GSP has outdated take down technque and will have no answer for Khabib *serious discussion only

I think if anything, GSP's entries will have suffered the most. The injuries to his knee combined with his age make me think he wouldn't be able to replicate his quick entries. Although he does measure distance very well, and imo people constantly underrate his striking.
I'm surprised no one else mentioned this. The difference for GSP now vs his prime, besides age of course, are the injuries he's suffered. I think he's had at least 2 or 3 knee surgeries by now, and I can't recall ever seeing fighters at 100% once the knee injuries start. Hopefully we'll get to see this fight. It should still be good.

Hendricks has had 10x more testing than GSP and never failed a test.

GSP was a pre-USADA monster but Hendricks is called the juicer. Sherdoggers suck at logic

Maybe because Hendricks stopped juicing when USADA was implemented? Hence he he was total garbage post USADA.

Haha good job TS, that's the biggest pile of fuming bullshit I've read this week!

Hint: At this point in his career, as a semi-retired fighter, if GSP wants that fight, and he does, that's because he and his coaches have seen holes they can exploit in Khabib's game, and they're absolutely sure the current version of St.Pierre has the tools to beat him. If they had a doubt, they wouldn't ask for that fight.
He's a 38yo veteran who looks like he's 30yo, former-champion who defended for a decade+, and some would even say he's GOAT material. You think he would go there to get his ass kicked and get humiliated? Haha he doesn't need that shit.

You GSP haters will never learn how that guy thinks eh? :)

Last edited:
GSP has outdated take down technque and will have no answer for Khabib *serious discussion only

There's no such thing, as a outdated take down techniques they're just take downs.

And you say serious discussion only...
200.webp

Hey TS, look at that obsolete technique

takedown-vs-hendricks.gif

tumblr_n4kcpjT12P1tynw6to1_400.gif

I6ymg.gif

gsp1.gif

Mankind has been wrestling since the dawn of time, but it evolved so much in the last 2-3 years that GSP's wrestling/takedowns are now outdated <Lmaoo>

GSP looked exactly the same when he fought Bisping as he looked at any other point in his career, maybe even bigger, and he passed USADA. While Hendricks never failed a test, he instantly became a shell of himself after USADA came in. He blames it on the IV ban. But even if he was only using IVs to rehydrate instead of flush his system, that still means he needed a massive size advantage to compete at the top of WW.
So you are saying Hendricks was juicing before USADA then stopped once USADA was implemented. You are also saying GSP never juiced because he looked maybe bigger vs Bisping under USADA.

Just to be clear.

Gsp faced mostly one dimensional fighters

Once he faced a more well rounded fighter he got his ass kicked n ran away from the sport e

200.webp
Johny Hendricks is considered well rounded..?

Screenshot_20191004-034551.png
Yes serious discussion only, will not let u sniff my butt, khabib is goat and I want jds vs Mark hunt rematch

The meta of MMA has evolved. Single leg and double leg take down defense is standard, just like having BJJ defense is a standard. That is why people like Khabib had to evolve their take downs by using cage walls and trips.

Khabib was once like GSP. He primarily set up his takedowns using striking, then changed levels for a double/single. That was successful for a period until the Tibau fight in which he got nullified. After that fight you will notice he completely changed his take down strategy. This is in huge part because he joined AKA where he learned to wrestle with Cormier. The rest is history. No one can stop his take downs.

GSP is an athlete not a fighter. He relied on his athleticism to cover up his chin, which at times has been wobbled by the likes of Hendricks, Condit. After getting exposed by an unranked long shot Serra, GSP changed his game to something safe, valuing point fighting over taking any risk.

It took a juiced Hendricks just to be on the same level as GSP. If a juiced fighter can barely keep up with GSP, it really speaks volumes on how much GSP trains. He has the muscle definition, size and endurance that you don't see in many people who can fight for long periods of time.

GSP's success relied in part because of his timing/explosiveness/technique. If we were to make a pie chart of how much each has contributed to his wins it would look like this.

3dfsfm.png

Given that explosiveness and timing are largely dependent on age, it would be irrefutable to assume that GSP maintained his peak physical form after that many years. This is further supported by GSP slow and sluggish performance against Bisping who was a man already set on retirement while training for GSP.

Khabib will be able to easily stuff GSP's archaic takedowns and demonstrate just how far MMA wrestling has come, by showing techniques that were never thought possible by GSP or any of his past opponents.
Lols. Not sure if serious.

conpared to opponents gsp was facing...

Yes

Hendricks wouldn't be considered well rounded even in olden times, he just caught up with tiring & fed up with the game GSP Johny just happen to have perfect timing, Johny just being BK fighter now shows you how limited he was as a mma fighter he couldn't continue.

I feel like i just read something from a rightie trying to debunk climate change.

The meta of MMA has evolved. Single leg and double leg take down defense is standard, just like having BJJ defense is a standard. That is why people like Khabib had to evolve their take downs by using cage walls and trips.

Khabib was once like GSP. He primarily set up his takedowns using striking, then changed levels for a double/single. That was successful for a period until the Tibau fight in which he got nullified. After that fight you will notice he completely changed his take down strategy. This is in huge part because he joined AKA where he learned to wrestle with Cormier. The rest is history. No one can stop his take downs.

GSP is an athlete not a fighter. He relied on his athleticism to cover up his chin, which at times has been wobbled by the likes of Hendricks, Condit. After getting exposed by an unranked long shot Serra, GSP changed his game to something safe, valuing point fighting over taking any risk.

