Media Frank Mir's 17 year old daughter makes her debut in 2 days, thoughts?

I cant imagine watching your daughter get her face smashed at only 17.. I'm assuming shes mostly ground based.. but this seems a little risky.

Edit cant embed video

I have seen videos of Bella Mir ragdolling men in wrestling. Honestly, from what I have seen of this girl. You should be more concerned about her opponent.

Ushering your daughter into WMMA, in particular, seems incredibly curious. But I guess if she wants this lifestyle for herself more power to her. If I were a Father that's not the path I would want for any kid. If she is a good athlete why not point her in the direction of a more lucrative sport?

For Women, MMA is one of the most lucrative sports they can do. I believe only Tennis pays more

Most female sports pay is trash but the UFC policy guarantees equal pay across genders.

So long as she doesn't try and steal anyone's strawberries...

Why would you put your daughter through fighting business?

Just because you were good at something doesn't mean kids should be created in your own image. Top athlete kids almost never live up to expectations.
There's plenty of athlete's kids who have success as professional athletes. Patrick Mahomes' dad was an MLB pitcher. Steph Curry's dad was in the NBA. Peyton Manning's dad was in the NFL. Mohammed Ali's daughter Laila was an all-time great female boxer. Kobe's dad was in the NBA. Dale Earnhardt Sr/Jr. Floyd Mayweather Sr/Jr. Ken Griffey Sr/Jr. Bobby/Barry Bonds. Bobby/Brett Hull, both Hall of Fame NHLers. The whole current Blue Jays infield had fathers who were great players. The list goes on and on and on.

Damn. Straight into fighting at that age. Well,shit.

There's plenty of athlete's kids who have success as professional athletes. Patrick Mahomes' dad was an MLB pitcher. Steph Curry's dad was in the NBA. Peyton Manning's dad was in the NFL. Mohammed Ali's daughter Laila was an all-time great female boxer. Kobe's dad was in the NBA. Dale Earnhardt Sr/Jr. Floyd Mayweather Sr/Jr. Ken Griffey Sr/Jr. Bobby/Barry Bonds. Bobby/Brett Hull, both Hall of Fame NHLers. The whole current Blue Jays infield had fathers who were great players. The list goes on and on and on.
Those are all well paid sports. Top tier boxers pocket tens of millions of dollars for a fight while MMA fighters beg Dana for 50Gssss. There is little to no reward in the MMA for women unless you are a Rhonda Rousey who was a trailblazer or dominant champ like Lioness. If you want your kids to live off a combat sport give them a proper direction and leave your emotions out of it.

Those are all well paid sports. Top tier boxers pocket tens of millions of dollars for a fight while MMA fighters beg Dana for 50Gssss. There is little to no reward in the MMA for women unless you are a Rhonda Rousey who was a trailblazer or dominant champ like Lioness. If you want your kids to live off a combat sport give them a proper direction and leave your emotions out of it.
Or maybe Mir got her involved in BJJ when she was young cause it's something that he knows and loves, and she happened to be really good at it and wants to pursue fighting? Seems weird to make the assumption that Frank is forcing her to be a fighter.

Rory MacDonald and Jordan Mein were 16! And Yadong Song was 15!

Song Yadong provided paperwork saying he was 18.
He looked 18 at the time, and there was no reason to believe otherwise back then.
The promotion, which was backed by the Chinese government, has rules that stipulated all fighters must be 18. His 身份真 said he was of age at the time, so I'm still skeptical about his age to this day.

Or maybe Mir got her involved in BJJ when she was young cause it's something that he knows and loves, and she happened to be really good at it and wants to pursue fighting? Seems weird to make the assumption that Frank is forcing her to be a fighter.
Nothing wrong with pursuing BJJ career without getting your brain moved around on daily basis. I highly admire the likes of Gathje and Ferguson but would like people who I hold dear to go through the same experience.

I imagine the next step is Bella Mir in Bellator.

c2UeHf.gif

Back