• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can UFC f*** off with broadcasting tweets in the middle of fights?

You know something that irks me too

The whole
Betting thing.

why is their odds now some sort of stat like ‘height’

oh wow Walt Harris is +110 interesting.

then during the fights they push how the lines have moved?
Yeah no shit.. he’s getting his arse kicked, I’m not blind?

American football is the 2nd biggest sport in the world and by far the biggest in America because of gambling. Thats why they do it.

the way the UFC is run is just fucking cringy. I would seriously like to know who the fuck is in charge of quality control on things... who thought putting corny ass tweets up during the fight was cool? I get it. They have a lot of twitter followers and fighters on Twitter.... awesome. But I don't care to see these during the fight. On top of that, just overall piss poor marketing and decision making. At least Zuffa attempted to do things even if they were legit hacks that had no idea how to appeal to people. These new owners are absolute trash and are ruining MMA. It's clear they only care about making back their investments because they got royally fucked up the ass in terms of what they paid for the UFC.

It's just a pop up on a screen. Angry? It doesn't anger me one bit I don't even bother to read most of them

Yeah I bet he's foaming at the mouth in anger... really, how much of a lack of understand of people do you have to think because they swore they're angry? I swear everytime I get into a discussion with someone and they begin to not have a point, all of a sudden I'm "angry". Kids these days are fucking sad.

Most of them are garbage but I do get a good laugh at some of them

Yeah, it's distracting, especially when the commentators keep drawing attention to them. If I wanted to know what people were tweeting I'd look on Twitter.. I guess it's to encourage celebs to tweet about the event and make the UFC look more like a big deal.

Couldn't agree more.

I don't see tweets during NHL games or Wimbledon, why should this be any different?

I'm with the TSer. Especially with it being a digital subscription only format with the PPV, ESPN app needs to make a way on which the tweets can be disabled.

Now the first response about the betting lines? Disagree, I love them.

Honestly UFC production went to shit after Goldie left...not sure if there is a correlation due to change in ownership with WME or Goldie was right that a lot of great people who were family were let go of aside from Rogan who is the usual shill. The fighters themselves are great I still enjoy the fights which is what matters a ton however the production went to shit.

For example, many NBA fans feel that after the playoffs left from NBA around 2002 that ABC and Disney pretty much diluted and ruined the production.

The golden era was when Bruce Buffer was repping Xyience by Xenergy
When and how did the playoffs left the NBA?

What I want to know is what did LL Cool J find so funny to warrant a laughing emoji? Mother fucker tweeting like a teenage girl over here.

You know something that irks me too

The whole
Betting thing.

why is their odds now some sort of stat like ‘height’

oh wow Walt Harris is +110 interesting.

then during the fights they push how the lines have moved?
Yeah no shit.. he’s getting his arse kicked, I’m not blind?

Both are annoying as hell.

I think they do the Tweets because UFC is owned by a corporation with Hollywood connection. So they try to cross promote to make each other relevant.

For the betting lines, they probably own a percentage in one of those gambling/sports fantasy sites that has ads during the event.

The opening betting lines are now sponsored by Draft Kings, they had their logo on the right of the fighter info during the Buffer fighter announcements

It's a win-win for both the UFC and the "celebrities". The UFC get free marketing from the celebs, and the celebs get free marketing from the UFC.

the tweets are annoying and take away from the fight for sure.

The worst was the Rock. "yeah im not gonna watch the fights bc i'm lifting weights but will check the highlights later". lmao what was that.

During the Whittakeer fight, those fuckers poped up every second - hugely distracting, and honestly who gives a flying fuck what a A or B or C level hasbeen celebrity thinks the score is?

Awful marketing idea, whoever thought of that should have been ignored or financially punished, for thinking social networking in the middle of the fights is what's going to elevate UFCs popularity with the general public..

Fight themselves are interesting enough - no need to distract them with huge pop ups like it was a damn internet ad on a shitty website

Just look at this horseshit:

cQ0y6TL.png

xhUTiQ8.png

After paying 60 dollars you still get blasted with 200 different ad's, logo's, tweets and other bullshit. You'd expect less shit if you pay big.
--

My wish is someone like Mike Perry does a tweet during the fight in between rounds

“getting my ass kicked... whatever.”

Back