Movies Eddie Murphy vs Bill Murray

Better Filmography

• Eddie

• Bill

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bill Murray by approximately a Light Year.

There is absolutely no reason to think this.
Maybe I haven’t seen enough of bills movies. His most versatile role was translation imo and even that had classic bill. We have also seen some versatility with Eddie in boomerang and the more serious parts of other movies.
I’ll call it a tie.

Maybe I haven’t seen enough of bills movies. His most versatile role was translation imo and even that had classic bill. We have also seen some versatility with Eddie in boomerang and the more serious parts of other movies.
I’ll call it a tie.
the-many-careers-of-bill-murray_50290a8dcf60a.jpg

Murphy had a solid 8-10 year run but it’s been mainly crickets from him the last 20 years. Murray is no blockbuster star anymore either but he’s an infinitely better actor and still puts out constant underrated performances.

Murphy is the better comedian but I’m giving the overall nod to Murray

Eddie Murphy has great delivery for jokes, but there’s just something about Bill Murray where he can be funny by practically doing nothing at all, I think Groundhog Day is a good example of that where just about everything he says or does is kind of amusing even when he’s not trying to be.

How is this a contest?

Eddie had 48hrs, trading places, and BHC 1.

Bill had many more great films

Since you included his Standup I went with Eddie Murphy.

I don't find Wes Anderson movies funny at all so in my mind they both had a similar drop off in the 90s a

Back