Ghostbusters
What about Bob
Groundhog Day
Scrooged
Kingpin
Rushmore
Lost in Translation
The Royal Tenenbaums

This could go either way for me. Ghostbusters is Bills best imo Trading Places is Eddies best.
I like both but give the slight edge to Eddie because I would re watch more of his films
Also haven't seen many of Bills movies and need to watch some

Last edited:
Oh I thought you meant bigger star when I saw the thread titty. Murray's filmography slays Murphy's. Eddie made good movies for <10years. Murray has been doing it for many decades. He's done all kinds of critically adored films like Broken Flowers, Lost in Translation, and Rushmore as well as huge classic comedies.

Eddie Murphy

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Murray did really have the advantage that he avoided falling into "generic comedy film star" position too much, you could argue that was starting to happen a bit by the 90's but it wasnt long after that he switched away from it as his career focus.

Bill Murray has legit amazing roles.

Scrooged, Groundhog Day, lost in translation, royal tannenbaums, life aquatic, Rushmore, what about bob.

Went with Murphy because I found out I haven't seen that many of Murray's movies.

Went with Murphy because I found out I haven't seen that many of Murray's movies.

This for me too.

Eddie is also a lot more charismatic and fun in his roles. But Bill has the better films and range.

Gotta be Bill if we're just judging movies. The old fart also seems like a riot in real life.

MV5BMTYzODYzNzg2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTkzOTQzMw@@._V1_.jpg

...is by itself better than Eddie's entire filmography.

Back