Crime Police Shoot Man In Back, Riots and Unrest Ensue

Well now I am reading this guy had already shot some one before the conflict in the video so I am no longer sure if this was self defense. Or wtf is going on.

I was in no way saying those people had any right to attack him or that he didn't have the right to defend himself.

I also think it's obvious he was looking for a fight.
Or maybe he just honestly thought the rifle would be sufficient deterrent to stop one without having to fire it and might even *gasp* keep someone from lighting a business on fire. You have to admit, most people acting peaceful and rationally, especially during a simple protest , aren't going to be crazy enough to actively try an assault someone carrying a rifle. Why that would make no sense at all would it and would hardly be in keeping with their non-violent professed intent.

I also think it's obvious he was looking for a fight.

He is seen cleaning up the city and scrubbing graffiti off buildings. Has a video stating what he is doing out there. Doesn't retaliate to getting pepper sprayed and is running from people trying to attack him.

Obvious, come on man. You can think what he did is stupid but that is just disingenuous.

Well now I am reading this guy had already shot some one before the conflict in the video so I am no longer sure if this was self defense. Or wtf is going on.

He was attacked and shot a guy in the head after trying to run away from him. He was then chased again and shot the others.

He shot three people. All three could be considered self defense.

Looks more like he went to help others clean up graffiti and protect private property from more looting and arson. Smartly, he brought a firearm in case of attack by the criminals he was there to deter. When running away failed, he was forced to defend himself form great bodily harm.

Did he know someone there? Why would he enter into a hostile situation for strangers just to clean up graffiti? I saw the pic of him doing it so I do believe he was there to help, but he brought a rifle he didn't own just to clean up someone else's business he doesn't know? Doesn't really make sense to me.

He is seen cleaning up the city and scrubbing graffiti off buildings. Has a video stating what he is doing out there. Doesn't retaliate to getting pepper sprayed and is running from people trying to attack him.

Obvious, come on man. You can think what he did is stupid but that is just disingenuous.

There's a pretty clear difference in character between him and the guys he shot.

Nothing so far says he was looking to kill people, you need evidence to support this, the way he picked his shots and did not fire at will is hard to afirm he traveled to kill.

From the small details I've read on here, the kid didn't own the rifle, is underage, and brought it to defend businessmen from another state? Perhaps if he owned the rifle, was defending his business on his state he would likely be found not guilty. But it looks like he drove to another state with the intentions to kill even if he shot in self defense. It's clear the mob went after him and tried attacking him so he had to defend himself. But inserting yourself in a problem that you have no business being involved with in the first place looks bad for you imo

This world is full of sin and death, please turn to Jesus who conquered both sin and death to give you everlasting life. Repent and turn away from your sins and follow Him. This world is on its way to hell, please don't go along for the ride.

Looks more like he went to help others clean up graffiti and protect private property from more looting and arson. Smartly, he brought a firearm in case of attack by the criminals he was there to deter. When running away failed, he was forced to defend himself form great bodily harm.
The irony of this is ... I saw his other pics. He’s the last thing you’d consider a badass. He looks like the guy that gets bullied in Hs. Wouldn’t last in a fist fight.

But with that gun the took out 3 thugs. One of the was armed and more experienced, looked to be more equipped. He would have been dead for sure it he didn’t use that gun. The huge black guy tried a running kick on his head while he was on the ground. Looks like the good guy won last night

From the small details I've read on here, the kid didn't own the rifle, is underage, and brought it to defend businessmen from another state? Perhaps if he owned the rifle, was defending his business on his state he would likely be found not guilty. But it looks like he drove to another state with the intentions to kill even if he shot in self defense. It's clear the mob went after him and tried attacking him so he had to defend himself. But inserting yourself in a problem that you have no business being involved with in the first place looks bad for you imo

This world is full of sin and death, please turn to Jesus who conquered both sin and death to give you everlasting life. Repent and turn away from your sins and follow Him. This world is on its way to hell, please don't go along for the ride.

He has a right to open carry and he has a right to peaceful assembly. So as long as he was within those rights he will probably be ok. Was the incident a perfect example of self defense? Probably not, but we won’t see many that are.

Did he know someone there? Why would he enter into a hostile situation for strangers just to clean up graffiti? I saw the pic of him doing it so I do believe he was there to help, but he brought a rifle he didn't own just to clean up someone else's business he doesn't know? Doesn't really make sense to me.
Some people are more altruistic and civic minded than you, believe in law and order and apparently willing to take a stand when government won't.

I say we just let all the rioters shoot it out and get it over with.

How stupid do you have to be to go to the riots.

Don't know if he knew someone or not. Doesn't matter to me. He wasn't the only guy out there with a gun looking to deter more random destruction of private property. And he wasn't the only guy from out of town (eg. 2 of the thugs who were shot).

Maybe he didn't want to get beat up like the old man who confronted similar criminality while unarmed.

Back