In hindsight, Silva’s performance vs Adesanya is impressive

The finishes were a KO where Anderson was being retarded closing his eyes and shit and a leg break. I mean, kudos for Weidman being in the right place in the right time and capitalizing on the moment, but those were fluky finishes.

What wasn't flukey was Wediman getting Anderson down with ease, and smartly avoiding Anderson's trap agaist the cage (when Andy invited him to try to nail his chin hands down).

If Weidman kept committing to takedowns, I don't see why you assume he would have failed to get them.

Sure cause you can afford to go easy on someone in the octagon and literally risk your career, your championship aspirations and your payscale. Silva hurt DC badly, but DC wanted that right? lol

Delusional.

He landed one kick on DC, and absolutely nothing else.

That fight was like a sparring session for DC.

That is not the same as going easy on one of the most dangerous strikers in all og mma for the entire fight. Nobody would do that, And risk that.
It is not a movie. Try to stand in front of someone in a ring yourself. No matter What kind of opponent, you will be «terrified» of making a mistake, especially when leading by points. DC And Israel had everything to lose. They knew that one good hit from Anderson would end the fight. It is also illegal.

Again, if Fedor knew it was slipping, he would have broken it. I am
Also not so sure about his «story». That was a special time in Fedors life And career.

How is it not the same? You think Fedor couldn't have lost to Hunt because of that failed armbar? Hunt was a very dangerous striker. He even attempted an americana on Fedor.

DC was on top of Anderson almost for the entire fight. Silva was helpless. He wasn't going to get up. Yeah Anderson hurt him at the end but that was because the ref stood them up, otherwise the fight would have ended with DC on top.

How is it not the same? You think Fedor couldn't have lost to Hunt because of that failed armbar? Hunt was a very dangerous striker. He even attempted an americana on Fedor.

DC was on top of Anderson almost for the entire fight. Silva was helpless. He wasn't going to get up. Yeah Anderson hurt him at the end but that was because the ref stood them up, otherwise the fight would have ended with DC on top.
You dont understand the difference? So you Seriously think that Fedor would have taken it easy on Hunt the whole fight? Or that anyone in mma would? Had Fedor taken it easy on Hunt, he would have been finished. The same with Anderson/DC. Fedor And DC did their very best, And they won.

Had the DC Anderson fight been some years earlier, Anderson would have won. Had the Fedor/Hunt fight been a few years earlier, Fedor would have finished him early.

Rob fought to win at all costs.
Andy fought to make it to a decision.

You dont understand the difference? So you Seriously think that Fedor would have taken it easy on Hunt the whole fight? Or that anyone in mma would? Had Fedor taken it easy on Hunt, he would have been finished. The same with Anderson/DC. Fedor And DC did their very best, And they won.

Had the DC Anderson fight been some years earlier, Anderson would have won. Had the Fedor/Hunt fight been a few years earlier, Fedor would have finished him early.

Who said the whole fight?

Fedor said he went easy on some opponents when he was beating the crap out of them. Like I said, Anderson was helpless most of the fight.

And lol at at Anderson Silva ever beating Daniel Cormier.

Who said the whole fight?

Fedor said he went easy on some opponents when he was beating the crap out of them. Like I said, Anderson was helpless most of the fight.

And lol at at Anderson Silva ever beating Daniel Cormier.
Then Fedor was «bragging» or hyping his brand. And to me he doesn’t seem like the type of guy that does something illegal that affects the odds/betting. He does his best.

DC is a perfect opponent for a prime Anderson. Slow, sloppy defence, bad cardio.

Then Fedor was «bragging» or hyping his brand. And to me he doesn’t seem like the type of guy that does something illegal that affects the odds/betting. He does his best.

DC is a perfect opponent for a prime Anderson. Slow, sloppy defence, bad cardio.

Maybe, maybe not.

Prime Anderson was easier to take down. To beat DC you need to sprawl and brawl.

Maybe, maybe not.

Prime Anderson was easier to take down. To beat DC you need to sprawl and brawl.
Prime Anderson had some of the best tdd % in all of mma. To beat DC, you need to either get past rd 3, when he is exhausted, or hit him with a well placed punch or kick, since he is quite easy to hit for a good striker. In a 5 rd fight, Anderson could do both. And sure, sprawl And brawl works too. :)

Do people actually think a professional fighter would take it easy on his opponent? LOL

Izzy looks much better when a guy obliges his game and lets him counter, just like it did for Anderson in his prime. Andy would've rather literally danced than move forward recklessly.

