Masvidal respond to sherbros obsessed with size.

This is just a guess, but I think a UFC level MW (probably walks around at over 200 lbs) would beat any untrained guy. Size & skills both matter, but at the size of a UFC MW, I think they're big enough & skilled enough to be able to overcome any untrained guy.

What I will say is I'm pretty athletic & fit compared to most people, on my first day of BJJ they had me rolling with someone much smaller, I was tapped out very quickly. Of course BJJ & a street fight are 2 different things, but skills do matter a lot IMO

He's talking about the morbidly obese that think they are the same as the behemoths in the NFL because they are the same weight, like half of Sherdog.

I have friends who laugh at UFC LWs because they're only 155 lbs. I even had a friend who claimed he would beat BJ Penn (prime Penn). He claimed he was too big & had too much heart. My buddy was a fat guy over 200 lbs, who had limited muay thai experience (1 yr).

Fact is, most guys in North America who are 200 lbs, are out of shape. If a avg 200 lb fat guy had to get in UFC fighter shape, they'd probably be at 155 lbs if I had to guess.

Go to any nightclub and talk to guys with fighting experience/security who had to deal with 2 meter 100+ kg bodybuilder on steroid who decided to fuck someone up...If you think your "martial arts training" "MMA" is worth shit in a real fight please go and get yourself killed, its better for mankind and the gene pool lmao.

I'll tell you the reality of a street fight...Fighting amounts to throwing fists. There are no kicks in a street fight. Throwing fists with power is something the average monkey can do easily. If you have 100+ kg of muscle throwing hands and grabbing you, even if you throw elbows/kicks, whatever the fuck you want...There will be no effect. In such a situation its survival and you have to hit the eye sockets, mouth, genitals, hell use a weapon like a bottle or knife, because if a big guy decides to jump you and fuck you up you are in for a bad night.

Let's have Masvidal please fight some relatively unskilled HW guy in UFC, we'll see how he fares
Yep and my golden gloves boxer friend(165) who wrestled one year in high school agrees with you about "hands". He put a dude in hospital with a broken nose, jaw, split lip and cheek. Steroid head. Over 250. Most people dont know how to punch properly and have 0 defense. Dude tried to swarm him and take him down but he sprawled and brawled. Only hit dude (in bar, I didnt see it but heard about it from friends) bout 6 x but they were all on the money and dude flailed widely. Have your ever seen someone geting hit with speed and power punches thats never really been hit or had any training in boxing? They put their arms out frankenstein style and try to parry with no head movement with eyes closed, meanwhile they are getting murked. So...yeah. Bout those muscles....

At least there were no dick picks in this thread.

Why on Earth would anyone presume a guy with no fighting experience could beat a killer like Masvidal? He may get a takedown but at 300 pounds, he's gassing within a minute. Like Masvidal said, he'd straight annihilate anyone inexperienced standing.

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you come on these boards?

Do you see constant "manlet" threads where posters insist they would kick the shit out of these manlets?

There are honestly people who don't train, and truly believe they would stand a chance against someone like Henry Cejudo. It's fucking hilarious.

Jorge "Jobber" Masvidal talking too much once again.

This subject is mostly debated amongst the untrained fan base. Anyone who spend a couple years training in either discipline knows for a fact how size doesn’t mean much. If you have a decently athletic 250+ guy who isn’t gun shy, sure, he could do some damage, but I’d always put my money on a professional fighter.

I would take an NFLer over a small welterweight.

As someone said, I think the whole "I can take him" thing applies more to how people see flyweights.

Of course he's right. Lots of big people out there who cant fight for shit.

I have very limited training and have fucked up a bunch of big bastards in street fights. Not JJ Watt level of course but not complete fat asses either.

I’m with street Jesus on this one.

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you come on these boards?

Do you see constant "manlet" threads where posters insist they would kick the shit out of these manlets?

There are honestly people who don't train, and truly believe they would stand a chance against someone like Henry Cejudo. It's fucking hilarious.
This was solved in ufc 1 don’t listen to those Cheeto fingered neck beards

I'm sorry. Point still stands. An awful lot of low level belts, and underwhelming black belts in mma right now.

And wrestlers. Really a huge advantage being a black belt or a quality wrestler in this climate
purple is not a low level belt bro. Legit purples can and do submit browns and blacks on the regular. They lose more often than not but they're arent beginners.

This is just a guess, but I think a UFC level MW (probably walks around at over 200 lbs) would beat any untrained guy. Size & skills both matter, but at the size of a UFC MW, I think they're big enough & skilled enough to be able to overcome any untrained guy.

What I will say is I'm pretty athletic & fit compared to most people, on my first day of BJJ they had me rolling with someone much smaller, I was tapped out very quickly. Of course BJJ & a street fight are 2 different things, but skills do matter a lot IMO

A middleweight?

My dude, whoever the 20th ranked lightweight is right now walks into a bar and beats the brakes off any untrained Joe.

People without training and experience are terrible fighters 7 days a week.

FFS

Of the countless fun examples, this is probably my favorite
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2015/02/josh-neer-posts-video-of-gym-beating-after-reported-challenge

Many years ago, Wilson Reis was a part time instructor at a gym I was visiting. He's a 5'4" flyweight. Wilson casually went around the room tapping each of us in succession, without using all his effort or remotely getting tired.

You literally cannot fathom how much better at fighting a UFC athlete is compared to a regular person.

This. Some of you don't understand or respect what training does. We are talking about 300 pound athletes without combat training. They aren't beating MMA fighters in fights. This shouldn't even be a discussion.
It'a pretty easy for a guy like gsp for sure, he just tired him out. Big athletes like laraque aren't built for that kind of endurance. And a guy like Jorge likely lands a sharp hard shot while a bigger guy just tries to bull rush in. And if the big guy does get to try and big man grapple him jorge is skilled enough to just snap a limb while the "super athlete" likely has no idea what hes getting locked up into.

If the 300lb guy manages to grab Jorge and rag doll him to the ground and sit on him it's a wrap, Jorge gases out eventually trying to push the fat ass off him and gets finished. Better yet, the fat ass completely blankets Jorge and suffocates Jorge to death after a handful of minutes. :rolleyes:

Doesn't take martial arts training to grab someone and throw their body weight around.
That is, quite literally, what wrestling and judo are. You think Masvidal is gonna let a dude twice his size grab him in any meaningful way??

Back