Masvidal respond to sherbros obsessed with size.

I remember when I was 300 pounds. Then I hit puberty.

I have a serious question for you all

DO ANY OF YOU ACTUALLY EVEN TRAIN IN MARTIAL ARTS?

EVERY. FUCKING. DAY. some 150 pound black belt chokes out numerous new 250 pound guys for their initiation. EVERY. FUCKING. DAY. a new heavyweight guy who wants to start boxing gets baptized by the smaller skilled man who beats the shit out of him to see if he can take getting hit and has the determination to stick with it.

I just can not fathom anyone who has actually trained in martial arts saying these fucking things. Are you all ACTUALLY weak loser incels in your mom's basements who don't know anything about fighting and have cuck fetishes which is why you worship "explosive" black athletes in the NBA and NFL?

I am beginning to think this is genuinely what is happening with this shit.
dude these 250 pound guys in ur mcdojos arent atheletes.

There's a KO barrier with weight . WW is on the good side of it lol

David Kaplan was kind enough to be an example
giphy.gif
He woke up and said he wasn't KO'd. I believe him.

With no martial arts training at all? Sure. But guys like greg hardy and brock lesnar are living proof that athleticism makes up for a lot of experience.

Edit: I know Brock Lesnar wrestled in college. My point was that I would pick Brock Lesnar before his first ufc fight to beat Masvidal now. Size matters when the big guy has even a little bit of skill.

"I can beat any 300 pounds guy in 10 seconds if h doesn't know what he's doing"

I don't think a college wrestling stud like Brock counts as "don't know what he is doing"....you would have to say that Demian Maia pre-mma fight didn't know what he was doing either....
I5AZD6Q.jpg

If he's talking about the morbidly obese, obviously.

If we're talking the behemoths in the nfl that are paid to eat and lift, I'll take the over.

Just cause you're big doesn't mean you got the balls to take a punch. Let alone the fighting skills.

With no martial arts training at all? Sure. But guys like greg hardy and brock lesnar are living proof that athleticism makes up for a lot of experience.

Edit: I know Brock Lesnar wrestled in college. My point was that I would pick Brock Lesnar before his first ufc fight to beat Masvidal now. Size matters when the big guy has even a little bit of skill.
You ignored the literal point he was making. A 300 pound guy with no training. Hardy and Lesnar both had at least a couple of years' training prior to actually fighting.

I say this in every thread when the topic gets brought up, but it's like a broken record on Sherdog. Every huge guy who came into the gym going too hard against smaller new guys or girls would get paired up with myself or another LW/FW in the next round and get their head banged in for 3 minutes. They'd quickly drop their pace or never return. Usually the later.

This would be at least a weekly occurrence. Not a single one would keep it competitive if they hadn't had prior striking experience. I'd take a hard sparring session against a completely novice 250 pound dude than an experienced and athletic featherweight any day. Nothing is easier to counter than a big dude who has no fundamentals.

and have cuck fetishes which is why you worship "explosive" black athletes in the NBA and NFL?

I am beginning to think this is genuinely what is happening with this shit.

Unfortunately this is exactly what it is.

The number of regular sized dudes foaming at the mouth over the size of big men (athletes, martial artists, boxers, actors... Hell even just big dudes out in public) is alarming.

Guys have become absolutely obsessed with size to the point that I think it's actually turned sexual. Look at the way Rogan acts over guys like Ngannou... All he can talk about is his impressive size and the relentless hunger with which he talks about it means there's an unsatisfied urge inside.

I honestly wonder, in a closed room and the prospect of nobody ever finding out, how far these guys would take their obsession with very big guys.

This is common sense. Experience beat no experience 99% of the time regardless of size.
BUT as the experience gap closes size becomes more important.
Bob Sapp would kill Mighty Mouse in a street fight if he could get a hold of him.
A few years ago that might have been true, but Sapp would tap in the first 30 seconds from MM's jab. He's a known diver who managed to get pay checks for years just tapping at the faintest sign of contact. He eventually even admitted to it.

Unfortunately this is exactly what it is.

The number of regular sized dudes foaming at the mouth over the size of big men (athletes, martial artists, boxers, actors... Hell even just big dudes out in public) is alarming.

