In hindsight, Silva’s performance vs Adesanya is impressive

Imagine what prime Silva would do against a journeyman like Weidman

Oh wait...

XAXovUa.gif
Chris was a champion? How is that a journeyman

Izzy was playing with Silva.

Wasn't playing. He was starstruck, too respectful, overly cautious and fought very timid. I think he could've really put it on Andy if he didn't have so much respect and reverence for him. I don't know if he would've finished Andy but he def could've damaged him way more.

Anderson went easy on him, kinda like WWE when the old school wrestler passes the torch to the up and comer. Nothing else to say/thread

No, he wouldn’t.

The first good counter striker Robert faced at MW buried him and if the first round was longer, he wouldn’t have made it out of that one.

The only good counter striker he faced at WW also knocked him out. You really think the GOAT MMA striker who’s entire game is based on counter striking wouldn’t have done the same? You’re stupid if so. Prime Silva has finished better strikers than Robert
Yup. He’s delusional. Prime Silva KOs Whittaker in less than a round

I'm over Adesanya already, ready for the next hype job.

Anderson Silva couldn't even finish Demian Maia and Maia was pushing the fight in the end trying to goad Andy to a striking battle. Ever since I saw that I thought Silva is overrated.
Isn't everybody overrated?

I think he matches up very well with all of them. Several of these guys, like DC and Weidman are pretty slow, sloppy And often have big openings... they also have cardio issues... Seriously Costa and Romero?

....but Jones vs prime Anderson would be fun to see...
Silva lost to Takase and chonan in his prime so i think someone like Cormier would have no problems. Silva would get wtestled to death

Silva lost to Takase and chonan in his prime so i think someone like Cormier would have no problems. Silva would get wtestled to death
And you read this on Wikipedia? You think if TAkase or Chonan stood in the octagon across Anderson instead of Franklin or Hendo, that they would beat him? That is just silly.

I think DC is a comfortable matchup for Anderson. We saw that he couldn’t do much, even vs a very slow, past prime, fat out of shape Anderson on two weeks notice, And he was even hurt by Anderson and terrified of losing position.

In his prime, I think Anderson would finish DC in the later rounds. A pure wrestler that is pretty slow, with medio striking defence is a very good match for a good counterstriker.

When people try to discredit Anderson by saying that Israel and DC took it easy on him, I just have to laugh. Do you really think they'd risk getting KO'd by an old man just to do him a favor? Anderson is still a sniper and everyone knows it, he can end the fight at any time, he had Brunson hurt and tired, almost killed Bisping with a flying knee, badly hurt DC with a kick to the body, etc. Israel fought Anderson as well as he could, and he rightly won, but Anderson made it competitive at nearly 44 years old and did a lot better than the 28 year old former champ did. Prime Anderson snipes everyone in this division, the only guy stylistically that would give him problems is Romero.

Israel went easy on him just like DC.

Sure cause you can afford to go easy on someone in the octagon and literally risk your career, your championship aspirations and your payscale. Silva hurt DC badly, but DC wanted that right? lol

Delusional.

Sure cause you can afford to go easy on someone in the octagon and literally risk your career, your championship aspirations and your payscale. Silva hurt DC badly, but DC wanted that right? lol

Delusional.

Oh they wanted to win. They just didn't want to smash him, lol.

So they purposely manipulated a fight result and jeopardized a potential bonus for finishing Silva?

Not only that would be illegal, but also dumb

Truth is, if they could've finished Silva, they would have. The Spider is just that good, and even at 44 years old he still makes his opponents look mediocre

So they purposely manipulated a fight result and jeopardized a potential bonus for finishing Silva?

Truth is, if they could've finished Silva, they would have. The Spider is just that good, and even at 44 years old he still makes his opponents look mediocre

Wasn't hard for Weidman.

<{silvanormal}>

Oh they wanted to win. They just didn't want to smash him, lol.
I don’t know how old you are, but in a full contact fight with everything on the line, do you really believe this? That anyone would risk taking it easy on a finisher like Anderson? I don’t want to be rude, but that is very naive And ignorant.

Back