HEAVYWEIGHT COACH (why the average coach shouldn't be training heavy weights)

You mean like teddy Rainer?

Unlike guys who fought in lesser talent pools like yamashita in the late 70s and early 80s?

Oh btw you are not yamashita, you are not andy ruiz, you are not the exceptional outliner athlete.

You are just fat.

O yeah...teddy
the guy that became Unstoppable after they've banned grabbing legs in Judo...untill he got beat by a chubby athletes 1/2 his size

1584044134812.jpg

Hey while you're here what's the optimal physique for boxing?
1583239005682.jpg 1584043704197.jpg

Having a giant belly and giant titties means that you're not the best you can be. Having a fat coach with a big belly and giant titties just gives the fat "Athlete'' enough sympathy to keep the fat ''athlete'' from being the best he can be. I think OP is trying to make up an excuse of why HE couldnt/cant run. Imagine if everyone was so lazy that they made up excuses instead of putting in the work. OP wouldnt be 100lbs overweight, might of had a chance of being a top notch pro instead of sitting on sherdog all day. P.S. Rico Verhoeven wrecks every fat athlete you've posted O.P.
Screenshot_20200309-110008.png
Screenshot_20200309-105957.png
Screenshot_20200309-105857.png
Screenshot_20200309-105928.png
5'11" 289lbs 30%

*no titties

(next thing I'm going to get challenged to take my shirt off)

#my man is obsessed with man titties

they have a word for this I'm sure

Opinion only goes so far; everyone used to believe the earth was flat, was the centre of the universe, and that eating fat was always bad for you.
The fact that no heavyweight champions of note (or at least a very small number) were trained by ex-heavyweight fighters would suggest the weight of evidence is on the other side of the argument.

You're a coach who's an ex-heavyweight fighter (the holy grail...?), how many world champions have you trained? That question would be much more facetious if it weren't for the fact I've given an example of someone I know who was first trained in martial arts by a welterweight in a carpeted scout hut, who then moved to Thailand and became a world champion...

Well I might have been more successful if I ran a mixed martial arts Club out of San Diego California with a few few million dollar footprint but instead I was stuck in a small community center in Louisville Kentucky fighting like a lion just to keep the taxpaying citizens permission to use the establishment

But I did train a couple champions

For what its worth

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...lub-founding-fathers-of-american-mma.3991429/

club 3.jpg

Last edited:
Well I might have been more successful if I ran a mixed martial arts Club out of San Diego California with a few few million dollar footprint but instead I was stuck in a small community center in Louisville Kentucky fighting like a lion just to keep the taxpaying citizens permission to use the establishment

But I did train a couple champions

For what its worth

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...lub-founding-fathers-of-american-mma.3991429/

View attachment 746577
That's cool; no heavyweight champions though...?

Which one of these fighters runs for cardio...?

Ok you got me there

... see there's only two or three people on this forum that have your sense, recall and analytical nature

fun debate

However it wasn't a cardio problem that cost deontay that fight

it was the poundage largely precipitated from the illegal LACING slaps Fury kept hitting him with

5'10"" @ 290. Nah, I'll pass on the shirtless pic. Lol. I seen those tits on the other thread. Can't unsee

Okay, a different tack:

You're saying that there are some idiosyncrasies of being a heavyweight fighter that only someone who has fought at that weight can fully appreciate; those individuals (ex-heavyweight fighters) would be able to train and pass on that wisdom to a heavyweight fighter under their tutelage; however, they would not be able to effectively teach another (lighter weight) coach, and enable them to comprehensively train a heavyweight fighter?
Can you give any examples of those idiosyncrasies?

5'10"" @ 290. Nah, I'll pass on the shirtless pic. Lol. I seen those tits on the other thread. Can't unsee

Everybody knows you have an extensive online collection of man titties

It's only a matter of time as you keep teasing me about my "titties" and I get added to the collection

That's a slick technique you find a guy you're attracted to online you keep saying he's got man titties he's got man titties and he finally breaks down and proves it to you by sending you a shirtless photo

You know for the longest time I thought you were a Mindless twelve-year-old troll but now it's pretty clear that you're some kind of homoerotic freak who trolls the subforms looking for naked pictures of dudes who could beat you up

There's definitely a category of freak for you

# smarter than I thought

Okay, a different tack:

You're saying that there are some idiosyncrasies of being a heavyweight fighter that only someone who has fought at that weight can fully appreciate; those individuals (ex-heavyweight fighters) would be able to train and pass on that wisdom to a heavyweight fighter under their tutelage; however, they would not be able to effectively teach another (lighter weight) coach, and enable them to comprehensively train a heavyweight fighter?
Can you give any examples of those idiosyncrasies?

Yeah that's a pretty good synopsis

heavy weights are better at training heavy weights and light weights are better at training light weights because the weight classes are so radically different

I've got a mandatory Patrol but I will look for it some examples later

Suffice it to say it's largely due to cardio limitations punch output and ability to withstand damage

IE a 115-pound athlete could absorb a perfect cross from his opponent more readily than a super heavyweight

that's why they have such a lopsided weightclass knockout ratio

This guy just googles "fat champions" and posts pics.

If you were honest with yourself, and weighed maybe 230, you might have been much better in MMA/Boxing

224309_1023550156479_1980_n.jpg

222764_1023552116528_2212_n.jpg

ok here you go...enjoy!!!

@-guerilla- , what’s your opinion on heavy weight lifting for striking such as boxing? Personally I didn’t saw any major carryover. However I do like doing kettle swings.

So would you (if you were a coach) expect a super heavyweight athlete to do the same amount of rounds of jump rope as a 115 yet not expect the 115 to lift what the super heavy does in the weight room???

I would expect the super heavyweight to do the same amount and I would expect the lightweight to do the same amount of lifting as the heavyweight.

What you're comparing isn't exactly equal. A superheavyweight should be able to do the same amount of jump rope I would expect his intensity and speed at doing it would be slower, but cutting corners is just a cop out saying it's okay you're bigger you can do less work and hope your power gets you by. Saying he's bigger so he shouldn't do it is just a weak excuse. This is boxing, fitness is king.

Last edited:
Back