Stipe absorbed 162 significant strikes to the head, DC 86.

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
That's a massive difference, and it shows that this lighter version of HW DC lacks punching power the same way he lacked at LHW.

upload_2019-8-18_15-59-56.png

Stats also show that Stipe had only 32% sig.strike defense, that might be one of the worst striking defenses we have ever witnessed in a title fight. And some people seriously call Stipe the best UFC HW ever. The state of HW today is just sad.

I'd guess about half those sig strikes came after DC had gassed. Seems DC really bought into the hype and blew his wad expecting another early ko

so what you're saying is, DC was winning until he lost?

he got boxed up by a fat lhw wrestler

hw division is sad

i was surprised how much stipe was getting hit, thought that any second now hes going down. literally no head moving,shitty footwork ,got hit from every angle so easy

I'd guess about half those sig strikes came after DC had gassed. Seems DC really bought into the hype and blew his wad expecting another early ko

Obv it depends when you think he gassed.

Stipe looked bad both times we shall see if it was something about Cormier's game or about Stipe losing a step...

He had been looking mortal but sharp and dominant for years, but now he struggled to land clean punch for 3rounds

Stipe looked so much better against Francis. It's like he's a different fighter now-static and next to no defense. His new reign will not last long, I'm afraid.

DC should have gone into the second and forces the TD. Focus on heavy GnP and try to get Stipe to give up his neck.

Sure, but he got dominated for the whole fight before the left hooks to the body.

I know, I know. It doesn't matter because Stipe won. But it kinda does.

Kinda. Kinda not. 1-1 is really all that matters at this point.

Herb saved DC’s life in there.

Kinda. Kinda not. 1-1 is really all that matters at this point.

Only the results matter, all the holes that were exposed/exploited don't matter. Just the result. Anderson Silva doesn't have a problem with wrestlers, he submitted Chael. It doesnt matter that he got taken down and beaten up, out grappled, outstruck. He won so thats all that matters.

That's a massive difference, and it shows that this lighter version of HW DC lacks punching power the same way he lacked at LHW.

View attachment 631913

Stats also show that Stipe had only 32% sig.strike defense, that might be one of the worst striking defenses we have ever witnessed in a title fight. And some people seriously call Stipe the best UFC HW ever. The state of HW today is just sad.

Gotta be durable and pace yourself to win a 5 round HW championship fight!

Only the results matter, all the holes that were exposed/exploited don't matter. Just the result. Anderson Silva doesn't have a problem with wrestlers, he submitted Chael. It doesnt matter that he got taken down and beaten up, out grappled, outstruck. He won so thats all that matters.

Ofc it can matter, depending what you are talking about. For example, had Stipe dominated DC 4 rounds before KOing him, he would be a massive favorite in a possible third fight. But since the fight went like it did, the lines in the third fight will probably be close to even. So it does matter and therefore is worth talking about, don't be so simple minded.

Stipe looked so much better against Francis. It's like he's a different fighter now-static and next to no defense. His new reign will not last long, I'm afraid.
If he stands right in front of Francis with his head stationary like he did against DC he is going to sleep. I'm shocked that he left himself so unguarded last night considering DC KO'd him the first time. His chin seemed right there to be hit all night.

Golden gloves but not golden head movement.

Back