News CoronaVIRUS MEGA THREAD DEATH TOLL: 452,271

Are you scared of getting the Coronavirus?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been following reports online mainly.

I don’t need to personally know someone who is infected to validate my point.

Everybody has been following this 'online'
Nobody on Sherdog has had it, or knows anybody that has had it.
Everybody that has thought they had it hasnt been medically tested for it.
A friend had been to hospital last couple of days with her mother, talked to a nurse that said they had tested thousands of people in the last month, not ONE tested positive.
I not saying there isn't a virus, but we no nothing about this other than MSM reports ...

Everybody has been following this 'online'
Nobody on Sherdog has had it, or knows anybody that has had it.
Everybody that has thought they had it hasnt been medically tested for it.
A friend had been to hospital last couple of days with her mother, talked to a nurse that said they had tested thousands of people in the last month, not ONE tested positive.
I not saying there isn't a virus, but we no nothing about this other than MSM reports ...

Your logic needs some work.

I personally don’t know anyone that has been eaten alive by sharks, but I still know it’s not a good idea to go swimming with them.

I don’t need to personally know someone that has died from the virus to know that it’s a threat.

Look at the first hand reports, look at Italy!

The idea behind ‘herd immunity’ would be to slow the spread of the virus allowing health services to cope. Once a significant percentage of the herd develop immunity to the virus, the virus itself would be far less liable to spread and therefore die out over time, or at least allow us to manage it on a more sustained basis.

If Italy hadn’t locked down, you would very likely be seeing thousands of deaths per day just now. I can’t see how they had any other option.

its not binary 1s and 0s.

you can isolate and lockdown the high risk groups, without shutting down the entire economy.

I personally don’t know anyone that has been eaten alive by sharks, but I still know it’s not a good idea to go swimming with them.

Is that all you have to answer my questions?

Its because you don't know like the rest of us, nice try subverting the topic.

I've swum with sharks 100s of times and never been bit. (any surfer has) You are talking from fear and ignorance, not critical thought and rationality.

We don't shut the ocean down and cull all sharks when we get a few shark bites.

I've swum with sharks 100s of times and never been bit. (any surfer has) You are talking from fear and ignorance, not critical thought and rationality.

Replace “swimming with sharks”, to “wrestling with tigers” ... you get my point.

I would say that you are being ignorant, look at Italy.

Look at Italy, look at the first hand reports.

MSM reports ..

Yeah I been look bro .. i have used a vpn to get real italian reports .. they are all the same.. very much lacking in any real quality or depth .. also no footage or pictures of any real carnage, because carnage is what there reporting, a few military trucks driving down a street, the same tent hospital from a few different angles. a ward with some people in it.. I cant find any carnage..
I hope pray that this is a media breed catasrophy and thousands havn't lost their lives I really do..

its not binary 1s and 0s.

you can isolate and lockdown the high risk groups, without shutting down the entire economy.

Exactly. Which is why you presenting three very distinct scenarios isn’t accurate.

We can lockdown parts of the economy to slow down the spread of the virus and protect those most vulnerable.

No lockdown whatsoever simply isn’t a viable choice.

MSM reports ..

Yeah I been look bro .. i have used a vpn to get real italian reports .. they are all the same.. very much lacking in any real quality or depth .. also no footage or pictures of any real carnage, because carnage is what there reporting, a few military trucks driving down a street, the same tent hospital from a few different angles. a ward with some people in it.. I cant find any carnage..
I hope pray that this is a media breed catasrophy and thousands havn't lost their lives I really do..

Of course they have.

You would need pretty much the entire health service to be ‘in on it’.

Of course they have.

You would need pretty much the entire health service to be ‘in on it’.

Would you?
How ? do the health service do the reporting?

Or is that the reporters that do that?

Exactly. Which is why you presenting three very distinct scenarios isn’t accurate.

We can lockdown parts of the economy to slow down the spread of the virus and protect those most vulnerable.

Thats exactly what we have been saying and what these overpaid politician dickheads will be soon forced to do anyway due to "prisoners dilemma"

And also adopt and enforce preventive measures for broader populace..gloves, masks, sanitation etc

It is accurate, you just can't think past 2 weeks and have a limited scope of critical thinking.

I never said anything about doing no lockdown, I'm talking about the inevitabilities of what will happen.

The virus isn't just going to disappear and we won't have a vaccine this year.

As I said in the post you quoted me on, we need to implement a smarter lockdown plan that focusses on the at-risk groups and maintaining the functions of our economy as best as possible.

its not a binary "100% lockdown or zero lockdown" decision.

I would say that you are being ignorant, look at Italy.

I have looked at it. I've even provided insight and statistics in this thread on the last couple pages. Go read them and let me know how ignorant i am.

MSM reports ..

There are orbitiaries with pages of dead bodies in Italian news papers.

Would you?
How ? do the health service do the reporting?

Or is that the reporters that do that?

So then you would need the entire national press AND the health service to be ‘in on it’.

Do you know think some of the tens of thousands of doctors and nurses in Italy might contradict the reported situation if it was innacurate?

We have no idea what this virus does long-term either, kids might all be sterile in 10 years or some such bullshit.

I don't think experts are able to have a nuanced discussion of risk so much is unknown. Sherdog certainly can't, but it can look silly arguing over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back