Masvidal vs Conor Mcgregor BMF (Mega) Poll Added 12/1

Who would win this BMF fight?

• Total voters
Said it before the Askren fight and I'll say again Jorge is better than Conor everywhere except strictly counter punching and after what I saw last night, that's out the window too.

, Conor has only lost in the UFC to guys that outweigh him by 20lb+ walk around weight, and even then he avenged one of those loses.
Khabib does not outweigh Conor by 20 pounds.. height of delusion.
<{walkerwhut}>

I would love to see the Conor of old fight Mas but I just don't think that Conor exists anymore. This is a guy who had no problem fighting Max, Mendes, Aldo, Nate twice, Alvarez, was scheduled to fight RDA, challenged Floyd. Now he wants to handpick the easiest path back to a title shot, and it's clear he just wants the belt for ego purposes, doesn't have the hunger to truly be the best anymore.

I really don't think he even wanted to fight Khabib in the first place, but he knew he didn't really have a choice. Even on his best day Khabib was going to be a tactical nightmare for him to matchup against.

So no I really don't see Conor fighting Mas because there's easier opponents for him to fight against and a chance to stroke that massive ego of his, talk more shit, get his hype back, convince his supporters that he really is BACK even though it will all be a smoke and mirrors show.

The motivation for him to truly challenge himself just isn't there anymore.

Agreed, his next fight will tell us for sure if he's done.

You know what, I have to give you props. You're aren't being a blind nuthugger, you're being realistic about Conrad. And I know as a fan its gotta hurt seeing him reduced to this. Sure he's rich, but his wealth made him into a monster and he's shadow of his former self.

Cornroo is about to go on a coke rampage, retire and call out Edgar in the same night. Stay tuned.

{<Mcgoat}

Are you saying he shouldn't catch shit for raping women and hitting old men?

A strawman is when you invent an argument and attack that instead of what the person actually said.. look into it..

He deserves all the shit he's getting.. he's possibly a rapist and often a horrible human..

Does that mean he would lose fights to x fighter? Does that mean he lacks the balls to fight x fighter? Is it even related? Don't be a child, someones skill isn't related to how good or bad a fighter is as a person..

Believing that Masvidal would crush a fighter who hasn't had a good performance in 3 years does not equal having a "very short term memory".
I would say it really does, 3 years isn't a long time to have to remember Conor's qualities.

Yet again your wording is disingenuous, he's only fought once in 3 years.

Conor has really only had one bad performance in his UFC career, that was against Khabib, the Diaz loss he actually looked incredible until he gassed, that was more of a case of underestimating his opponent and being overconfident in his own stopping power 35lbs above his previous weight class.

Don't get me wrong, Conor may be done, if the guy that fought Khabib showed up Masvidal would beat him, but my point was if the best Conor turns up(and I don't know if that exists anymore) I'd pick Conor, he's simply at a higher level, which he's proven with his championship credentials.

So are him and Edgar. It didn't stop him from asking for that fight. And Edgar is even dropping to BW.

And go back a couple of years and he was ducking edgar.. edgar would absolutely outbox him, outcardio him, take him down and choke him out..

He cherry picked mendes who got the call 10 minutes before the fight and was hungover on his couch..

Conor is always ducking someone.. :D

I wish he comes back and ko's masvidal (who gets a well deserved red panty night) and revenges the khabib loss just so i can piss on the vultures on sherdog.. :D

Then he can die of an od and never be spoken of again..

Wait... you think the guy who lost to Thompson, Maia, Larkin, Henderson, & Iaquinta is a top WW? Some times when I see how easily the UFC propaganda machine works on people it legit scares me. I mean you can convince these people of fucking anything if you can convince them that Masvidal is a legit contender for the belt. This guy would get absolutely murdered by more than half of the people in the top 15 right now. Shit hes already lost to 5 of them and he doesn't stand a fucking chance against woodley, usman, or convington.

I really hope you don’t have any children with that attitude. Trying to convince your children that they’re failures and they’ll never be any good because of their losses.

thankfully we both know you’re a virgin

I would say it really does, 3 years isn't a long time to have to remember Conor's qualities.

Yet again your wording is disingenuous, he's only fought once in 3 years.

Conor has really only had one bad performance in his UFC career, that was against Khabib, the Diaz loss he actually looked incredible until he gassed, that was more of a case of underestimating his opponent and being overconfident in his own stopping power 35lbs above his previous weight class.

Don't get me wrong, Conor may be done, if the guy that fought Khabib showed up Masvidal would beat him, but my point was if the best Conor turns up(and I don't know if that exists anymore) I'd pick Conor, he's simply at a higher level, which he's proven with his championship credentials.

Yes, 3 years without a good performance is a long time in a fighting career.

You know what, I have to give you props. You're aren't being a blind nuthugger, you're being realistic about Conrad. And I know as a fan its gotta hurt seeing him reduced to this. Sure he's rich, but his wealth made him into a monster and he's shadow of his former self.
I'll be honest, it doesn't really hurt coz I no longer like the man, his actions in the last couple of years have changed my point of view, but I still highly rate his skillset, or at least the skillset he used to have, time will tell if he can still operate at that level, I still have hope that he can both rebound as a fighter and a person.

Yes, 3 years without a good performance is a long time in a fighting career.
Yeah, but that statement would mean a hell of a lot more of more if he'd been active, context matters.

I could respond by saying Conor put on one of the greatest displays in MMA history 2 fights ago and since then he lost to potentially the greatest ever MMA fighter.

Conor is a better striker than Masvidal who is a reformed point fighter. He also has beaten the best fighters in the world unlike Masvidal and usually wins his biggest fights unlike Masvidal who lost his title eliminator against Maia and also lost against Gilbert for the Strikeforce LW belt.

Hits harder? Conor has a better finishing rate.
Faster? Hell no.
Well rounded? I'll give you that.
Better kicks? Conor landed better kicks against Nate and his teep kicks are very good.
Gas tank? No question, Conor's biggest weakness.
Jorge just beat the brakes off of nate diaz. Conor barely squeaked by him. Masvidal is the far better striker, and if you think Conor landed better kicks you didn't watch the fight. Masvidal is better in the clinch too. Plus he's a bigger guy, stronger and faster. Doesn't wilt either. Nightmare match up for McMidget.

Masvidal doesn't fight small guys like Conor, and drain himself to make weight. If they fight, I'll bet a substantial amount of money on Jorge.

We'll see. If Conor wants a peice of Masvidal, all he has to do is say so. He will get that fight if he publicly calls for it. He just might. You never really know.

At his best, his timing and accuracy are too good. He might just smoke Jorge. As good as Jorge looked last night, Conor sat Diaz on his ass repeatedly in the first round of both fights. He completely out classed him on the feet until he got tired. I'd say he has at least a round or 2 to make something happen against Jorge.

You can hate on Conor all you want, but to deny his skill level is just ignorant. I'm not a fan, but when he's on, he's not an easy fight...especially if your thing is striking.

And go back a couple of years and he was ducking edgar.. edgar would absolutely outbox him, outcardio him, take him down and choke him out..

He cherry picked mendes who got the call 10 minutes before the fight and was hungover on his couch..

Conor is always ducking someone.. :D

The Edgar fight made sense years ago when they were both FWs. Do you really think that Conor is asking to fight Edgar at FW now?

Now Edgar is 38. The light at the end of his career tunnel is approaching fast and he is soliciting fights at 135 ffs. Fights that made sense years ago do not necessarily make sense now. That's how time works.

Back