Stipe Miocic: Average Striking, Average Wrestiing, Below Average Subs, Average Speed, Good Gas Tank.

All you little dick retards should be ashamed of yourselves for reaching so hard to discredit the UFC HW GOAT

giphy.gif

but.....does not pass the eye test.
How do you figure? He isn't super jacked. His physique is definitely attainable

Anyone of those guys in their early to mid 30’s without 12-17 years of fight mileage?

Ah yes, Stephan Struve....

tumblr_mb6hgiS6Bc1rg8g1xo1_500.gif

He's never been one of my favorites. But at a certain point, you can't just keep explaining away his success. He has a looot of wins, a lot of wins over some very solid fighters too. It might be time to just accept the fact that maybe he is that good.

Last edited:
Anyone of those guys in their early to mid 30’s without 12-17 years of fight mileage?

Ah yes, Stephan Struve....

tumblr_mb6hgiS6Bc1rg8g1xo1_500.gif
Much like his loss to DC, this can be credited to an eye poke.

Also he fights at HW
Dudes get knocked out

It's actually shocking he hasn't been knocked out more

Also sonned the fuck out of Ngannou who is arguably the scariest puncher in UFC history

Keep reaching

giphy.gif

Right after DC's loss, this forum is suddenly being drown to these Stipe hate threads..
DC fans please let it be... Stipe dominated DC and is the UFC HW GOAT.. It is what it is.
Stop these Stipe hate threads. We had it enough.View attachment 792809
While you can see my response, and I fully support Stipe here, the fact you try to put him as GOAT is probably one of the reasons he gets pushback (hate) in these boards.

He's not a can nor he is GOAT.
If you think he is, it is fine, just stop screaming it like it is unanimous. That's what creates more haters.

This post shows a lack of intelligence on your part, which is not surprising as INTELLIGENCE/FIGHT IQ are Stipe's greatest points (which you completely miss).

Stipe's greatest point is the fact he quickly, and accurately, assesses how to beat his opponent. In other words Fight IQ "live, on stage."

Stipe is also quick for a heavyweight, and he doesn't wind up on his punches, trying to kill anyone. Instead, he lets his hands go freely, with proper form, and with minimum energy expenditure.

Stipe has good instincts, and he is also fearless. For example, where everybody else backs away from Francis Ngannou, Stipe took it to his ass, accurately read & immediately-exposed his weaknesses, and eventually broke Ngannou's little spirit.

I just said all this in another post, but I think it is now well established that Cormier's KO was a fluke, not to be repeated again.

Stipe may not be "great" at anything, but he is really good at everything.

I will again repeat: he has no fear of any opponent ... and he uses proper, effortless technique, quickly developing/executing his game plan, while assessing his opponents in real time, right there as it's all happening. I think Stipe has the best natural instincts of any heavyweight out there right now.

EDIT: I will also add that Stipe's fight IQ is what will prove to be Jones' downfall, should the two ever face each other. Jones will have met his match in this regard, in a bigger stronger opponent.
100% agreed. If jones struggles at all to get the TD, and dosen't land an early oblique kick to really mess up stipes base and knee then Jones is in trouble. Jones was struggling dealing with Reyes's punches. Stipe starts landing his punches on jones like that and Jon is getting finished.

His striking, particularly his boxing, is well above average which is why his right hand is constant doom for everyone he fights. An "average" striker (by UFC standards) doesn't crush Ngannou on the feet the way he did.

His wrestling is also well above average even if not DC or Jon Jones level. His wrestling against Ngannou was way more effective than Blaydes'.

And as others have said, Stipe also excels in fight IQ and adaptability. Very few guys show the level of adaptability he did across the last two DC fights. In the first fight he got destroyed by DC's tricky dirty boxing game. In the second fight he was wise to it although DC didn't attempt it too much since it was mostly a boxing match. DC ruined his eyes and was winning but he found something that worked with those hooks to the body and finished the fight right then and there. With the third fight, DC went back to that dirty boxing and was having great success with it at first, but then he realized he can just push DC against the fence to nullify that.

