Social Dominion Voting Systems files $1.3 billion defamation suit against MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell

Just want to remind my liberal friends that siding with Dominion means siding with a giant corporation.

I’m backing my man Mike, a self-made man with a family business, living the American dream, even if I disagree with his politics.

I dunno. Suing and winning a defamation suit has always seem like the American dream. Dominion definitely trying to live the American dream.

But now that Mike has your backing, Dominion should reconsider that lawsuit. It's impossible for Mike to lose now that he has your backing.

I just wonder how they're going to prove their case

I just wonder how they're going to prove their case

With recordings of Lindell lying about them? A brief glance at the court filings shows they are pretty airtight about that.

Specifically that Dominion was using algorithms that would change Trump votes to Biden votes.

Page 12, number 35. Number 56 that "the fraud is 100%" is a pretty obvious defamatory statement. Number 62 was after they had gotten a notice to knock it off, and he still was saying on Newsmax that it was "the biggest fraud in election history!" A "crime against the world" and "millions of votes were stolen by Dominion machines!"

https://beta.documentcloud.org/documents/20489823-lindell-complaint

In your opinion, what has Mike said that would ve their best chance at a win?
I haven't been following too close. I would imagine any claim he makes would require them to show how their machine works and data from the election

With recordings of Lindell lying about them? A brief glance at the court filings shows they are pretty airtight about that.

Specifically that Dominion was using algorithms that would change Trump votes to Biden votes.

Page 12, number 35. Number 56 that "the fraud is 100%" is a pretty obvious defamatory statement. Number 62 was after they had gotten a notice to knock it off, and he still was saying on Newsmax that it was "the biggest fraud in election history!" A "crime against the world" and "millions of votes were stolen by Dominion machines!"

https://beta.documentcloud.org/documents/20489823-lindell-complaint
They'll have to show everything about the machine and how it was used everywhere he claimed. Not sure they're up for that.

And they aren't anticipating and won't prepare for discovery.

I’m sure Liz Warren and Amy Klobuchar will testify on ‘ol crackhead Mike’s behalf. They did make similar claims to congress, after all..

Well it's a civil suit, the plaintiff can show defamation per se because of allegations of being involved in a criminal act or behavior incompatible with the profession, and it only has to show a preponderance of the evidence right? And if it is defamation per se you do not need to prove damages? It's been a few years since school.

Anyway, I think that means the burden of proof shifts to the defendant at this point and it is up to the defendant to assert an affirmative defense or to argue the plaintiff did not make its case. Did I get that right?

Well it's a civil suit, the plaintiff can show defamation per se because of allegations of being involved in a criminal act or behavior incompatible with the profession, and it only has to show a preponderance of the evidence right? And if it is defamation per se you do not need to prove damages? It's been a few years since school.

Anyway, I think that means the burden of proof shifts to the defendant at this point and it is up to the defendant to assert an affirmative defense or to argue the plaintiff did not make its case. Did I get that right?
The only way to prove he's wrong, depending on what they're challenging, would be to show how the machine works and how it was used during the voting. I think this will be more than they want to show, since they haven't so far. But in the end it's a pillow guy vs a mega corp. Not sure what damages there could be

The only way to prove he's wrong, depending on what they're challenging, would be to show how the machine works and how it was used during the voting. I think this will be more than they want to show, since they haven't so far. But in the end it's a pillow guy vs a mega corp. Not sure what damages there could be

Yes they have, to be certified in a state election they need to have an audit and certification of the machine by the state. They also went through a real world hand recount in Georgia which showed there was no discrepancy in their machine's count.

Yes they have, to be certified in a state election they need to have an audit and certification of the machine by the state. They also went through a real world hand recount in Georgia which showed there was no discrepancy in their machine's count.
And found errors....so I'm not up to speed on the guys claims but we know errors happened. They happened in other states too. Are we going to see him sued over scale?

Just want to remind my liberal friends that siding with Dominion means siding with a giant corporation.

I’m backing my man Mike, a self-made man with a family business, living the American dream, even if I disagree with his politics.
Yeah man, I guess a self-made man who overcame drug addiction really isn’t an average Joe anymore because he is wildly successful (due to his own merit and not from a small loan of $1,000,000)

Won’t somebody think of the corporations?!

Your liberal friends are siding with the truth and with basic political responsibility. No one cares about corporations even if they hold firm that it's unsustainable that they be freely trampled and impugned if they don't throw democratic elections for right wing puds.

Your "aha" here is lamer than most of far inferior posters.

Bye bye Mr. Lindell. There are penalties for being a worthless piece of shit.

People like Lindell, Powel, and Wood have been claiming there is evidence, huge amounts of evidence and that it is coming at any time. How long do we have to wait while they get to spew this nonsense.

@BRASIL WAND thinks there is evidence too, see if you can get him to provide it.

I think only does not mean what you think it means.

The plaintiff can ask for actual, assumed, and punative damages in a defamation per se case. I dont know how to evaluate the amount, but probably the punative damages would be much greater than the actual and assumed damages.

Back