International Coronavirus Breaking News, v13: Over 21,000 Healthcare Workers From Around The U.S Heading To N.Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a few numbers on India's healthcare system:
  • 1 Doctor for every 16,000 people
  • 1 isolation bed for every 84,000 people.
  • 40,000 ventilators for 1.3 Billion people.
https://indianexpress.com/article/c...1-quarantine-bed-per-36000-govt-data-6326015/

There's really nothing they can do other than a total and complete lockdown of the entire country, because if it starts spreading there, the death tolls would be nothing short of catastrophic.

They're finally make some preparations now 3 months after the fact, but time is on nobody's side:

I hope their families understand that virus-infested droplets can either falls down or carries by the breeze, and take necessary precautions when approaching the makeshift tree pads to replenish supplies.

Last edited:
Guys Japan has a super elderly population, has done nothing to contain the spread, downplayed testing and treating it in order for the Olympics to make it. and had cases back at the start of February. They have 54 total deaths.

They also have 13 hospital beds per 1000 people, making them the world leader among developed countries (in comparison, Canada has 2.5). And they all wear facemasks like there's no tomorrow. But yeah, I expect the reported cases to skyrocket now that their precious Olympics have been "saved".

If any one country is going to see a 7 figure death toll, India is it.

Once again I'll give @MusterX the credit for calling this out. He was the first one (that I saw anyway, maybe someone else did too that I missed) that pointed out just how bad it could and potentially will get in India.

Hopefully they somehow avoid it becoming as bad as it could be.

Wow. Would "I'm taking a walk with my wife and kid to get some exercise, and we are staying well away from other people" be a "good reason"?
I don't know, depends on the person asking willing to accept your answer.

Okay kinda figured that.

There are still tons of people hitting up lakes and parks, though. To the point where they have had to close them because people continue to congregate in groups. There are also plenty of neighborhood parties going on. Cops are mainly busting up egregious violators or gatherings at this point. Far from a dystopian society at this point.

Once again I'll give @MusterX the credit for calling this out. He was the first one (that I saw anyway, maybe someone else did too that I missed) that pointed out just how bad it could and potentially will get in India.

India has been known even in the ancient times foe tremendous human suffering that it led Sidjarta Gautama to ponder on the meaning of life and enligntennent and in turn created Bodishm

There are still tons of people hitting up lakes and parks, though. To the point where they have had to close them because people continue to congregate in groups. There are also plenty of neighborhood parties going on. Cops are mainly busting up egregious violators or gatherings at this point. Far from a dystopian society at this point.
They don't have the manpower to be dystopian in the States with just police forces.

They also have 13 hospital beds per 1000 people, making them the world leader among developed countries (in comparison, Canada has 2.5). And they all wear facemasks like there's no tomorrow. But yeah, I expect the reported cases to skyrocket now that their precious Olympics have been "saved".

Given their extreme amount of elderly and population density.. whether people had been tested or not the deaths should be ROLLING already. One would think they'd be easily over 50 deaths a day, not 50 total.

I mean, can't people just be reasonable? Go outside. Walk your dog. Play in your yard. Just stay away from people who don't live in your house FFS. How difficult is that really? My IQ isn't Neil De Grasse Tyson-level but I've managed to figure it out. I get that some people have it tougher, they live in more densely populated areas, etc. But for the most part in this country, you can do it just using a bit of common sense. We are fortunate that way.

Not sure at which point did you joined this series, but India was mentioned within the first 5 pages of v1, and for good reasons :)

At first people were even surprised that this virus didn't come from India, but then comes all the videos from the Wuhan wet markets.

Not sure at which point did you joined this series, but India was mentioned within the first 5 pages of v1, and for good reasons :)

At first people were even surprised that this virus didn't come from India, but then comes all the videos from the Wuhan wet markets.

About...hundreds of pages later ha ha.

What a brilliant idea! Let's start a clean energy economy by overhauling the entire society with costly infrastructure while the country is in enormous debt and most people are struggling to get back on track financially. What could go wrong? I hope these retard politicians are including major paycuts to their own salaries and reducing the size of this bloated government as part of the restoration plan.

I mean, can't people just be reasonable? Go outside. Walk your dog. Play in your yard. Just stay away from people who don't live in your house FFS. How difficult is that really? My IQ isn't Neil De Grasse Tyson-level but I've managed to figure it out. I get that some people have it tougher, they live in more densely populated areas, etc. But for the most part in this country, you can do it just using a bit of common sense. We are fortunate that way.

I agree. This is one month of our lives. I've already been doing it for two weeks by choice and it hasn't been that bad. I've been lucky enough to be able to work from home and I live alone. But I have taken the opportunity to catch up on reading, watch movies and shows I've never seen. I've even played online poker games with friends in lieu of our occasional in-person games. People are either ignorant, don't give a shit, or a combination of both.

Ya I’m in Irvine , tons of old people, many Chinese elderly as well. Surprised it didn’t pop off earlier. I’m basically guaranteed to not leave my pad for the next 2 weeks to a month. That’s a long ass time to not go anywhere but no way I’m risking it.
I'm still working, though mainly from home, so I have to leave the house at least once each work week. I'm over in Tustin where we haven't been hit as hard but it is only a matter of time since we border Irvine.

What a brilliant idea! Let's start a clean energy economy by overhauling the entire society with costly infrastructure while the country is in enormous debt and most people are struggling to get back on track financially. What could go wrong? I hope these retard politicians are including major paycuts to their own salaries and reducing the size of this bloated government as part of the restoration plan.

LMAO @ congress voting themselves a pay cut.

They are likely crafting a bill right now that gives them the right to boot another citizen of their choice off a ventilator in the event that the DC area runs short...

"The bloated shall perish"

They don't have the manpower to be dystopian in the States with just police forces.

Don't you ruin my vision of living in a world where I can enact my wet dream of being able to commit justifiable homicide protecting my canned food horde!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back