Did you get beaten as a kid?

If I ever swore or said something naughty, I would have to sit on a chair with a bar of soap in my mouth for a minute. If I did something bad a smack on the butt and a timeout was fairly normal. If I was really doing something bad, the wooden spoon would get used. Never try and cover your butt with your hands, the shots on the hands hurt way worse then on the butt.

They were never beatings though, I mean I never got "beat". Slapped, hit, spanked, sure but not "beat".

My mom would deal out the beatings, sometimes rather harshly

I do vividly remember the time my dad slapped me across the face, it busted my lip. Probably why he would leave it to my mother

Last edited:
Yes. I wouldn’t call it “beaten” but a few times I was a little asshole and caught my old man’s right hand. Didn’t compare to my parents finding some shake in my car and taking it away for a month though. Getting dropped off at school by your mom when you’re 16 is pretty damn embarrassing. I was otherwise a good kid though.

I was spanked and even caught the belt once in a while from my grandparents. Can't say I didn't deserve it, I was an asshole when I was a kid. Then again, a lot of the reasons I was an asshole was because my parents sucked. Cause and effect I suppose.

I was smacked on the back of my legs and my mum slapped me round the face with a dishcloth once. Nothing drastic though.

I would have thought all fighters got beatings as a kid. You dont think it makes someone meaner or tougher to be beaten as a child?

Oh, in many cases I'm sure that's true but not in mine. My parents were saints compared to a lot of those that I've read about thus far in this thread.

But you're right, almost all fighters need some inner fuel to feed the fire needed to become a fighter. And mine came about as a result of being a "gifted child" so I began school as a four-year-old. And while I excelled intellectually, I wasn't as well developed physically or socially as the other kids. So I was an undersized, scrawny, overly shy kid throughout elementary school. Which often made me a target for bullies. So, I frequently got into fights & I took beatings in the majority of them. And while the physical pain of those fights never bothered me, the embarrassment of being made a spectacle of & being laughed at did. A great deal.

So, I carried a lot of anger with me but I had no outlet for it until I discovered martial arts at 12. It finally gave me a focus for my rage & gave me a boost of confidence that I never had before. But it wasn't a magic pill. I was still a pretty quiet kid & on one occasion, I came out on the wrong end of a fight with multiple kids. But things were better. And I stuck with martial arts for five years. Until I found the final piece of the puzzle in boxing.

I really came out of my shell when I became a fighter at 17. Martial arts had done wonders for me but I still felt that my emotions were somewhat stifled. With boxing, I found a true release for my rage & I found that I could focus it like a laser on the fight. And on my opponent as well. My opponents became surrogates for all those who'd humiliated me as a child & I became dismissive of their blows & obsessed with finishing them with my own.

And that's basically what fueled my career.

Had the wooden Spoon break over my rump, pissed my mom off when she was on crutches got a crutch to the head numerous times, spanked, slap to the back of the head.

my dad when I was a kid would slap me in the mouth, punch me in the gut, spanking. When I got older slap turned to punches and we got into physical fights. The last time my dad laid hands on me he tried to push me down the stairs so I’d hurt myself, he had me in a body lock and i reversed my hold and grape vined my legs through his. If I was going I was taking him with me....
He landed on top of me and crushed the air from my lungs and kicked me in liver , told me to get out lol.
All that happened cause he found a weed pipe in my pocket. Religious folks don’t fuck with the devils lettuce lol

Yea pretty often that's why I'll never hit my kids there's better ways to discipline them.

Wooden spoon breaking on my back was the last time my Mum did it. I was about 10.

Went through it with me Dad though.

My younger brother never got punished, and grew up to become a criminal.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Sure. But I don't resent it. Belts, metal pot spoons, fists and kicks.

My mom was raising 3 boys on her own just doing the best she knew how.

Nope, mainly b/c I could read the room. When my mom broke out the "you're on thin ice" .... I knew to lay low until it all blew over.

Long story short, younger sister and I got into an argument as kids. Mom took her side, I said it was bullshit, Mom didn't like it, got up and chased me around. Cornered me, tried smacking me, I ducked and she hit the wall, I rolled into the wall and she kicked me, ended up breaking her foot lol. Never tried hitting me again after that.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

I only remember being spanked once, although I know it happened more than that. My dad was loading the dishwasher, I was probably 5 years old at the time, and I came up behind him, took a pair of tongs out of the dishwasher and used them to pinch his butt, then I ran away giggling.... didn't go so well for me

If I ever swore or said something naughty, I would have to sit on a chair with a bar of soap in my mouth for a minute. If I did something bad a smack on the butt and a timeout was fairly normal. If I was really doing something bad, the wooden spoon would get used. Never try and cover your butt with your hands, the shots on the hands hurt way worse then on the butt.

They were never beatings though, I mean I never got "beat". Slapped, hit, spanked, sure but not "beat".
I remember making the mistake of putting the hands down to protect the butt, left the head wide open though, BAM!

Sure. But I don't resent it. Belts, metal pot spoons, fists and kicks.

My mom was raising 3 boys on her own just doing the best she knew how.
That's what I figured, it's just the way you raised kids back then

Long story short, younger sister and I got into an argument as kids. Mom took her side, I said it was bullshit, Mom didn't like it, got up and chased me around. Cornered me, tried smacking me, I ducked and she hit the wall, I rolled into the wall and she kicked me, ended up breaking her foot lol. Never tried hitting me again after that.

<JonesDXSuckIt>
I recall ducking out of the way of a step dad smack to the head and trying to dart past him while ducked down, he put his knee up to block me and oof, perfect flying knee, out cold. 12 years old, my only ever KO loss

Back