Guys have become absolutely obsessed with size to the point that I think it's actually turned sexual. Look at the way Rogan acts over guys like Ngannou... All he can talk about is his impressive size and the relentless hunger with which he talks about it means there's an unsatisfied urge inside. I honestly wonder, in a closed room and the prospect of nobody ever finding out, how far these guys would take their obsession with very big guys.
Pretty strange observation. Which regular sized dudes are you talking to? And Ngannou is probably the biggest freak of nature the UFC has seen, why wouldn't Rogan bring that up? He talks about fighters publicly as a job for hours a week, every week, for years, and he gets a bit obsessive with plenty of fighters. Mighty Mouse and Ronda included, and they don't fit your profiling.

Your friend should be fired immediately. What good is a security guard that can't defend himself against someone half his size? I don't care how much training they have. Mighty mouse would have to jump as high as he can just to punch him in the face.
Low kicks and grappling works. BJJ works incredibly well on untrained ppl regardless of size. DJ is an incredible fighter, a 300lbs oaf isn't going to know how to defend a TD.

This. Some of you don't understand or respect what training does. We are talking about 300 pound athletes without combat training. They aren't beating MMA fighters in fights. This shouldn't even be a discussion.
Just wait until you hear ppl claiming "The Mountain" can literally rip the arms off of mma fighters competing below 170lbs. It's like people seem to think that bigger people automatically have the fighting ability to defend strikes and grappling exchanges.

Hardy also has over 4 years of MMA training.

Where is this notion coming from that Hardy isn't experienced? Full time training for 4+ years means he's equivalent to at least a First-Dan Master at this point (taking ranking from my Judo backround). Hardy has become a master martial artist at this point.
A first dan isn't a master by any means, it signifies a solid understanding of the fundamentals. BJJ is the only martial art where a 1st Dan can be considered a master. Hardy definitely knows what he's doing, he understands how to punch properly and how to evade and attack. He's not the best HW but compared to the untrained oaf he's leagues above them.

Yeah.. I'd take a prime Bob Sapp over him.

If he's talking about 300 lb fatass Americans, I mean yeah I'm 140 lbs and untrained and I'd kick their asses 50% of the time.

If we're talking about 300 lb athletes, no fucking way.

Sapp vs Hoost

I think people who keep stating Brock and Greg would beg to differ are missing the point here...as both of those guys trained...they both have martial arts experience, Lesnar especially had a ton of wrestling prior to even training for MMA....but make no mistake both of them had trained their asses off before ever stepping into a cage professionally....they don't just let them walk in without that.

Morons....everywhere.
There are retards that believe The Mountain can actually fight when there's a video of him boxing sparring and looking like shit and gassing after 3 mins. Just because a guy is big doesn't mean he's automatically going to have a natural affinity for martial arts. Martial arts is just like any other sport, it requires a certain type of aptitude. A great basketball player isn't automatically going to become a great soccer player.

So even though I see this issue both ways, I'll say this: There have been several times over the years where my professor entrusted me to live roll with the new(er) white belts that had some pretty clear signs of an acai-heavy diet until they either quit or toned down the spaz factor, this being after injuries were sustained by others of similar experience level. Typically, I would spend roughly the first 60-90 seconds of a five-minute round either maintaining guard with an elbow mushed into my face while he spazzed out trying to pass or being slammed repeatedly during scrambles. This process would generally result in gassing, at which point I'd be able to sweep/submit.

My point is, on pavement and with any and all wild strikes allowed, I'm not willingly jumping into that scenario unless I absolutely can't avoid it. So yes, to a degree strength/size present an X-factor for those of us with healthy egos.
BJJ is important to learn how to escape and feel comfortable in scrambles. It's not that easy to slam someone when they understand how to use proper BJJ fundamentals to escape bad positions. People overestimate what an oaf can actually accomplish in a fight.

What part of Greg Hardy's fighting style is athletic? More so then your average HW fighter?

Or are you blindly calling him athletic because he played football?
Most people automatically associate football with godlike athleticism, hence why they think Hardy is a freak. He's certainly more athletic than your typical useless HW with a mediocre resume. However, against top level competition, athleticism isn't going to act like a magical cheat code without any proper fundamentals.

Back