International Coronavirus Breaking News, v13: Over 21,000 Healthcare Workers From Around The U.S Heading To N.Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB-IMG-1584378079724.jpg

Wow, who would have ever thought this was going to happen as us as a specie three weeks ago..Crazy times...

I don't blame the employees, I can't wrap my head around why the owners would keep it open today. Who the hell is gonna buy a car today? I could see keeping the garage part open for service I guess. But the whole "people need to go to work to survive" dynamic isn't gonna hold up in this shit. Something very radical needs to be done by our government, like suspending mortgage and rent payments, things like that. This shit is spreading by the minute.
I think 'end-of-world' scenarios affect people in various ways, and people 'act out' in whatever way is possible. People that are normally frugal or savng money might change their outlook, like if we're all dead by next month why hold on to savings, might as well buy that new car, fancy bottle of wine, enormous box of chocolates, new/better whatever.

The last thing i bought before going home to 'self-isolate' was new pillows and luxury satin linen. Do i need it? No. But if i'm gonna spend the foreseeable future at home i want to sleep in fucking splendour.

It's almost like he realizes what he said on Friday was bollocks

• Johnson says people over 70 are being asked to avoid unnecessary social contact with other people.
  • He says the situation is particularly serious in London, which is several weeks ahead of the rest of the country in terms of the spread of coronavirus.
  • He says the government will not longer support mass gatherings.
  • Johnson says it looks as though we are approaching the “fast growth” phase of the curve. That means cases are expected to double every five days.
  • Families are being urged to stay at home for 14 days if any member of the household is ill, Johnson says.
  • He says it is time for everyone to stop non-essential contact with others. That means people should work from home where possible and avoid pubs, clubs and theatres.

Militarize the M25 shot to kill anyone trying to get out of London ........ nothing to do with coronavirus I just don't like Londoners .

It's almost like he realizes what he said on Friday was bollocks

• Johnson says people over 70 are being asked to avoid unnecessary social contact with other people.
  • He says the situation is particularly serious in London, which is several weeks ahead of the rest of the country in terms of the spread of coronavirus.
  • He says the government will not longer support mass gatherings.
  • Johnson says it looks as though we are approaching the “fast growth” phase of the curve. That means cases are expected to double every five days.
  • Families are being urged to stay at home for 14 days if any member of the household is ill, Johnson says.
  • He says it is time for everyone to stop non-essential contact with others. That means people should work from home where possible and avoid pubs, clubs and theatres.
0_collageBroris.jpg

No symptoms and feels fine. This is why we need to test more.

As usual, Trudeau doddling at the press conference. Probably has a dildo stuck up his ass.

STOP FUCKING CRUISING!!

Over 200 British and American passengers are among 609 people on a cruise ship in isolation in Recife in the north-eastern Brazilian state of Pernambuco, Dom Phillips reports from Brazil.

Two passengers have been removed for coronavirus testing from the Silver Shadow - a Canadian male passenger, aged 78, tested positive and an Irish woman tested negative, local media reported.

Sailing from Buenos Aires to Fort Lauderdale after stopping in Rio de Janeiro and Salvador, the Silver Shadow docked in Recife on March 12 and has been isolated there since the Canadian passenger left the ship, felt sick and was taken to a local private hospital.

According to a ship’s manifest seen by The Guardian, there are 109 British passengers – 62 female and 47 male – among the 318 passengers and eight British nationals among the 291 crew. There are also 103 US passengers.

A spokeswoman for the ship’s owners Silversea, part of the Royal Caribbean group, said:

Two guests aboard the Silver Shadow have been medically disembarked in Recife, Brazil, and one has tested positive for COVID-19. We have asked guests on the ships to temporarily remain in their cabins in accordance with our medical isolation protocols.

Olimar Cardoso, Pernambuco director of Brazil’s sanitary vigilance agency, ANVISA, told reporters on Saturday that passengers are only allowed to circulate around the ship in small groups and meals are left outside their cabins. “It is a situation nobody likes to go through,” he said.

A spokesman for the British embassy said it is working closely with Royal Caribbean on “how best to get British nationals home.” The US Consulate in Recife said it is “in contact with Brazilian authorities regarding the well-being and safety of U.S. passengers”.

A Pernambuco government spokesman said it has been meeting with health ministry, embassies and the navy to find a “safe way to return everyone to their countries.”

cruisin to their death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back