It took a juiced Hendricks just to be on the same level as GSP. If a juiced fighter can barely keep up with GSP, it really speaks volumes on how much GSP trains. He has the muscle definition, size and endurance that you don't see in many people who can fight for long periods of time.

GSP's success relied in part because of his timing/explosiveness/technique. If we were to make a pie chart of how much each has contributed to his wins it would look like this.

3dfsfm.png

Given that explosiveness and timing are largely dependent on age, it would be irrefutable to assume that GSP maintained his peak physical form after that many years. This is further supported by GSP slow and sluggish performance against Bisping who was a man already set on retirement while training for GSP.

Khabib will be able to easily stuff GSP's archaic takedowns and demonstrate just how far MMA wrestling has come, by showing techniques that were never thought possible by GSP or any of his past opponents.

Although I think gsp is the much superior fighter, imo the biggest factor in his success vs Khabib will be his knee health.

What GSP needs to beat Khabib is better striking (which he obviously has), good tdd (which he has too) and solid bjj off his back (which he has too) in order to at least survive the mauling in the case he's getting taken down.
I am pretty confident in GSP's ability to beat Khabib, the only thing which concerns me with that fight is the fact that GSP is way tooo big to be his best at 155.

Hendricks wouldn't be considered well rounded even in olden times, he just caught up with tiring & fed up with the game GSP Johny just happen to have perfect timing, Johny just being BK fighter now shows you how limited he was as a mma fighter he couldn't continue.

he was still superior to wrestlers gsp was facing like Hughes, koscheck n Fitch

he had ko power n could actually mix it up on the feet

Honestly there have been some bad threads but this one is definitely up there as one of the worst.

So you are saying Hendricks was juicing before USADA then stopped once USADA was implemented. You are also saying GSP never juiced because he looked maybe bigger vs Bisping under USADA.

Just to be clear.
I'm saying anybody who needs IVs is either juicing or too big for the weight class, and I'm saying GSP stayed in the testing pool for 2 years and still never popped.

There is so much wrong with this post and far more qualified grapplers have explained that, technically, GSP was an extremely proficient technician.

Saying GSP was a mixture of athleticism and timing is over-exaggerating the reality. He had those things, but was also an extremely proficient technical fighter in how he executed his takedowns. While most of his wrestling did stem from leveraging double legs and to a lesser extent, clinch work, he had a large number of set ups and finishes for his double legs and clinch work, and could execute them regardless of whether he was in the center of the cage or near the cage itself. This is why GSP was able to land takedowns against every wrestler he faced in his career. Chael Sonnen said it best, GSP wasn't the most diverse wrestler in terms of breadth of techniques, but he was an absolute master at the handful of wrestling techniques he favoured, which frankly matters a lot when executing at the highest level.

Khabib is the same way frankly. He has his double leg, and if that doesn't work, he continues to work for it while mixing in cage work and trips to complete the takedowns. Khabib rarely approaches his takedowns differently. It's almost always about getting in on his opponents hips and if he's unable to finish there, chain wrestling them against the cage. An example of a highly diverse technical wrestler would be someone like Yoel Romero, who pulls out a colossal variety of entrances, chains, and finishes to his takedowns. Even someone like Cormier (though over time, his wrestling has appeared less diverse as he gets older, where now he prefers a handful of techniques he has mastered).

Your breakdown also completely lacks examples of technique for both Khabib and GSP. Hell, your writing on this lacks any sort of depth about the techniques employed. In my brief writing in this post, I've put more technical depth than you even attempted and I'm just responding with point-blank obvious comments.

In short, you just spewed a bunch of garbage with 0 substance. All a post like this does is show you don't have a clue on what you're talking about.

He basically only has a sloppy double. He don't want to take Khabib down anyway. He'll get subbed.

His best chance is to keep the fight standing.

There is so much wrong with this post and far more qualified grapplers have explained that, technically, GSP was an extremely proficient technician.

Saying GSP was a mixture of athleticism and timing is over-exaggerating the reality. He had those things, but was also an extremely proficient technical fighter in how he executed his takedowns. While most of his wrestling did stem from leveraging double legs and to a lesser extent, clinch work, he had a large number of set ups and finishes for his double legs and clinch work, and could execute them regardless of whether he was in the center of the cage or near the cage itself. This is why GSP was able to land takedowns against every wrestler he faced in his career. Chael Sonnen said it best, GSP wasn't the most diverse wrestler in terms of breadth of techniques, but he was an absolute master at the handful of wrestling techniques he favoured, which frankly matters a lot when executing at the highest level.

Khabib is the same way frankly. He has his double leg, and if that doesn't work, he continues to work for it while mixing in cage work and trips to complete the takedowns. Khabib rarely approaches his takedowns differently. It's almost always about getting in on his opponents hips and if he's unable to finish there, chain wrestling them against the cage. An example of a highly diverse technical wrestler would be someone like Yoel Romero, who pulls out a colossal variety of entrances, chains, and finishes to his takedowns. Even someone like Cormier (though over time, his wrestling has appeared less diverse as he gets older, where now he prefers a handful of techniques he has mastered).

Your breakdown also completely lacks examples of technique for both Khabib and GSP. Hell, your writing on this lacks any sort of depth about the techniques employed. In my brief writing in this post, I've put more technical depth than you even attempted and I'm just responding with point-blank obvious comments.

In short, you just spewed a bunch of garbage with 0 substance. All a post like this does is show you don't have a clue on what you're talking about.
He used the word “archaic”, that should be enough...

Back