Prime Anderson had some of the best tdd % in all of mma. To beat DC, you need to either get past rd 3, when he is exhausted, or hit him with a well placed punch or kick, since he is quite easy to hit for a good striker. In a 5 rd fight, Anderson could do both. And sure, sprawl And brawl works too. :)

No come on.

From Pride to Cage Rage to the UFC he was taken down by plenty of fighters and spent a lot on time on his back. Takase, Horn, Chonan, Okami, Lutter, Franklin, Hendo, Leites, Sonnen, etc. were all able to take him down, and they didn't have Cormier's size and wrestling.

Cardio wouldn't be an issue. Laying on top of your opponent isn't that demanding. DC gets tired when he's forced to fight on the feet (Jones, Stipe). When he's dominating he has more endurance (see Barnett fight). Anderson would simply not be able to force a fight in which DC gets tired and becomes susceptible to his strikes. Anderson would have been on his back anytime DC felt like it.

Great fight to watch, despite what some people might say. Silva displayed insane toughness and showed shades of why he is the greatest MMA striker ever.

ArcticRepentantKitty-small.gif
ColorlessQuerulousErmine-small.gif
DrearyBlueChafer-small.gif
CourageousDefiniteKite-small.gif
LegalWearyDuckbillplatypus-small.gif
EnviousColorfulKomododragon-small.gif

50UmYOy.gif

BrightAdmiredCrow-size_restricted.gif

Haters will always hate. They say adasanya wasn’t trying. Cormier wasn’t trying.

It’s pretty funny actuallu

No come on.

From Pride to Cage Rage to the UFC he was taken down by plenty of fighters and spent a lot on time on his back. Takase, Horn, Chonan, Okami, Lutter, Franklin, Hendo, Leites, Sonnen, etc. were all able to take him down, and they didn't have Cormier's size and wrestling.

Cardio wouldn't be an issue. Laying on top of your opponent isn't that demanding. DC gets tired when he's forced to fight on the feet (Jones, Stipe). When he's dominating he has more endurance (see Barnett fight). Anderson would simply not be able to force a fight in which DC gets tired and becomes susceptible to his strikes. Anderson would have been on his back anytime DC felt like it.
Discussing with someone that disagrees with statistics is kind of useless.

Best % TDD fighting the kind of people he fought at MW, not freaking DC.

What a meaningless stat. Are you actually implying Anderson would succesfully stuff DC repeatedly? LMAO!

DC took pitty on old man Anderson and decided to fight really really safe in order to avoid a stupid loss.
That's it. Stop making it out to be some kind of win for Anderson.

Anderson is a gimme fight for DC. get over it.

Best % TDD fighting the kind of people he fought at MW, not freaking DC.

What a meaningless stat. Are you actually implying Anderson would succesfully stuff DC repeatedly? LMAO!

DC took pitty on old man Anderson and decided to fight really really safe in order to avoid a stupid loss.
That's it. Stop making it out to be some kind of win for Anderson.

Anderson is a gimme fight for DC. get over it.
I am not implying Anderson could not get taken down by DC. I am however Implying that DC is not a dangerous opponent for Anderson, And that a prime Anderson would have plenty of time to finish DC. I don’t think DC would be competitive or survive. DCs only way of winning is lnp.

No, DC fought his best. If you have ever done any sort of full contact competitive martial arts, where a knockout is a possibility, you would understand that Nobody is taking it easy because they feel pity, And sure not against a good striker. That is just silly And naive. I can not understand how any grown up or youth can believe that.

Anderson Silva is thee most spectacular and dangerous fighting machine we have ever seen in the octagon. Finishes with every point of contact while making good fighters look bad and doing it with a look of effortlessness

Discussing with someone that disagrees with statistics is kind of useless.

Except I'm using facts.

Anderson was taken down by all the fighters I named and plenty of others. His TDD ratio was inflated by guys like Leites and Maia who spent entire fights crawling on the mat. Those are irrelevant when it comes to DC, who's a bigger and far better wrestler.

Here's a better statisctic: In his 16 win streak in the UFC, Anderson was taken down by half of his opponents.
What makes you think DC wouldn't put him on his back whenever he wanted?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back