News Jon Jones arrested for DWI and Firearm Charges

What will the UFC do?

• Total voters

Lethal

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score

Admin note: Hi everyone, welcome back the forums. We migrated our servers, so we had some expected downtime. We're glad to be back, and in time for the insane news that broke this morning. We know you're dying to talk about it:

Edit: The migration is taking longer than we expected, but we are still working on it. Trust me, we're chomping at the bit to get this show on the road too.

On Thursday morning, KOAT 7 News in Albuquerque, New Mexico, reported that Jon Jones has been arrested and charged with multiple offenses. Those charges include an aggravated DWI, the negligent use of a firearm, possession of an open container of alcohol in his vehicle and operating a vehicle without insurance.

According to arresting officer Brian Johnson, gunshots were heard after 1 a.m. on Thursday in Albuquerque, and officers responded to the scene. They found Jones in his vehicle, where Jones claimed he was unaware of shots fired. Upon questioning, Jones admitted he had been driving, while officers took note of his potential intoxication. He was given a sobriety test, which led to a Breathalyzer where he blew over two times above the legal limit.

When searching his vehicle, the police found a handgun under the driver’s seat, as well as a partially-empty bottle of Recuerdo -- the tequila brand launched by fellow UFC fighter Jorge Masvidal -- behind the passenger seat. Jones was subsequently charged with aggravated DWI, the negligent use of a firearm, possession of an open container at that time. When checking his information, the police also discovered he was driving an uninsured vehicle, or at least one that did not have its papers in the confines of the vehicle.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/U...ggravated-DWI-Negligent-Use-of-Firearm-172003

So, what do you think? Will this blow over, or is the UFC actually going to do something now? Either way, please use this thread for all things Jones and his driving and gunning.

Last edited:
Me coming back from the sherdog hiatus specifically for this thread:

vQZhcQk.gif

Last edited:
He knew Sherdog was down and thought he could run amok without us finding out.

Probably didn’t even know about the quarantine. Just wondered why there were so few pregnant women driving around for him to T Bone.

Last edited:
Someone managed to make a thread about Jon Jones during the migration <Lmaoo>

Oh man the video of the arrest was funny as fuck. After the first fuckup, he should have just said "ok fine, just take me to jail"

In the span of the arrest, he claimed anxiety, short term memory, tried to blame Corona and I think here was another not coming to me at the moment.

Oh ya, claiming to be helping the homeless.

Thanks to another sherdogger reminding me, I can add claiming his inability to count backwards, is because of his daughters dyslexia.

Last edited:
Idiot. Still the GOAT but what an idiot.

He’s lucky things are somewhat on hold. The UFC might not strip him depending how this plays out

If they do, then Reyes vs Thiago Santos

Damn.. He might actually get jail time. Probably a month or so. Shit happens.

Still unbelievable how skinny those legs are

Last edited:
Someone test that breathalyzer to make sure it’s working properly. I’m pretty sure it was his ADHD and daughter’s dyslexia that caused all of this.

I've been waiting to flame Bones on Sherdog for 24 long ass hours...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Víctor Hugo Teco
Back