Law U.S. executes Brandon Bernard

so you agree with me?

are you more of the "life imprisonment is punishment enough" type?

do you believe the death penatly is antiquated and no civilized society should have such a thing?
With the way the US treats its prison population the death penalty is probably preferable to 20 or more years in maximum security. What you guys need is a complete prison reform if you are going to take away the death penalty imo

I think many people (not you necessarily) focus more on the compassion for the person being executed, rather that the victims he murdered.

I can see why that is annoying which is another reason to not get too into the weeds on any particular case. They are all really bad.

Great idea, remove the death penalty and let the family of the victim or victims carry out justice.

I've always though the victims should have that option. Like the guy in Cleveland that held three children for years. Those girls should have been given to option of beating the guy to death with bats or something. Otherwise just throw him in a can.

Derp - I'm pro Life, but support death penalty

For all those scheduled for Death Penalty after Jan, Biden will pardon them.

Fair enough. How many of the people of death row were abused as children or have low IQ's or learning disabilities. How many had untreated mental illness? Lots of the these people came up through the ass end of society.

How many people who have been given life sentences or death penalty later were proven innocent?

People who can afford good lawyers generally don't receive the death penalty either.
If there is even a iota of doubt then I agree that a execution should be stayed until the claim is fully investigated.
That is not this guy.
At the federal level quality of attorney is not an issue. Federal PD are not the same as local public defenders. They are top lawyers with full support staff. So while that is a defensible argument that has nothing to do with this guy.

As for the other stuff if you take that argument to its logical extreme what about if a person was just born bad? That is not his fault he was just born that way. Would you accept that as a valid exculpatory defense?

I am not the biggest fan of the death penalty. That said the outrage over this guy is just boggles my mind. This guy burned two people to death. This is one of those cases where if you are going to execute any one its going to be the guy that kidnapped and burned two people to death on a spree kill.

Before Bunker Boy became president there was a break in Death Penalty for 17 years.

This year he broke the hiatus and 10 additional people

yet pardoned people like Flynn

I can see why that is annoying which is another reason to not get too into the weeds on any particular case. They are all really bad.

I respectfully disagree.

I think sometimes we need to observe and understand why the State/government would implement such a punishment..

we need to understand the depths of man's inhumanity to man.

If thats the case then there needs to be 300,000 Bunker Boy to face death penalty
tenor.gif

Reactions: THC
Back