We keep seeing lockdown on Sherdog. Khabib now using it. How many of you are going into work?

Im working in a homeless shelter for first nation and id rather be in quarantine. If one of our guy get the corona, everyone get it they are so closed to each other.. and its not really fun right now working.. specially when most of them take everything for granted and shit on you as soon as thing doesn't go their way.

I decide to go to work because i feel like thats the right thing (also bc paid double) but lots of my colleague prefer to stay safe at home because they are scared, but honestly they are a bunch of lazy fuck IMO. If everyone stop working because they are scared the world will end

I am working because pharma is essential. Fighting is not essential.

I'm a shop teacher, here in Canada we are deemed as non essential, but they are keeping us on our normal salary and we work from home.

So basically Im just going to take things apart in my home shop, video it, and teach students that way.
They already passed all the students to the next grade level,shut down the school's till next school year and said that students can learn "if they want to", so I'm not expecting a ton of students to participate.

The issue with this is that people still working are people in jobs essential to maintain life and in most cases, because they cannot afford to not work. We shouldn’t fault fighters for doing the smart thing and staying home, which literally every health official that knows more about this than anybody here, is advocating for.

I still go to work with more than a hundred people, there's no lockdown in my country. But I sure as shit would not fly to a foreign country to do it under these circumstances.

My entire office (over 1000 ppl) have been WFH since 2 weeks. The whole company has moved to home office. That's how it should be.
My office is smaller (250-300 people) but we’ve also been working from home. Anyone that didn’t have the ability to work from home has been furloughed. And there may be more layoffs to come.

My office is smaller (250-300 people) but we’ve also been working from home. Anyone that didn’t have the ability to work from home has been furloughed. And there may be more layoffs to come.
"furloughed" - new word acquired

You sure it has nothing to do with fur?
Sounds like someone is "loughing" at your fur.

source.gif

"furloughed" - new word acquired

You sure it has nothing to do with fur?
Sounds like someone is "loughing" at your fur.

source.gif
Haha that’s what they’re calling it at work, rather than calling it a lay off. Sounds nicer I guess, but also these co-workers aren’t truly laid off. They’ll have their jobs back when this blows over. At least, that’s the plan. I have a team of 5 people that report to me, and all are furloughed. So all of their work has become my work :) It’s hectic, but keeps me employed.

I saw Khabib's instagram post recently about how whole countries are in lockdown. Celebrities and famous sports athletes are in lockdown.

Khabib isn't the only one to talk about country lockdowns
but
What does that really mean?

I am making this thread while I am at work.

I haven't stopped working since the virus came into the media's sight.
I will continue to have to go to work.
Millions and millions of people still have to go into work, from country to country. Not work from home, but actually go into work.

People make it seem like no one is going into work, which is false.
I know many others personally that are still having to go into work.

I live in Wisconsin and work in a homeless shelter.
I still have to go into work just like my boss and co workers.
I go to the grocery store the same as normal and there are people working there.
I still go to the gas station to get things like normal.
Pizza is still being delivered to people's houses.
I have friends that are still going into work.

People act like the word lockdown means absolutely nothing is in operation. That isn't true.

If you don't want to fight and you fear for your safety then just keep it at that, but don't go about it like if you fight you'd be the only one going into work.
If I was the manager of
Taco Bell I would so fire you
<mma3>

I work as a software engineer. Switched to working form home about 3 weeks ago. Maybe once a week for an hour or two I go into my lab at work when I'm the only one there to change around some instrumentation but for the most part I just stay the fuck home

I saw Khabib's instagram post recently about how whole countries are in lockdown. Celebrities and famous sports athletes are in lockdown.

Khabib isn't the only one to talk about country lockdowns
but
What does that really mean?

I am making this thread while I am at work.

I haven't stopped working since the virus came into the media's sight.
I will continue to have to go to work.
Millions and millions of people still have to go into work, from country to country. Not work from home, but actually go into work.

People make it seem like no one is going into work, which is false.
I know many others personally that are still having to go into work.

I live in Wisconsin and work in a homeless shelter.
I still have to go into work just like my boss and co workers.
I go to the grocery store the same as normal and there are people working there.
I still go to the gas station to get things like normal.
Pizza is still being delivered to people's houses.
I have friends that are still going into work.

People act like the word lockdown means absolutely nothing is in operation. That isn't true.

If you don't want to fight and you fear for your safety then just keep it at that, but don't go about it like if you fight you'd be the only one going into work.

Are schools open?
Are bars open?
Are restaurants open?
Are hair salons open?
Are nail salons open?
Are theaters open?
Are government buildings open to public?
Are county buildings open to public?

Yes, there are places open for work that are essential in most states, but a lot of non-essential businesses are not open and a lot of people are losing jobs because of this virus. You working in a homeless shelter would probably classify as an essential business so you are open.

Most construction is still in operation

I have been working from home since the stay home thing started. I work in IT so it's not that different honestly. My entire office is closed and we only have office services people going in a few days a week to create shipping labels and ship/receive things.

You're as dumb as the dumb homeless motherfucker in working with. Yeah bro half of the business of the world are closes because of cough and some sniffles. Millions will die in usa and economy will be crushed. I hope you were sarcastic
Millions my ass.

i left my job on the 16th will not go back till may or june, one of my co workers gf is a flight attendant, another co worker went to the hospital on the 15th for a fever i found out on the 16th late in the day and bounced

usa needs strict rules on the lock down in order for this to pass if everyone is claiming essential this essential that and going about there lives the same nothing will change

I work for a private law firm. We’re gonna be working till the end of days. Matter of fact, when all y’all are dead, it’ll just be us, insurance companies, and roaches.

Haha that’s what they’re calling it at work, rather than calling it a lay off. Sounds nicer I guess, but also these co-workers aren’t truly laid off. They’ll have their jobs back when this blows over. At least, that’s the plan. I have a team of 5 people that report to me, and all are furloughed. So all of their work has become my work :) It’s hectic, but keeps me employed.
Woah, that's a crappy deal if you ask me. Where are you based? The US? Europe is much more protective of its workers and their income.

Its not a lockdown.

Public transportation is still running.

The post office is still running.

These are not essential during a lockdown in the year 2020.

Back