UFC Fight Night 172 Eye vs. Calvillo

Rosa is the worst fighter in flyweight. He had a split against Jobby Sanchez !!!
Im happy to bet Espinoza at this odds , he should be like -900
I knew you wouild respond first lol. What makes Espinoza that much better?

Athletism
Wrestling background
BUMbelbee is coming from ko loss

I have him in a parlay with Merab
Ye I agree after research. I was thinking Rosa due to the pressure, better boxing and smaller cage. But he is too one dimensional for me. And even though he gases Espinosa at least has solid output for all 3 rounds. Rosa also has no head movement and Espinosa seems to have power and his kicks and punches

Ye I agree after research. I was thinking Rosa due to the pressure, better boxing and smaller cage. But he is too one dimensional for me. And even though he gases Espinosa at least has solid output for all 3 rounds. Rosa also has no head movement and Espinosa seems to have power and his kicks and punches
I bet for this event
Merab
Vettori
Espinosa
Good luck Steve

I'm torn on discount Barboza... I mean Espinosa. Tall man defense, questionable cardio, either loads up for heavy strikes or spends his time circling the cage. He should win but his pocket boxing isn't great either.

I think 135 benefits him though hopefully he isn't as depleted. He should overwhelm Mark. I'm worried his output drops off and Mark out points him with forward movement and volume though.
Probably going to bet Espinosa and cross my fingers, I think he'll have 10-15 extra pounds on Mark by fight night.

I'm torn on discount Barboza... I mean Espinosa. Tall man defense, questionable cardio, either loads up for heavy strikes or spends his time circling the cage. He should win but his pocket boxing isn't great either.

I think 135 benefits him though hopefully he isn't as depleted. He should overwhelm Mark. I'm worried his output drops off and Mark out points him with forward movement and volume though.
Probably going to bet Espinosa and cross my fingers, I think he'll have 10-15 extra pounds on Mark by fight night.
Woooow this is at 135lbs ?
Rosa is undersized even for flyweight. Dude should fight at atom weight.

I was originally worried that De La Rosa may be able to take Espinosa down and submit him in the smaller cage as Espinosa's style relies on having space to move but upon further review, DLR TD's are so telegraphed I don't see it being a very likely outcome. I'm actually surprised so many people are betting DLR, I'm hoping for slightly improved odds or an advantage on the prob line before I commit though.

Same, but after research, De La Rosa has no volume edge. Reason why his Sanchez fight was a split is because he wouldn't throw and couldn't take him down. He was also getting countered when coming in , due to the lack of head movement. Espinoza gets tiered I guess, but I dont really see a drop of in his volume. He finished his second DWCS opponent in the third, and in that fight he was gassed half way through the first lol. If I could trust Rosa to follow a game plan and throw much more volume then yes I would hit it hard.

I just put 500 on Espinosa, which is a solid amount for me. but I am hedging it with Rosa by DEC, odds are insane.

I was originally worried that De La Rosa may be able to take Espinosa down and submit him in the smaller cage as Espinosa's style relies on having space to move but upon further review, DLR TD's are so telegraphed I don't see it being a very likely outcome. I'm actually surprised so many people are betting DLR, I'm hoping for slightly improved odds or an advantage on the prob line before I commit though.
Mark is so weak, if he would fight his wife than I would max bet Montana

I thought he looked decent taking Kai's back and dealing some damage. That said KK France isn't very good and Mark looked undersized at 125.

Mark is so weak, if he would fight his wife than I would max bet Montana
I'm glad you said it, not hard to see who wears the pants there. Hell most of his twitter is him retweeting her stuff. She bets fights too, I wonder if she ever bets him?

Tapology has the fight listed at 135 and I hope so. Another plus Espinosa *should have a full camp since he was already scheduled to fight Zhalgas Zhumagulov this Saturday. At least before the world went ass over tits.

Same, but after research, De La Rosa has no volume edge. Reason why his Sanchez fight was a split is because he wouldn't throw and couldn't take him down. He was also getting countered when coming in , due to the lack of head movement. Espinoza gets tiered I guess, but I dont really see a drop of in his volume. He finished his second DWCS opponent in the third, and in that fight he was gassed half way through the first lol. If I could trust Rosa to follow a game plan and throw much more volume then yes I would hit it hard.

I just put 500 on Espinosa, which is a solid amount for me. but I am hedging it with Rosa by DEC, odds are insane.
He always looks pretty rough in r3 though. He has some weird luck getting breaks due to fouls late in fights too or the ref cleaning water from the mat. He seemed to spend that r3 recharging for a big shot but it worked. Hope he at least brings some more cardio at 135.

Last edited:
For how good Merab has looked and how bad Borg looked last fight the odds are still way too wide, Merab struggled with Frankie Saenz not too long ago, I am taking a small stab on Borg.
borg didnt look bad at all in his last fight..

Well I don't know about that. I had money on Borg, I was shocked at how easily he got taken down over and over again. Yeah he was ok in the 3d round, and his striking whenever he actually let his hands go was alright but still a very disappointing performance in my opinion. It could be he is just too small for the 135 lbs division. I guess we will know more after this fight.

Last edited:
His boxing looked solid but Simons striking is pretty bad. I think Borg is too small for 135. Ricky ragdolled him like Borg usually does fighters when he misses weight.

Good picks and very smart guy, at 37:00 he says the same thing I was writing here.
Im always saying,, numbers dont fight"
He doesnt look at numbers by picking The fighter too

Last edited:
Merabs loss against Saenz was the biggest robbery in ufc ever. Frankie did nothing but still got The win

I think Zarrukh may end up being a favorite and rightfully so. Hedge with Nam ITD

completely agree my man, glad to get him as an underdog
really a dude with a 3-1 record should be the favourite?? I don't know anything about this guy but that looks extremely underwhelming.

Looks like Aguilera was rocking the wolfman look until a few days ago. Hope he has spent more time on his cardio than his hair care.

ap_860204038.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandim
Back