Crime De’Von Bailey police shooting. Edit: settlement of 3 million reached.

I think that's the word so he's a pedo (probably felon) in illegal possession of a firearm alleged to have robbed someone at gun point.

All the more reason why this is messed up smh. This is why we kneel

He never pulled the gun from his waistband but you could see how it looked like he was reaching for it. That’s a rough one.
I think the officers should need to actually see a weapon aimed in their direction before an execution is justified.
Stupid motherfucker shouldn’t have run though.
What? That's a ridiculous standard. This was a good shooting and that video absolutely shows it.

You commit an armed robbery strike one
You run from the cops strike two
You reach for your IWB carried gun strike three

Why do you think this was a good shooting?

I’m on the fence about it , I just like to read others opinions.

I can see why a cop would freak out. The guy was suspected of being armed, takes off running, and has his hands in his waistband while ignoring commands to stop and get his hands up.

But on the flip side.. he was running in the opposite direction, no weapon was verified until after he was gunned down, so all the threats to the safety of the officers are just “possibilities”.

I hate to see somebody executed over a possibility.
Yet this particular dude appears to be a piece of shit that the world is better off without, hence my conflicting thoughts.

What? That's a ridiculous standard. This was a good shooting and that video absolutely shows it.

You commit an armed robbery strike one
You run from the cops strike two
You reach for your IWB carried gun strike three

Dont run from police
Dont run from police
Dont run from police

, especially if you're fucking armed.

Again, let's all take a look at what leftist America has become. They are actually siding with a pedo, armed robber who illegally possessed a firearm.

Don't ever let leftists lecture you on morality, especially WPEMs.

Looks like the dude has the gun right in his hand at 10:35. You can see him hiding it away

Dont run from police
Dont run from police
Dont run from police

Again, let's all take a look at what leftist America has become. They are actually siding with a pedo, armed robber who illegally possessed a firearm.

Edit**
Cross off the pedo part...armed robber and felon, fleeing police

Saw the video again. Clean shoot.

Everyone in this thread...pay very clear attention to those who blindly overlook the fact that this guy committed armed robbery.

Dont run from police
Dont run from police
Dont run from police

It has nothing to do with siding with a criminal, it is about police conduct. It is not ok to shoot a fleeing person in the back, unless they present an immediate danger.

Saw the video again. Clean shoot.

Everyone in this thread...pay very clear attention to those who blindly overlook the fact that this guy committed armed robbery.
My job requires me to do this.... ALLEGEDLY committed the robbery. He hadn't been prosecuted yet for that crime. I understand he was named and matched the description but it was still just "allegedly" at that stage. May very well been as allegedly OJ killed Nicole but still, hadn't been proven yet.

It has nothing to do with siding with a criminal, it is about police conduct. It is not ok to shoot a fleeing person in the back, unless they present an immediate danger.

He was armed, committed an armed robbery, presumed to be armed and dangerous ...
How exactly are the police supposed to treat people like this?

My job requires me to do this.... ALLEGEDLY committed the robbery. He hadn't been prosecuted yet for that crime. I understand he was named and matched the description but it was still just "allegedly" at that stage. May very well been as allegedly OJ killed Nicole but still, hadn't been proven yet.

That's a valid point...however the police dont know this...they were responding to a 911 call, of two men who Just committed an armed robbery.

The police aren't gonna fuck around or take chances...why did this POS bolt like this?

He was armed, committed an armed robbery, presumed to be armed and dangerous ...
How exactly are the police supposed to treat people like this?

Shooting a suspect should be a last resort. When a person is shot, they lose their right to a trial. Assuming someone is a danger, without confirming they are so how unarmed people get shot. Unarmed people run from the cops fairly often.

Amazing how all these white kids commit mass murder and almost every one is apprehended without incident. Yet a black man hurts nobody, is running, and they have no choice but to execute him. America gonna America
They should be fucking greased too.

Why do you think this was a good shooting?

I’m on the fence about it , I just like to read others opinions.

I can see why a cop would freak out. The guy was suspected of being armed, takes off running, and has his hands in his waistband while ignoring commands to stop and get his hands up.

But on the flip side.. he was running in the opposite direction, no weapon was verified until after he was gunned down, so all the threats to the safety of the officers are just “possibilities”.

I hate to see somebody executed over a possibility.
Yet this particular dude appears to be a piece of shit that the world is better off without, hence my conflicting thoughts.

Shit happens fast man. All I'm saying is if I was that cop and he turned and reached like that I would assume he's drawing a gun too. The movement he made just SCREAMED reaching for a gun and I couldn't ignore that when watching

Here a part of the body cam. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/devon-...-police-release-body-camera-video-2019-08-16/

https://www.krdo.com/news/colorado-springs-police-release-video-of-devon-bailey-shooting/1109718891

https://6abc.com/devon-bailey-shooting-body-camera-footage-autopsy-report-released/5472812/

The third video is the best. It shows him running and reaching into his waistband as he runs. It’s not the display of the gun that I read about at one point, but based on the call and the actions of Bailey, I absolutely see why officers did what they did.

I also have not had the confirmation that officers knew who Bailey was and that he was named as the suspect. I would like to see the descriptions of the suspects as well.

Then you have the first video that has the activists saying “he was not a flight risk, they could have arrested him later.” Oh, I guess flight risk means that he was not going to sprout wings(certainly not angel wings, baby rapist) and fly away.

Here a part of the body cam. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/devon-...-police-release-body-camera-video-2019-08-16/

https://www.krdo.com/news/colorado-springs-police-release-video-of-devon-bailey-shooting/1109718891

https://6abc.com/devon-bailey-shooting-body-camera-footage-autopsy-report-released/5472812/

The third video is the best. It shows him running and reaching into his waistband as he runs. It’s not the display of the gun that I read about at one point, but based on the call and the actions of Bailey, I absolutely see why officers did what they did.

I also have not had the confirmation that officers knew who Bailey was and that he was named as the suspect. I would like to see the descriptions of the suspects as well.

Then you have the first video that has the activists saying “he was not a flight risk, they could have arrested him later.” Oh, I guess flight risk means that he was not going to sprout wings(certainly not angel wings, baby rapist) and fly away.

What is your take on that video now that you saw it ? Im pretty sure I know what bears take is going to be and you are the one who doesnt like the shot in the back detail so Im curious if your opinion has changed ?

It looks clean to me

If they were suspected of drug dealing or a b and E that might be excessive but with what info they had and the suspects actions I dont know what else you would want them to do?

I still don’t like the shot in the back aspect, but based on TN v Garner and Graham v Conor, I think it is justified. He kept reaching for that left pocket as officers tell him to keep his hands up. When he runs, his hands are only in his waist. The first part, where he reaches towards that pocket is what we call a “subconscious cue” as it relates to body language. As soon as you say “we are going to search you” if a person is carrying something they don’t want the cops to find, they move a hand or turn their body to protect that side. I have seen it so many times. The body language on this guy is telling from the start.

Was he planning to throw the gun, or use it? We will never know, only that he had a gun and was reaching for it as he ran.

And the protesters are not just upset, now they claim they are angry. “He didn’t have to die.” Nope, they rarely do, but they make the choices that lead to their death. Had he simply done what the officers had told him to, he would be in jail or out on bond, but definitely not dead by the hands of the officers.

Back