Israel Adesanya opens as heavy favorite over Jan Blachowicz

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
According to Sportsbetting.com, Adesanya opened as more than a 2-to-1 favorite to beat Blachowicz when they are expected to clash in 2021.

Jan Blachowicz +210

Israel Adesanya -250

Based on those odds, a bettor would have to place a $250 wager on Adesanya to make $100 back if he was victorious. On the other side, a bettor could place a $100 wager on Blachowicz and make $210 back if he’s able to defend his title.

Of course those odds won’t be anything new for Blachowicz, who has found himself in this same position in the past.

Ahead of his title fight against Dominick Reyes at UFC 253 in September, Blachowicz closed at similar odds with most making him a 2-to-1 underdog going into the event. Blachowicz ultimately dominated Reyes in the fight before earning a second round knockout to claim the vacant title.

Blachowicz will face a similar situation with Adesanya, who has quickly become one of the most talked about fighters on the entire UFC roster.

As of now, there’s no word when the champion vs. champion fight will take place but with the UFC’s scheduled booked through the end of the year, early 2021 appears to be the most likely candidate.

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Blachie could be a decent bet at those odds. Might be worth seeing if they don’t get higher though since there is such a discrepancy in name value.

Jan:

ImmenseAccurateIcterinewarbler-size_restricted.gif

Wait on the dum dums to bring that line down. Jan has nothing but a puncher's chance.

Jan's only got a puncher chance, but if he lands... that chin will crumble. I'm surprised tho. I would've guessed odds at +300 at least

If Jan was slightly faster there could be some merit to dropping a coin on Jan, but as it is, Jan moves like a blob of molasses compared to Izzy and will end up getting outstruck.

Jan should be at like +400 or something.

Israel went life and death with Gastelum . One mistake and it's lights out ,Easy fight for Jan
Thats a bad assessment. Kelvin is so damn fast, maybe faster than Izzy. Not only that but he has far superior striking to Jan [maybe the best boxing at WW], with the ability to wrestle. Jan isnt quick, has basic striking, is far too reliant on being on the backfoot and has meh wrestling. Jan is tailor made for Izzy.

Believe it or not, Izzy got way better after the Gastelum fight and has learnt to actually not fight close range when he doesnt need to, something he was content with when facing Gastelum for some reason. I think he underestimated Kelvin and paid for it...

But please, bet on Jan. I need a better line for Izzy.

Sounds about right, Israel is a better striker and Jan rarely grapples.

Jan has enough boxing skill to land on Izzy and the power to hurt him. I like those odds for putting some money on Jan.

Decent money to be made, Jan could conceivably get it done

Jan hurts him bad with a left hook body shot to the liver and finishes him.

Back