In hindsight, Silva’s performance vs Adesanya is impressive

Comparing Silva's performance to Silva's is not fair.

Whitaker was fighting to win. Silva was fighting not to lose.

I don’t know how old you are, but in a full contact fight with everything on the line, do you really believe this? That anyone would risk taking it easy on a finisher like Anderson? I don’t want to be rude, but that is very naive And ignorant.

Incorrect.

It's unusual but it does happen. For instance Fedor admitted to go easy on the armbar vs. Hunt to avoid injuring him badly.

The fact that you ignore these things in MMA doesn't mean they cannot happen.

Cheers.

Wasn't hard for Weidman.

The finishes were a KO where Anderson was being retarded closing his eyes and shit and a leg break. I mean, kudos for Weidman being in the right place in the right time and capitalizing on the moment, but those were fluky finishes.

Keep pushing that narrative. Prime Silva finishes Izzy within 2 rounds and you know it
Izzy fought him like he was prime silva. Gave him way too much respect until rd 3 when he started touching silva at will.

The finishes were a KO where Anderson was being retarded closing his eyes and shit and a leg break. I mean, kudos for Weidman being in the right place in the right time and capitalizing on the moment, but those were fluky finishes.

No.

Anderson had nothing for Weidman. He was getting outstruck and Weidman wasn't taking the bait by overcommiting with his punches. This led Anderson to be frustrated and bait Weidman even harder, which led to him getting KO'd.

Anderson admitted post fight "I lost control and my temper". He did because of Weidman

No.

Anderson had nothing for Weidman. He was getting outstruck and Weidman wasn't taking the bait by overcommiting with his punches. This led Anderson to be frustrated and bait Weidman even harder, which led to him getting KO'd.

Anderson admitted post fight "I lost control and my temper". He did because of Weidman

Anderson dropped the first round to guys all the time and wound up winning. Means nothing. He likely wins if not for those two weird finishes. He had Weidman frustrating and chasing towards the end of the first fight, he just got a little too cocky and the left hook put him out.

Anderson dropped the first round to guys all the time and wound up winning. Means nothing. He likely wins if not for those two weird finishes. He had Weidman frustrating and chasing towards the end of the first fight, he just got a little too cocky and the left hook put him out.

Are you sure Weidman was the one frustrated?

tumblr_inline_mq9cgm9vie1qz4rgp.gif

"I lost control and my temper".- Anderson Silva

That's not what happened in his fights with Forrest/Bonnar/Okami, etc.

Weidman was winning both of those fights until the finishes. You seem to be forgetting that, or more likely, ignoring it.

Are you sure Weidman was the one frustrated?

tumblr_inline_mq9cgm9vie1qz4rgp.gif

"I lost control and my temper".- Anderson Silva

That's not what happened in his fights with Forrest/Bonnar/Okami, etc.
Silva was way past his prime already. He was short of 40 years old and with a 15 yeas old career. 99% of fighters are already out of their prime after a decade into their career.

The Spider who fought Marquardt/Henderson would've beaten Weidman, no brainer

Silva was way past his prime already. He was short of 40 years old and with a 15 yeas old career. 99% of fighters are already out of their prime after a decade into their career.

The Spider who fought Marquardt/Henderson would've beaten Weidman, no brainer

Doubtful.

He was a lot easier to take down back then.

Couldn't find a 25 minute gif of Sonnen Silva 1 unfortunately, but I think you get my point.
When a past prime, injured Silva almost stopped Chael with elbows from the bottom and then chocked him out ?

When a past prime, injured Silva almost stopped Chael with elbows from the bottom and then chocked him out ?
When he got taken down repeatedly and dropped on the feet too. Obviously Sonnen's submission weaknesses were established well before the first Silva fight, so I think it's pretty safe to assume that someone with much better submission grappling chops would handle Silva on the ground with ease

When he got taken down repeatedly and dropped on the feet too. Obviously Sonnen's submission weaknesses were established well before the first Silva fight, so I think it's pretty safe to assume that someone with much better submission grappling chops would handle Silva on the ground with ease
Silva with healthy ribs (already past his prime) destroyed non 16:1 testosterone ratio Sonnen in less than 2 rounds

Silva with healthy ribs (already past his prime) destroyed non 16:1 testosterone ratio Sonnen in less than 2 rounds
Sonnen < Silva. Agreed. What sonnen showed against Silva however, paired with the real life results of the two weidman fights clearly shows that Weidman > Silva

Hindsight can and should be used in this sport when it warrants it. I dont like the reference here ( and I respect Anderson cause he fights to his age and has yet to be mollywhopped outside clowning with Chris and paid the ultimate price for it).
Israel one of those fighters who just steps up his game and evolves with each fight .
In other words , its my opinion that if izz fought Anderson 2 fights later than he did- I see Anderson on wrong side of tko/ko.

And you read this on Wikipedia? You think if TAkase or Chonan stood in the octagon across Anderson instead of Franklin or Hendo, that they would beat him? That is just silly.

I think DC is a comfortable matchup for Anderson. We saw that he couldn’t do much, even vs a very slow, past prime, fat out of shape Anderson on two weeks notice, And he was even hurt by Anderson and terrified of losing position.

In his prime, I think Anderson would finish DC in the later rounds. A pure wrestler that is pretty slow, with medio striking defence is a very good match for a good counterstriker.
He was 28/29 years old, is that not a fighters prime or what?? He also was better in a cage and not a ring

Cormier is old too and easily controlled him. Dc murders at heavyweight and he would mop Anderson.

Dc is not slow :l. Anderson is great but no way he’d be that good at light heavy. He cut down for a reason and he didn’t wanna fight shogun

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back