His fight IQ was also on display in both JDS fights and the Mark Hunt fight, perfectly shutting down their strengths by keeping JDS pinned against the fence where he's helpless and by using his reach against Hunt and setting everything up with the jab.

Considering the average heavyweight is anywhere from 32-35 what does it matter? Werdum never beat anyone below the age of thirty after coming over from Strikeforce
I didn’t realize Werdum was like 38 when he beat Cain

Stipe is not young - I find it funny people will make excuses for other guys being old, but stipe is supposedly so young and in his prime when he’s pushing 40. The fact is he might just be pretty good that despite his old age he’s still hanging on, where as other guys aged and weren’t able to perform as successfully

100% agreed. If jones struggles at all to get the TD, and dosen't land an early oblique kick to really mess up stipes base and knee then Jones is in trouble. Jones was struggling dealing with Reyes's punches. Stipe starts landing his punches on jones like that and Jon is getting finished.

Yep, Reyes is a puny, weak (short-winded) boy compared to Stipe.

Jones will find himself mentally dominated, physically dominated, and he will also be facing a man who pours it on in the end as well ... and outweighs him by 30 pounds.

If Jones truly has the cajones to face Stipe, he will go back down the LW immediately after, find Reyes to be a breeze by comparison.

This is NO hate thread, Stipe is solid and to be respected for overachieving but as far as skill-set....

I think the thread title about sums it up. Where does he really excel?

The appropriate comparison would be the HW Rich Franklin. Another OHIO guy.

Hard working, Solid, Cardio, delivers results but.....does not pass the eye test.

Even the most staunch Stipe supporters(All 2 or 3 of them) can not argue this at all.

Where does he stand out that would even qualify him as the “Baddest Man” nonsense.

“Evolution of MMA, EVOLUTION OF MMA” ~ <30><30>

Come at me bro.

I agree with everything you said.

His striking, particularly his boxing, is well above average which is why his right hand is constant doom for everyone he fights. An "average" striker (by UFC standards) doesn't crush Ngannou on the feet the way he did.

His wrestling is also well above average even if not DC or Jon Jones level. His wrestling against Ngannou was way more effective than Blaydes'.

And as others have said, Stipe also excels in fight IQ and adaptability. Very few guys show the level of adaptability he did across the last two DC fights. In the first fight he got destroyed by DC's tricky dirty boxing game. In the second fight he was wise to it although DC didn't attempt it too much since it was mostly a boxing match. DC ruined his eyes and was winning but he found something that worked with those hooks to the body and finished the fight right then and there. With the third fight, DC went back to that dirty boxing and was having great success with it at first, but then he realized he can just push DC against the fence to nullify that.

His fight IQ was also on display in both JDS fights and the Mark Hunt fight, perfectly shutting down their strengths by keeping JDS pinned against the fence where he's helpless and by using his reach against Hunt and setting everything up with the jab.
I was saying back when they had their first fight he should work the clinch against the cage. He’s strong as an ox, has a solid wrestling pedigree and is much taller. For those of us that have wrestled or grappled before, having that height advantage plays a role in being able to maintain control, especially when he is strong af and was a NCAA wrestler. It just made sense, it stops DC from being in the center of cage using his speed and other advantages.

A lot of the sherdog arm chair analysts insisted DC was too good of a wrestler for this to happen

He has one of the best boxing in HW and MMA in general.

His gas tank for a HW is actually very prime Cain like. Theres nothing average about Stipe.

He is susceptible to getting caught in exchanges and he hasnt displayed any submissions (doesnt need it anyway) but overall Stipe skillset is one of the best all around fighter P4P

2 years ago I was just like you
I thought Stipe was overated..
But he beat the fuck out of elite wrestlers, elite boxers, elite you know what..... he's the goat.
deal with it?

Back