example, Will was basically just there to touch his neck, which helped nothing.) Boy, if this show was really trying to be an 80s horror flick that most people either didn't watch or forgot about, then it sure did hit the nail on the head. It shares a lot of the same traits you'd see in one of those films, (but benefits from generally better acting, a bigger budget, and actually being watched by a lot of people) so kudos. It really does live up to its 80s fanfaring to that degree.

But hey, I'm a fan of bad 80s horror films myself. (Let me give you some suggestions to check out: The Wraith, Street Trash, Blood Rage, Nightbeast, Intruder, Pieces, Maniac Cop, Friday the 13th: Part VI, Slumber Party Massacre 1 & 2, and so on) I get it, not too many people invest time in wading through old bad horror films to find the gems they like (nor should they or be expected to,) so something as mainstream as Stranger Things may be the first or one of the first introductions into corny, thinly-written horror forays. I feel The Duffer Brothers have not really done much other than benefit from drawing from the 80s-horror well that was dug for them. When I watch this show, I have a feeling of, "I've seen this all before, and many times better. Why is this so great?"

But I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade. If you like the show, more power to you. The characters can be fun, and who doesn't like to see people battle other-wordly monsters? I just can't seem to dig the show as other folks do.

Lastly, go watch Romero's Day of the Dead because it's a great film, and it deserves your attention. It's the least you could do since you just watched a season of a show that was inspired by it.

Last edited:
Suzie making Dustin sing got a couple people killed.

It was a great cover tho.

There are no answers. How many times must we go through with this with serialized "mystery" series? They dangle the carrot to keep you coming back. Revealing everything dramatically lowers the quality of the show. I thought they revealed too much of the monster in the first season. Ruins the suspense and fear.

giphy.gif

I know I know but I am a sucker for the carrot.

Back