Who won Edgar vs Munhoz

Who won ?

• Edgar

• Munhoz

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
I thought Munoz would get the nod 48-47, but definitely a hard fight to score. I felt that rd2 was a relatively easy call for Frankie, while the rest were much closer.

Frankie landed so many nice combos, while Pedro's leg kicks and power were a big factor for him.

Anik was quite right to remind Cruz that aggression and fight area control are NOT considered in the scoring unless effective striking and grappling is judged to be even.

Munhoz. Hopefully they never book Edgar in a main event again.

Edgar outstruck munhoz in total and significant strikes in every round except the 1st.

Going 'psshk psshk' throwing air punches to shoulders and arms. Would any sensible person say Frankie's punches were as hard and did as much damage as Munoz?

Frankie limped out the Octagon completely battered with both eyes closed up. He took a pretty serious beating.

I wouldn't have complained at all if munhoz got the decision but it was razor close. I had it for Edgar

This was not a close fight to score and its patently absurd to give 3 rounds to Edgar. This is the height of bad judging. Edgar danced away from the action and threw combos to nowhere most of the fight.

Munhoz got jobbed. Frankie got the proverbial " mercy win".
On paper, numbers might be even and thsts why Cruz should just stop doing this commentating thing. One guy was hurting the other guy and the other was not. I'm happy for Frankie ( but sucks for pedro) and we didnt have to see edgar throw a temper tantrum after a fight he lost..... and he lost that fight.

Where's your loyalty, FRANKLIN?

The fight was inconclusive. I don't know why judges feel like there must be a winner. If there is no finish, then judges should be thinking "I am going to score this a draw, unless one fighter clearly shows he is one step ahead of his opponent."

How would you score this a draw though? Fights are scored round by round, not as a whole.

You're only going to get a draw if every round is scored 10-10 or if at least one round is a 10-8. Both of which would be absurd.

Edgar nutriders are so bad they had him winning the Ortega fight.

How would you score this a draw though? Fights are scored round by round, not as a whole.

You're only going to get a draw if every round is scored 10-10 or if at least one round is a 10-8. Both of which would be absurd.

1st - draw
2nd - Edgar
3rd - draw
4th - Munhoz
5th - draw

Or they both got 2 rounds each with 1 being a draw

I guess advancing the whole fight doesn't mean shit? The fight was close in terms of total strikes, ground game non existent Munhoz out struck him in 2 rounds an advanced the whole fight. I had it for Pedro 3-2

Edgar outstruck munhoz in total and significant strikes in every round except the 1st. That has to be taken into account too. Also munhoz through the the first 4 rounds was wearing it way more.on his face which also might away judges.

I wouldn't have complained at all if munhoz got the decision but it was razor close. I had it for Edgar

No he didn't. He actually was behind in signficant strikes in every round besides the 2nd. Pedro landed a higher % too.

L8txcRK.jpg

I know we have a fair bunch of edgelords and autists around here, but this is like Sherdog being a meme of itself.
It's not my fault you think winging punches are so amazeballs when tight, clean punches can do just as much damage.

Cool words though. "edgelord"....my fuck.. lol

Very close, awesome fight.

I scored it 48-47 Edgar, but 49-46 either way is reasonable.

I accept the judges decision. However, I am just saying, in my useless opinion, I am not convinced either fighter "beat" his opponent. I am comfortable with a contest ending in a draw/inconclusive. Especially, in a sport that does not have an objective scoring criteria.

So, if we were debating Edgar vs Munhoz in the future, with UFC fans who didn't watch the fight live, then we should be careful about using words like "Edgar beat Munhoz," because saying that is not the same as saying "Figueiredo beat Benavidez."

Conclusion, these types of fights need some context while being discussed, and I am not a fan of the "context" argument. So, for myself, I say the fight was inconclusive. Edgar didn't prove to me that he was better than Munhoz tonight. The same goes for Munhoz.

Just an irrelevant opinion from a dude who just watches the sport.

This is not a robbery. I watched with music on. What was the commentary like? It seemed super close, but muhnoz did more damage.

Pedro seemed better off because his chin is off the charts

Going 'psshk psshk' throwing air punches to shoulders and arms. Would any sensible person say Frankie's punches were as hard and did as much damage as Munoz?

Frankie limped out the Octagon completely battered with both eyes closed up. He took a pretty serious beating.

This was not a close fight to score and its patently absurd to give 3 rounds to Edgar. This is the height of bad judging. Edgar danced away from the action and threw combos to nowhere most of the fight.

Weird. I thought Edgar was landing cleaner all night to be honest. His right hand and his left hook seemingly couldn't miss. It's just Munhoz had a power advantage. The only round I decisively gave to munhoz was round 4

This is not a robbery. I watched with music on. What was the commentary like? It seemed super close, but muhnoz did more damage.

Pedro seemed better off because his chin is off the charts

They acknowledged that it was a close fight with no real loser.

Back