• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Joaquin Buckley works at Walgreens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of Ali act, it can simply be a matter of "do the customers give a shit enough that a lower quality product with exploited fighters will affect their choice to support our product financially?"
If the average dumb as shit joe wants UFC to be WWE, then that's what it's gonna be. (not calling you dumb)

Casuals will buy anything and aren’t really educated on how the fighters are exploited. A lot of tv deals like the one in the UK on ESPN mean that UFC gets given a one off payment to share the broadcasting rights with that channel, so they don’t get paid on an event by event basis. In that sense I guess it’s down to the broadcast channel. There’s no real competitor for the UFC, and until we see one, they don’t have to change what they’re doing. It’s down to up and coming fighters to sign for alternative organisations rather than UFC, that’s they only way these other Orgs can catch up with the UFC - the talent in their rosters

we're in the middles of a pandy and this guys bragging about having 2 jobs

disgusting

Why the fuck would i want to take homemade meth. My kid has ADHD, im sure if i wanted to be a tweaker, his prescription meds would be better then anything that is homemade.
Food for thought meth was invented during the 1930s in Germany to do what adderall basically does today: increased energy and focus. When WW2 broke out they took that over the counter meth they were selling to the public refined and enhanced the product and it became a super soldier pill.

You ever hear about pilots in WW2 flying for 72 hours straight focused as hell? It's because they high AF on meth.

WWE pays like ass unless you're one of like 20 "made" characters, at the discretion of ownership.
WWE IS the entertainment industry. You can’t just “win” and move up. It’s like acting and music and circus.

Mma fighters can move up without being “made”.

I'm not sure what his logic is here, but if he feels like it works for him or keeps him rooted to the real world, then that's fine I guess.

Even on a shitty 12/12 contract, he's only doing this because he wants to at this point. He's had 4 fights this year. 1 LFA and 3 UFC fights. 2 UFC wins, 2 UFC bonuses. Plus his Walgreens job. Let's say he made 2k from LFA, 12k for his UFC loss and 24k for each UFC win. Then 2x50k bonuses. And 10k in Walgreens money for 2020. That's $172,000.

Even minus taxes and whatever he pays his team, he should have enough to quit Walgreen's if he wanted lol. He can probably make more money teaching classes or privates (when gyms open back up), and it's not like other Walgreens type jobs won't be waiting for him, should he decide to come back.

Of course it's still complete bullshit for the UFC to be paying him 10/10k + 3k in Reebok money.

we're in the middles of a pandy and this guys bragging about having 2 jobs

disgusting

Only in America do we gleeful brag about how hard we work

I get jobs like building houses/construction and carpentry, even then, but for fucks sakes this shit sucks.

The only negative against this guy is the Krause rumours, otherwise seems like a solid guy and one I want to support. Even if the rumours are true, if he’s changed then fair enough. Pretty obvious he’s one to watch, I wish him well in there.

cheers TS

There’s no set %. Who defines what that % is? The Yankees and the cowboys pay well under 30%. Should they be forced to pay 50%?
Those are two of the highest grossing franchises in sports history.... so even if their percentage is lower than national average the trickle down to the players is above national average.

Casuals will buy anything and aren’t really educated on how the fighters are exploited. A lot of tv deals like the one in the UK on ESPN mean that UFC gets given a one off payment to share the broadcasting rights with that channel, so they don’t get paid on an event by event basis. In that sense I guess it’s down to the broadcast channel. There’s no real competitor for the UFC, and until we see one, they don’t have to change what they’re doing. It’s down to up and coming fighters to sign for alternative organisations rather than UFC, that’s they only way these other Orgs can catch up with the UFC - the talent in their rosters
We (most fans) don’t follow the fighters when they do move. It’s not just the talent in the rosters. The same talent will draw a fraction of the revenue just by the banner they are fighting under.

Those are two of the highest grossing franchises in sports history.... so even if their percentage is lower than national average the trickle down to the players is above national average.
Yes......and the same is true for the ufc.........

This doesn’t mean the ufc shouldn’t pay more for business reasons (arguments can be made for both sides). Just that it’s very hard say some fixed % is the right %.

Yes......and the same is true for the ufc.........

This doesn’t mean the ufc shouldn’t pay more for business reasons (arguments can be made for both sides). Just that it’s very hard say some fixed % is the right %.
The Yankees and the UFC have roughly the same annual revenue (600+million per year) but the UFC has a roster of Over 600 fighters whereas the Yankees have a 30 man roster. Let that sink in as you consider how the money trickles down. The Yankees pay roughly 30percent to their players the ufc pays 10-18% across 658 fighters.

No one keeps Dana warmer at night. It's hilarious to see him wait for threads about UFC pay and then shill like an incoherent madman.
That’s why you can’t actually address anything with any substance. Simpleton.

The Yankees and the UFC have roughly the same annual revenue (600+million per year) but the UFC has a roster of Over 600 fighters whereas the Yankees have a 30 man roster. Let that sink in as you consider how the money trickles down. The Yankees pay roughly 30percent to their players the ufc pays 10-18% across 658 fighters.

You’re missing the point. The Yankees don’t pay 50%. They don’t pay close to 50%. Because they compete with lower revenue franchises for the same talent. That’s the landscape the ufc operates in. They are not the nfl or mlb. They are the Yankees and the cowboys. It’s the same reason the golf and tennis majors pay 13-18% of revenue to the players.

The guy is 3 fights into his UFC career with a record of 2-1... you guys expect him to be a millionaire?

Do you regard UFC as the elite professional MMA org?

Their fighters are professional!

Do any of you understand how business works?

<RawexDidThis1>

Didn't realise the UFC had they many on their roster....

Walgreens hot dog brander>>> Ufc hot dog brander. Pfftt easy call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back