• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What were you doing on 9/11?

What were you doing at 9/11?

• Total voters
Walking through blood and bones in the streets of Manhattan, trying to find my brother. He was in northern Canada.

...but I'm surprised there wasn't more 9/11 (or any) 9/11 threads today.
Yeap. Not much on television either. The only reason it came to mind is because Google was displaying a 'black' ribbon.

I was a Captain in the U.S. Army. I was at my desk reading emails when someone in the unit had gotten a phone call about the incident and we all ran to one of the briefing rooms to watch it on TV. Needless to say there was very little sleep during the next week. I kept wondering who would be stupid enough to do that and hoping the U.S. government and military find the culprit soon, and we did. The rest is history...

Yeap. Not much on television either. The only reason it came to mind is because Google was displaying a 'black' ribbon.

I was a Captain in the U.S. Army. I was at my desk reading emails when someone in the unit had gotten a phone call about the incident and we all ran to one of the briefing room to watch it on TV. Needless to say there was very little sleep during the next week. I kept wondering who would be stupid enough to do that and hoping the U.S. government and military find the culprit soon, and we did. The rest is history...
Even though I was just a kid I remember how overwhelmingly patriotic and nice the whole country was following that.

Its something I love most about this country. We all are often at eachothers throats in-fighting but if a 3rd party dares piss us off enough.....like kicking a hornet's nest. Wish it could be like that all the time

In LA arguing with two cops over a “parking violation”

sophomore year of high school in a computer programming class when my teacher was told to turn on the TV. We all went from class to class only watching the TV the entire day. I remember when the first plane hit we were all like what kind of moron runs into a building like that. We legit never realized terrorism was a thing. Then the 2nd plane and it was like oh fuck I guess we live in a new world now.

sophomore year of high school in a computer programming class when my teacher was told to turn on the TV. We all went from class to class only watching the TV the entire day. I remember when the first plane hit we were all like what kind of moron runs into a building like that. Then the 2nd plane and it was like oh fuck I guess we live in a new world now.

I think everyone thought the same thing that day in real time. I thought the first plane was just a small prop plane at first.

Also, later on in the morning, I was getting reports while doing research and someone said the building came down. And, I'm like, "You mean the top few floors, right?" And they were like, "No. I'm pretty sure the entire building fell."

I didn't believe him until I saw it.

You really shouldn’t give that thing anymore energy.

I just woke up for school a little after the second plane hit. I remember asking my dad what movie he was watching.

It's almost 9/12 on the east coast, but I'm surprised there wasn't more 9/11 (or any) 9/11 threads today.

Anyhow, what were you doing on 9/11? .
Watching youtube videos on my phone when my brother pulled up Facebook and everyone was posting about it and showing videos. Remember it like it was today.

Back