International Coronavirus Breaking News, v13: Over 21,000 Healthcare Workers From Around The U.S Heading To N.Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just love how many authoritarian 'alpha males' get exposed by... science, ultimately, despite all their raging and posturing.

Coronavirus: Belarus president refuses to cancel anything - and says vodka and saunas will ward off COVID-19

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...and-saunas-will-ward-off-coronavirus-11965396

This virus doesn't care about their tantrums, it doesn't bend to their will, because it's just that.

Then again, lots of people around the world are the same when they say we 'cannot shut down the economy for longer than a couple of weeks' when clearly, yes, we can - we just don't want to (and there are reasons for that). But again, this virus doesn't care about your preferences, career, constitution, or dictatorship.

I mean, can't people just be reasonable? Go outside. Walk your dog. Play in your yard. Just stay away from people who don't live in your house FFS. How difficult is that really? My IQ isn't Neil De Grasse Tyson-level but I've managed to figure it out. I get that some people have it tougher, they live in more densely populated areas, etc. But for the most part in this country, you can do it just using a bit of common sense. We are fortunate that way.
Well some here seem to think the virus is an ever evolving entity that can reach speeds of up to 55 mph chasing hosts down and can tell when a potential host is inhaling. I’ve been here since page one and the only thing that has mutated is people’s stupidity....

I just love how many authoritarian 'alpha males' get exposed by... science, ultimately, despite all their raging and posturing.

Coronavirus: Belarus president refuses to cancel anything - and says vodka and saunas will ward off COVID-19

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...and-saunas-will-ward-off-coronavirus-11965396

This virus doesn't care about their tantrums, it doesn't bend to their will, because it's just that.

Then again, lots of people around the world are the same when they say we 'cannot shut down the economy for longer than a couple of weeks' when clearly, yes, we can - we just don't want to (and there are reasons for that). But again, this virus doesn't care about your preferences, career, constitution, or dictatorship.

Its like for the first time this Politicians are facing a chalenge they cant bully their way thru.

I think the Brazilian president also said some thing stupid recently.

LOL bitch please.
We've been making moonshine for 2000 years, you think THIS is punishment? :D
My laundry room currently has about 20 gallons of various recipes fermenting.

What a brilliant idea! Let's start a clean energy economy by overhauling the entire society with costly infrastructure while the country is in enormous debt and most people are struggling to get back on track financially. What could go wrong? I hope these retard politicians are including major paycuts to their own salaries and reducing the size of this bloated government as part of the restoration plan.

Look at the stupid comments in this vid, climate change idiots who don’t understand boats stir up silt making water cloudy... it’ must be the pollution. I had at least 3 idiot friends quote this video and how this is a sign we should all die off. I wish people knew how to understand basic things for themselves and not be led like sheep.

just got off the phone with my mom.

she was crying, talking about how so many people are dying..

heart breaking to say the least.

Ah, this is one of many reasons why I love Orange County :)

just got off the phone with my mom.

she was crying, talking about how so many people are dying..

heart breaking to say the least.

People in her vicinity / she knows? Or in general?

What a brilliant idea! Let's start a clean energy economy by overhauling the entire society with costly infrastructure while the country is in enormous debt and most people are struggling to get back on track financially. What could go wrong? I hope these retard politicians are including major paycuts to their own salaries and reducing the size of this bloated government as part of the restoration plan.

why is CB still prattling on about this now that her portfolio has changed

I know we have all been parroting that 10-20% need ICU, and that death rates spike when ICU's are filled but NY has 60k cases. ICUs should be filled, and we should be seeing 400 to 500 deaths a day in NY.

There are 146k active cases in the US. We should be seeing 2-3k people dying daily in the US, instead the total number of deaths is 2.6k since the start.

I am not a denier of this thing being deadly, or social distancing etc... Just saying this may be a little over hyped. I've been following this since mid January and expected it to be a shit storm, we aren't really seeing that. The exponential growth isn't continuing it's trend and perhaps that is the quarantine doing it's job. We expected Italy's numbers to hit 1k deaths, then 2k deaths, then 4k deaths etc. What we are seeing is it hovering around 600-800 a day.

The state of Washington which was one of the earliest hit should be pouring in deaths daily. It's at 200 deaths total.

I think Fauci said it best a couple of weeks back. If it looks like we're overreacting then we did a good job.

People in her vicinity / she knows? Or in general?

in general.

she lives in Flushing over here in Queens. Elmhurst is the area that got hit the hardest, & it's about 15-20 minutes away. that's actually where I was born.

Elmhurst is a hotspot, very popular in Queens. for me personally - all the hottest chicks I've ever met are from Elmhurst.

For the Flu Bros...

You’ve all been arguing that the flu kills 30-60k people a year.

So let’s do some math.

60,000 deaths / 50 States = average 1200 deaths per state per year.

1200 Deaths Per State Per Year / 12 months = Avg 100 deaths a month per state

NY had 1200 deaths this month. With extreme measures in place.

How is leaving this unchecked the best option?

You should know by now that debt means nothing to our government. It's never going to get paid down.

Wisconsin had 14000 new cases today...? or is this lag reporting? edit: now those numbers are gone. It had the us at 27,000 new cases today.. Weird

For the Flu Bros...

You’ve all been arguing that the flu kills 30-60k people a year.

So let’s do some math.

60,000 deaths / 50 States = average 1200 deaths per state per year.

1200 Deaths Per State Per Year / 12 months = Avg 100 deaths a month per state

NY had 1200 deaths this month. With extreme measures in place.

How is leaving this unchecked the best option?

Can you quote one person saying to leave this unchecked now?

Wisconsin had 14000 new cases today...? or is this lag reporting?

Wait what? I'm in WI. Are you fucking serious? We had like 1200 confirmed last I heard, WTF???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back