• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Opinion Should It Be Illegal to Evict People

He was arguing we need to get rid of regulations.

There are more than enough idiots trying to half ass electrical work even with the regs in place. I've never seen a homeowner pull out an uglys book.

You're starting to sound like a disgruntled electrician.....<Lmaoo>

Usually homeowners who don't want to pay for someone that knows what they are doing. Tying ground and neutral together, also super common and super dangerous.

I assume you are talking about parrallel grounding and realize that the grounding and grounded conductors are bonded at the first means of disconnect.

I assume you are talking about parrallel grounding and realize that the grounding and grounded conductors are bonded at the first means of disconnect.

I mean literally not using a ground wire at all and putting a jumper between the ground and the neutral. Like this.

Grounding_Absent-030-JSs.jpg

I mean literally not using a ground wire at all and putting a jumper between the ground and the neutral. Like this.

Grounding_Absent-030-JSs.jpg

Yea, they should have used a GFCI outlet if they didnt have a ground and wanted an outlet with a ground, or ran a ground wire.

No, it shouldn't be illegal to evict people. Honestly, you'd be better off eliminating rental properties entirely than preventing evictions. Eliminating rentals would reduce the ability of people to hoard livable space for personal profit. That might help reduce housing prices and make it more affordable for people.

No, it shouldn't be illegal to evict people. Honestly, you'd be better off eliminating rental properties entirely than preventing evictions. Eliminating rentals would reduce the ability of people to hoard livable space for personal profit. That might help reduce housing prices and make it more affordable for people.

Would be a problem for people who still can't afford a house.

I think it would take more than just that to reset residential house prices, you would have to cap any profit margins on the whole chain, including the product of new housing developments.

Would be a problem for people who still can't afford a house.
If they can afford rent, they can afford a mortgage of equal or lesser value. But I'm not saying it's a great idea, but it is better than eliminating evictions.

Eliminating evictions robs people of the use of their property by letting someone else control it in perpetuity. At least, if you get rid of rentals altogether then you don't create a situation where one person can legally abuse another person's property.

I think it would take more than just that to reset residential house prices, you would have to cap any profit margins on the whole chain, including the product of new housing developments.
I don't think it would reset housing prices either but it would remove one of the incentives for hoarding livable space. It's not a great solution, it's just better than eliminating evictions.

You can have a house built for less than you think.. But no not 20k
If you're willing and handy you can greatly cut costs, especially if you already have land. People tend to overlook the value of a decent general contractor who does the booking and scheduling as well as has a list of reliable trades available to do the job. Watching Holmes on Homes is no substitute for experience.

I don't think it would reset housing prices either but it would remove one of the incentives for hoarding livable space. It's not a great solution, it's just better than eliminating evictions.

But to be honest start messing with one bit and you see the whole situation is fucked..........so........

If they can afford rent, they can afford a mortgage of equal or lesser value. But I'm not saying it's a great idea, but it is better than eliminating evictions.

Eliminating evictions robs people of the use of their property by letting someone else control it in perpetuity. At least, if you get rid of rentals altogether then you don't create a situation where one person can legally abuse another person's property.

I mean people who cant afford a down payment. That's a huge section of the population.

Last edited:
Back