Stipe Miocic: Average Striking, Average Wrestiing, Below Average Subs, Average Speed, Good Gas Tank.

Stipe is elite. Great chin, cardio, tdd, hits fucking hard....looking damn good at 38 years old. He is OLD.

Ok bud.

Name any fighter and I can write a paragraph about how they arent any good.
There are plenty that did not get obliterated in their primes by the Keith Jardine types of the world.

Bud.

2 years ago I was just like you
I thought Stipe was overated..
But he beat the fuck out of elite wrestlers, elite boxers, elite you know what..... he's the goat.
deal with it?
<TrumpWrong1>

Average striking and average wrestling? LOL, give me a break. Both are among the best at HW

HW is least skilled division. Stipe is a little bigger than LHW. As explained Stipe fight IQ is very good. Otherwise well rounded not great but not one dimensional in striking and grappling so he can adjust to his opponents that are often more lopsided in an area. The DC KO was not a fluke but Stipe adjustments in last two fights minimized that weakness. Other big HW can’t hit like DC in the clinch. Good cardio and pacing helps a lot too. Stipe barely beat DC this 3rd fight but he fought smart to deny any big shots or TDs.

I mean, i could post gifs of pride legends getting slept cause i know what your end game is here. But i kinda wanted to have an actual discussion.
You could? When they were young and/or during their Primes like Stipe?

Please do...I want to see the videos you have of Nog and Fedor getting slept in their Primes.

*Getting popcorn now!!

He wins because of his fight IQ and well rounded skill set. He's a jack of all trades, master of none in a division where almost everybody has one or two glaring weaknesses. He is A or A- relative to the division wherever the fight goes. He also throws straighter punches than most HW and has a respectable chin.

Also average/low fight IQ. He literally forgot to use the body shots after 2 rounds of their third fight.

No, he abandoned the body shots to focus on smothering DC in the clinch, which shut down DC's offense late in the fight and prevented a fifth round rally. Smothering DC in the clinch also took away the short right hook, which is DC's most effective punch.

Stipe is one of the few fighters in the HW division capable of making major in-fight adjustments. LOL @ him having a low fight IQ.

This is NO hate thread, Stipe is solid and to be respected for overachieving but as far as skill-set....

I think the thread title about sums it up. Where does he really excel?

The appropriate comparison would be the HW Rich Franklin. Another OHIO guy.

Hard working, Solid, Cardio, delivers results but.....does not pass the eye test.

Even the most staunch Stipe supporters(All 2 or 3 of them) can not argue this at all.

Where does he stand out that would even qualify him as the “Baddest Man” nonsense.

“Evolution of MMA, EVOLUTION OF MMA” ~ <30><30>

Come at me bro.
Ngannou doesn't have even this and he is considered as one of the most scary dudes out there atm. Hw it is what it is. Also Stipe has great heart.

While you can see my response, and I fully support Stipe here, the fact you try to put him as GOAT is probably one of the reasons he gets pushback (hate) in these boards.

He's not a can nor he is GOAT.
If you think he is, it is fine, just stop screaming it like it is unanimous. That's what creates more haters.
It's Fedor or Miocic, depends on one's pov. I, like many others, choose Miocic as I think Pride was just a big Circus. It's not like I'm a Stipe fanboy.

yes he is mediocre, the rock could beat him after training for 3 months.

Being well-rounded is one of the biggest assets an MMA fighter can have. Stipe has knockout power with good boxing that differentiates him from others in the weight class.

This is NO hate thread, Stipe is solid and to be respected for overachieving but as far as skill-set....

I think the thread title about sums it up. Where does he really excel?

The appropriate comparison would be the HW Rich Franklin. Another OHIO guy.

Hard working, Solid, Cardio, delivers results but.....does not pass the eye test.

Even the most staunch Stipe supporters(All 2 or 3 of them) can not argue this at all.

Where does he stand out that would even qualify him as the “Baddest Man” nonsense.

“Evolution of MMA, EVOLUTION OF MMA” ~ <30><30>

Come at me bro.

He's a very good pugilist and a solid wrestler.

2 years ago I was just like you
I thought Stipe was overated..
But he beat the fuck out of elite wrestlers, elite boxers, elite you know what..... he's the goat.
deal with it?

Which elite boxer did he beat?

Back